Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

If you had to pick one god/role to save your life

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » If you had to pick one god/role to save your life 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 1, 2014 1:04am | Report
Who would it be, meaning if someone said, you MUST win the next match or you will die, which God would you select and which Role would it be, and explain why you would risk your life with that choice.

For me - Agni Mid Lane

My reasoning is because Agni has no real counters that I can think off, sure there is probably a cripple counter or Odin ring, but other than that every other God I don't think can counter Agni.

If I had to win my next game I would pick Agni because I think he is unbeatable in a 1v1 fight with each player having their full abilities ready to use. Of course that's all just my opinion.

He has one of the best mage escapes and escapes in general in the game. Yes he can't jump over walls, but the fact that his escape clears minion waves, does damage if you touch it and is so fast its almost instant makes it a more top tier escape than someone who has a regular no damage dash or slower jump. So his dash is super fast, does damage if you follow him.
This can mean, he can either get away in an instant making him very safe, or get in close at a very instant to finish people off or catch them off guard.

His Flame Wave, may seem just like a regular ability which it basically is, nothing is very special about it. Its short range and does decent damage, but nothing is special about it besides the passive. The reason why flame wave is very good is because of the fact that he can use his escape and be in your face before you realize it. On top of that the stun makes this ability better than decent when combo'd for the stun. If he didn't have a stun combo or instant get in your face dash, this ability would just be meh.

His fumes is just his combo set up, basically part of his zoning with his ult.

His Ult is what makes Agni my pick to risk my life with. He gets infinite ults that keep coming back for up to 3 stacks and and they never waste mana.... they don't even take any mana to use. They combo off of his fumes.... and the range is very long.

So overall this is why I would risk my life with Agni.

He has long range, pretty much will out match most other long range Gods in the game in terms of Poking.

His Poke keeps coming back and he can have 3 of them.

The Pokes take NO MANA TO USE meaning he gets to stay in lane much longer than other gods.

If he has no mana he can wait for his ults to come back since they cost no mana to clear.

Not only is his range/poke probably the best, he also has one of the best escapes.
Its not bad enough he is outranging you, but he will always have a long range escape as well if you ever manage to get close to him.

Not to mention, if you choose to camp, he can simply dash to you then unleash 3 ults with his combo and your dead or low.

#1 - Agni has pretty much top tier everything. The only thing he can't do is pretty much jump over a damn wall. If everything about him is top tier how the hell can anyone be as top tier as him? Who has a better escape them him, does their escape do damage and is it as fast? Who has better poke them him? Does their poke do as much damage, come back every time, can be used 3 times in a row with no cooldown and also cost no mana? His clear is pretty fast as well.

How is Agni not top pick in all games anymore, bow to him, he is king.

I would risk my life and pick dat Agni if I had too.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 1, 2014 1:33am | Report
I'd say CQ support. Athena/Chang'e.
Athena good for early wins. Chang'e for the late.

For anything else Hades.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » October 1, 2014 4:28am | Report
Sun Wukong support. It's fun, good, and I'm quite decent with it.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 2, 2014 2:05am | Report
Chang'e, she's so strong in Arena and can carry (almost) any team.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 2, 2014 10:59am | Report
mmm good question. for me it would defenitly need to be adc or if my brother is the adc support ymir (I can't play support with anything else atm in CQ)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 2, 2014 5:08pm | Report
Isis.

I just love the way her kits flows so nicely. She's insanely helpful to a team if you can land her stuns and silence at the right times. Her ult is one of my favorite ults in the game due to the fact it benefits teammates very nicely, does a nice amount of damage, and is a great zoning tool. It's a very flexible ult.

I've been able to save countless teammates getting overwhelmed by setting my ult down on top of everyone, waiting a tiny bit, maybe throw in a silence, and detonating it, healing him and damage the enemies, allowing me to stun/wing gust/silence, whatever to secure kills, scare away enemies, and saving my teammate. The damage potential she has, along with her extreme helpfulness in team fights is awesome.

If I had to stick to one god/goddess in this game, it would definitely be her. She may not be the greatest, but she is damn fun.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » October 2, 2014 5:37pm | Report
Nu Wa. Old kit. Nuff said.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 2, 2014 6:25pm | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Isis.

I just love the way her kits flows so nicely. She's insanely helpful to a team if you can land her stuns and silence at the right times. Her ult is one of my favorite ults in the game due to the fact it benefits teammates very nicely, does a nice amount of damage, and is a great zoning tool. It's a very flexible ult.

I've been able to save countless teammates getting overwhelmed by setting my ult down on top of everyone, waiting a tiny bit, maybe throw in a silence, and detonating it, healing him and damage the enemies, allowing me to stun/wing gust/silence, whatever to secure kills, scare away enemies, and saving my teammate. The damage potential she has, along with her extreme helpfulness in team fights is awesome.

If I had to stick to one god/goddess in this game, it would definitely be her. She may not be the greatest, but she is damn fun.
I haven't played Smite in like 2 days which is stupid because I didn't get to play the new patch because my troll brother took his computer because his girl friends dad needed it for something so I am waiting for him to be done with it...

But, I recall one of my league matches I played against Isis with Agni. I haven't played Isis much nor against her much but if I remember correctly she clears waves insanely fast...

I have noticed that her wing gust or whatever its called, clears waves really easy and most of the time I think she can have the upper hand in wave clear. Although I never though to try to stun her out of it until now...

Her silence still annoys me... not for the fact that it silences my while I'm doing a move but because most troll Isis's just use it on you even when your not doing a move to troll you and not allow you to do anything for a few seconds like clear the wave.

To me it seems most Isis players do not use her ult very well... I never play Isis so I can't say exactly how its suppose to be used but I assume its not suppose to be used as a throw down then activate ability.

Aren't you suppose to lay it down so that it stacks damage/heal then activate it after a certain amount of damage has been stacked to get the most out of it and more heal?

Because I see most Isis players just wasting the ult and using it as a throw down and use it for **** damage. Most of them just throw it down on you and use it right away... which does very bad damage and I usually say to my team in league "Don't know why she just waster her ult like that lol"

Luckily for me, I was facing a Isis in league that was kind of dumb, this Isis kept trying to hit me at the same time clearing the wave, meaning she would use her clear on the wave then start attacking me with it..... therefor she didn't clear the wave before me because she kept trying to half hit the wave then half hit me....

I really do not understand the logic behind why a player would do that... My minions will just go aggro you for hitting me therefor you will start taking damage, and on top of that you are wasting your clear on hitting me thus you didn't even clear my minion wave and I can clear yours now first..

I always think its smarter to clear the wave then fight the other person, I mean early game minions do a shat ton of damage and don't get cleared that easy if you don't clear them with abilities.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » October 2, 2014 6:51pm | Report
Thanatos.
Nuff said.
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 2, 2014 8:12pm | Report
HammaSmite wrote:

Thanatos.
Nuff said.
You didn't say what role or why brah!

Anyways, my last league game a few days ago.... ****ing Diamond Thanatos on my team went like 20-0 and got a penta kill....

Other team quit.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }