Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hype for new patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hype for new patch 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 5, 2014 12:53pm | Report
Ooh, 4 bans apparently confirmed for ranked next patch? I'm actually super excited for that, it's way overdo.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 5, 2014 12:56pm | Report
4 bans is totally fine. I was waiting for that, actually.

Now, I shall agree with you about the Super Potion, Subzero008. Some gods already have Stupid amounts of damage, now let's double it.
Ao Kuang's Spirit's Tempest.
Anubis's Combo.
Mercury's Crits.
A fed Chronos.

THE HORROR! If they add that, they must add a Double Protections to counter it.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 5, 2014 5:19pm | Report
Hopefully erez is trolling with that consumable like he usually does because I really dnt want to see the meta that thing would bring. Imagin it combined with poly........I shudder at the thought!
Id love to get more magical protection items eventually though, I only really use the same 3 depending on who I play which are greedy voidstone, bulkward and shield I find the rest underwhelming.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » January 6, 2014 10:28am | Report
The only nerf I care to see is for Chaac's thrown axe to have a reduced aoe. It is just insane how big it is, and it hits you even if you are standing outside of it. Fix that, and you fix most of Chaac. The damage immunity for 1 second is a bit over-the-top with his ult. I'd prefer to see that go away, but it isn't unheard of.

Zeus' attack chain could be slowed a bit. The 1-2-123 of his attack chain is SUPER strong seeing as how he only needs to really hit you with one auto-attack to stack all three charges, which results in a stun, which results in attack chain again. Slow down the 123 and I think we bring him back down to normal levels. Zeus isn't broken or OP, he's just scary.

The rest of the gods are fine. Merc is .... well, Merc is Merc. But he's manageable. Nerfing teleport to towers will make Merc even stronger, which I think is a mistake. But thats just my opinion.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 6, 2014 11:37am | Report
Phil725 wrote:

I doubt buffing Ymir is going to make him viable as a tank. He's not going to be played seriously as a tank as long as he needs Blink and the meta locks tanks into Eye/HoG.

Protip: remember that thing in the shop called Sentry Wards? you don't need eye. Just buy sentries, and though it's harder on gold then Eye, it makes the enemies eye useless, locking down a coveted action slot.

Ymir is perfectly viable as a tank. In fact, not counting dashes, he's the strongest - most naturally tanky, most CC, reliable peel, good poke, solid initiation, expert zoner, arguably kill-secures the best of the four...

but factor in the lack of a dash/jump, the others get bumped up. Athena has a better and more reliable peel and rivals him in kill-securing, as well as more poke. Sobek has the best peel, but only on one person, and can feed the carry early on pretty well, not to mention being a pain in the ***. Bacchus has quite a bit of bully potential, and the best initiation... and that damage mitigation doesnt hurt either.

Ymir needs blink to get back on top, and since everyone thinks that eye is a must, blink goes bye-bye, as well as Ymir. BUT! sentry wards, remember? now that you don't need eye, that slot is open for Blink now!

but Blink has a longer cooldown than the standard dash/jump, you say? when did you really need to use the dash/jump as SOON as it was off cooldown? Blink's CDR is fine.

now that he basically has an instant initiation/escape in his kit as well, he emerges once again on top. And that's just one way sentry wards can save lives.

BUT... back to the thread's topic.

Chaac: haven't seen him played much, so I don't have much to say here... decrease the axe's radius, I guess.

Chang'e: HiRez, if you're going to give ANYONE a rework, make it Chang'e. Her half-support, half-mage style just doesn't work - just build full damage, and she's OP. She certainly needs a rework. I suggest increasing her 1's CDR, and make her 3 damage only - remove healing, buff damage. And if she REALLY needs it... make her ult mesmerize instead of stun.

Zeus: his burst is dumb. Change his 3 to - anything, really, and he'll be balanced. If you think that's too harsh, have the damage boost from his passive apply to his 1 and 4 as well, and his 3, if it's a damaging spell.

Mercury: throws you, then kills you before he lands. Decrease that insane basic-attack burst somehow, and he should be set. And I mean a LOT.

I've already voiced my wanted changes to Ra.

4 bans in casual (non-competitive, like league, not the casual queue)? hmm, OK. Should be interesting.

The new consumable should be another 3000 gold potion. And add in a double-protection one, as well. Or make the length the same as the 3000-gold potions and make it at least 6000.

Geb had better look like the Geb in RotMG... minus the pixelation, of course.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 6, 2014 1:00pm | Report
Where are these notes? I always see threads and no link -_-

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 6, 2014 1:05pm | Report
Ryvvik wrote:

Where are these notes? I always see threads and no link -_-

there are no notes. there is no patch yet. just spoils of erez.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 6, 2014 1:40pm | Report
IS anybody having trouble get into the site? It never loads for me.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 6, 2014 8:31pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Protip: remember that thing in the shop called Sentry Wards? you don't need eye. Just buy sentries, and though it's harder on gold then Eye, it makes the enemies eye useless, locking down a coveted action slot.

Ymir is perfectly viable as a tank. In fact, not counting dashes, he's the strongest - most naturally tanky, most CC, reliable peel, good poke, solid initiation, expert zoner, arguably kill-secures the best of the four...

but factor in the lack of a dash/jump, the others get bumped up. Athena has a better and more reliable peel and rivals him in kill-securing, as well as more poke. Sobek has the best peel, but only on one person, and can feed the carry early on pretty well, not to mention being a pain in the ***. Bacchus has quite a bit of bully potential, and the best initiation... and that damage mitigation doesnt hurt either.

Ymir needs blink to get back on top, and since everyone thinks that eye is a must, blink goes bye-bye, as well as Ymir. BUT! sentry wards, remember? now that you don't need eye, that slot is open for Blink now!

but Blink has a longer cooldown than the standard dash/jump, you say? when did you really need to use the dash/jump as SOON as it was off cooldown? Blink's CDR is fine.

now that he basically has an instant initiation/escape in his kit as well, he emerges once again on top. And that's just one way sentry wards can save lives.

If you buy wards (especially sentry wards,) over just getting eye, you're putting yourself hundreds of gold behind the enemy support before the game even starts. Keep in mind that most supports still buy wards in addition to eye as well. Now you're falling another 125 gold behind every 60-90 seconds, and it's harder for you to keep up in ward battles as well. There's a reason that eye is necessary in the current meta; just buying wards isn't a viable alternative.

There's just no reason to play Ymir in the current meta. Sobek, Athena, Bacchus, Guan Yu and even Sun Wukong all offer a lot more from the position than Ymir does. They can do what he does with Blink without needing to buy it, saving thousands of gold over a full game in the process. It's not like Ymir is leaps and bounds above the other tanks even with blink. Sobek will always be the biggest lane bully, Athena will always have the most global presence, Guan will always do stupid damage. Blink Ymir's not good enough to get away with spotting the advantage of ward gold/map vision in a match between evenly skilled teams, and people run circles around Eye/HoG Ymir because he has no mobility at all.

My post pointed out that he's not played as a support competitively or in high ranked games. That's not an opinion, he's just not played there. It's my opinion that he's going to be more of a mage than a support as long as his numbers keep going up and his mobility stays 0.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 6, 2014 9:03pm | Report
I still want a new tank...
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }