Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Huge exploit I recently discovered

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Huge exploit I recently discovered 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hacksrevealed » April 1, 2013 10:43am | Report
So here is a huge exploit I recently discovered. It happened after I faced a Loki mid that did A LOT of damage early game, so I grew suspicious and started looking into this individuals replays. I do not want to call anyone out so that person will remain nameless, but they are a fairly high ranked and respected person, or so it seems.

Here is the glitch:

Purchase a potion of might/magic for 400 gold right at the beginning of the game. Click on sell then, press C to use the potion immediately after (pretty much the exact same time) and the effect of the potion will apply with your gold being fully refunded.

It took me a while to get the timing right, but once you do, you are rewarded with an easy 33% increase physical power early game, and double magic damage.

I realize it is April fools day today, but please make a practice game and try it for yourself.

Again I don't mean to out anyone, just get it patched as I have reported it before without it being fixed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few "top players" fall from grace.

hacksrevealed

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ambience » April 1, 2013 11:01am | Report
This needs to be patched as soon as possible. Just gave it a try, does indeed work. Massive advantage.

ambience

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 1, 2013 11:27am | Report
hahah hirez cant fix stuff like this

chouch* loki ult * Chouch
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hacksrevealed » April 1, 2013 11:53am | Report
If they can't then this game is broken beyond repair. That being said it doesnt work with the 3k potions. Take potions out for the time being at least, how many times do they really get used?

hacksrevealed

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rkraz3d » April 1, 2013 5:15pm | Report
Well, time to try this and feel good about myself.

Rkraz3d

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » April 1, 2013 5:24pm | Report
If they can't fix it, here's an easy fix:
Make these potions un-usable while still in shop-range.
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 1, 2013 5:44pm | Report
Well now that you posted this, anyone forum stalker or member might try to do this. That's what I'm afraid of. It's a huge exploit, this might explain the reason why Hercules managed to kill me and ElGrizz at level one in just 3-4 hits. Could you possibly remove this topic in case anyone sees it, the game will hold a bunch of exploiters possibly because of this thread and I'll dislike seeing 5000 people doing this against the 15,000 that doesn't. (Not exactly the playerbase, just an example)
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hacksrevealed » April 2, 2013 12:38am | Report
I don't see a point to hiding it. Blow it up, make sure everyone sees it, post it on reddit so they fix it. It should be an easy fix I just couldn't get noticed on my own.

So expose it.

Sure use it for now to get a higher elo if you like, but lets get it taken care of.

hacksrevealed

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by p1r473 » April 4, 2013 3:24am | Report
Latest patch

Items
    Fixed issue with consumable sell-back.

Probably fixed it

p1r473

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by URDustin » April 4, 2013 4:13pm | Report
p1r473 wrote:

Latest patch

Items
    Fixed issue with consumable sell-back.

Probably fixed it

Yea i just tried it again today seems its fixed :D

URDustin

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }