Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How the hell is Loki balanced?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How the hell is Loki balanced? 13 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Is Loki balanced or OP
Balanced
OP
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BluePenguinz » April 28, 2013 12:14pm | Report
Oooh, hes squishy and sucks at teamfights. I dont think that is an even trade off to being able to kill anyone in 3 seconds. How is it balanced that he can go ****ING INVISIBLE? AND THEN move 50% faster when invisible? AND GO INVISIBLE? It doesnt matter if youresquishy if youre in and out too quick for them to even have a chance at killing you.

BluePenguinz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 28, 2013 12:52pm | Report
Well, Loki isn't OP imo, remember Smite is all about skill and if you get killed by someone you gotta think first if he kills you than you need to think first that it was his skill and not only a possibly OP god. He has a lot of burst but if you can kill him in the very beginning or just deny him farm he isn't gonna be able to do anything. Even if he does get a kill or two if he doesn't know how to snowball properly you aren't gonna be able to burst them down. Still, even then he doesn't bring anything to teamfights. I am not gonna say he is balanced nor to OP

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 29, 2013 3:28am | Report
I'm not going to say LOKI is OP or not but one thing I will touch on.

Lokis ULT really ****ing pisses me off sometimes.

WHY?

Because his ULT feels like a cheap move to do that gives you a free kill most the time.

WHY?

Well lets see

LOKIS ULT
- does damage
- has long range
- is almost a instant teleport
- lets you get off a few hits after the ult is over
- places you right behind the opponent which activates lokis passive doing more damage on hits
- after lokis ult you can use your skills with your passive to just destroy them

It pisses me off because its a very easy ult to do and it rewards you by placing you behind the opponent allowing you to get more hits in and use skills and basically get a easy kill with not a big problem.

Once loki ults you, just call yourself dead, even if the ult doesn't kill you his passive will or his skills will right after his ult since you can follow up SUPER EaSY with basic hits.

I just think his ult is too easy to use, make the circle smaller maybe because last time I checked when I used his ult it was easy and I never missed one before, even when the circle is in front of the god it still lets me get behind them.

I just think its very easy to use and the pay off it too good for being so easy to use.

Not saying he is op but thats what I get mad at and why.

Come to think about it, I think its the range that might be why that ULT pisses me off.
Why the **** does loki get to teleport from a far *** distance and destroy you?

Think about it? INSTANT TELEPORT from far range? HOW THE **** is that a dodgable? If the range was lower I would be somewhat okay because at least you know to be a certain length back, but damn they made that ult have such long range that you get 0% farm and if you do choose to go up one step he can ult you from A MILE AWAY WITH A ALMOST INSTANT TELEPORT YES SO FAIR!!!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 29, 2013 8:01am | Report
loki is very easy to counter as long as you know what your doing and your teammates know what there doing his vanish is easy to hear and most of the time you can guess where he is. gods like hades apollo etc. can stop his vanish from happening and if you build agains him with nemean lion or something like that your lane partner can finis him easely
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 29, 2013 10:28pm | Report
okay now what about his ult :)

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » April 30, 2013 1:05am | Report
I have already fought about this topic before and long story short, no he's not op just really good in the right hands or if he is feed (Like ever other god in the game)

He has no AOE what so ever, Yes I know his decoy dose AOE but its next to useless against gods.

Stuns and other crowed controls hurt him bad. Ymir, Bacchus or Sobek are just a few exaples of god that Loki can do **** if there present. He is using clock to go in? Freeze him as Ymir and wall him of and he is denied (And his ult is pretty much a instant kill if it hits Loki). He Is trying to get away with his clock? Sobek just pulls him right back and he's ****ed. He used his ultimate on someone? Bacchus just belly flops, burps and intoxicates him and he's dead.

Yes his ultimate his really god for finishing of someone or setting up a kill. But lets think for a seconded are there any other ultimate's that dose that to? Oh right ALMOST EVER SINGEL ONE. It also has a really tiny hitbox, so if you move unpredictably or if he's not that good at aiming it will miss.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » April 30, 2013 8:29am | Report
hes really easy to counter, just dont feed him early game.
there are a lot of gods that when he blinks to you can drop nukes or dots and burn him down before he kills you, aegis is a fair counter as well as its shuts down all follow up damage.
if your gonna argue that he gets a instant attack on you, well a lot of gods a can do that without having to even get close to you.

with regards to stealth, dots will allow you to see him moving since the dmg ticks are shown, also i like using creeping curse when he stealths, makes it easy to see him and hard for him to escape.

overall the strength of loki is directly proportional with how much you allow him to feed early game, if he gets no farm its very difficult for him to catch up.

Kaden

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MechaBowser » April 30, 2013 9:11am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Because his ULT feels like a cheap move to do that gives you a free kill most the time.

WHY?

Well lets see

LOKIS ULT
- does damage
- has long range
- is almost a instant teleport
- lets you get off a few hits after the ult is over
- places you right behind the opponent which activates lokis passive doing more damage on hits
- after lokis ult you can use your skills with your passive to just destroy them

It pisses me off because its a very easy ult to do and it rewards you by placing you behind the opponent allowing you to get more hits in and use skills and basically get a easy kill with not a big problem.

Once loki ults you, just call yourself dead, even if the ult doesn't kill you his passive will or his skills will right after his ult since you can follow up SUPER EaSY with basic hits.

I've talked about this before, and I'll say it again; listing his kit doesn't prove anything. With the proper terminology I could make you think any god in the game is an unstoppable war-machine, because without relative display, there's nothing about this description that compares him to other gods. The inherent problem with Loki is because of his relatively low profile and low AOE damage, teams don't pay attention to him until it's too late. The major advantage loki has is deception and stealth (go figure); if a team focuses on either zoning him or putting him down first, he gets smoked. At the end of the day, every support tank in the game has an ability that allows them to locate/CC while cloaked, and you have to keep in mind that Loki's ult is EITHER an escape or an offensive move, not both. If he ults in on someone and immediately gets focused, he's toast.

MechaBowser

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sanquin » May 1, 2013 5:37pm | Report
Loki if not really "OP" imo. He's just really good in the right hands and with the right team mates. In the right hands, he can farm very quickly early game and thus become very strong since he's been fed. In the wrong hands, he's a bit worse than other gods as without that early feed he's easy to counter.

Sanquin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » May 2, 2013 2:53pm | Report
There are several guys who make him OP. But only with feed.
Without feed he's useless. And then again he can't take much hits. WIth wuick reflexes you can escape his Ult (except with a caster, then you are screwed if there is no STun or kill before you die)

And he's REALLY squishy. I constantly fail on him, but when I can kill 3 or 4 casters at the beginning and collect some feed, even I can kill someone.

His Ult might be a bit strong in range and dmg (and positioning), but he will die pretty easy if you hit him.

OT: He's not OP, Fenrir is :D

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }