Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do i reduce lag in smite?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How do i reduce lag in smite? 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mody bird » July 16, 2014 9:49pm | Report
Is their anything in the smite setting that will reduce lag? or anything that i could do?

mody bird

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mody bird » July 16, 2014 9:51pm | Report
bump

mody bird

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mody bird » July 16, 2014 9:53pm | Report
is there anyone that could help me

mody bird

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mody bird » July 16, 2014 9:59pm | Report
bump 20 views no answers

mody bird

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mody bird » July 16, 2014 10:02pm | Report
bump

mody bird

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » July 16, 2014 10:39pm | Report
Not sure I seem to have a Problem with lag spikes during team fights( It happens at times). What I do Is turn off some background programs. If that does not work turn off the computer and turn it on later. You may be suffering from bit rot And I have an article for you link.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/windows-bit-rot-fact-or-fiction/3325

If it is not any of these goodluck.

it could also be on hirez end nothing we can do about that.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 16, 2014 10:54pm | Report
Okay when I have lagg it is one of a few things:

Internet is slow because of: downloads, uploads, youtube, Hamachi.
If your internet is really bad like mine you cannot play online games while uploading/watching youtube.

If you have a modem you can check it to see if the connection light is on or if it is flashing, if it is flashing and you aren't downloading or anything and the game laggs out badly you might need to reset the modem. I have to reset mine once every 48 hours or so.

The other possibility is that you are experiencing framerate lagg, you should press F8 in game and see if your ping is high or your framerate/FPS is low.
Just yesterday I had 5 FPS every time we had a teamfight and it was because of a program that was effecting my computer. To get better FPS you can either lower your graphics settings in SMITE or you can upgrade your PC.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 16, 2014 11:11pm | Report
Please don't bump your post like every 3 minutes. You just made a penta post. :P

Anyways,
Gamebooster helps me reduce lag in Smite, here's a link to it. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
For some people though, Gamebooster can increase lag, so just uninstall it if it does.
You can also go into the task manager and turn Smite to Above Normal or High priority to reduce lag.

Also, is it FPS lag or is your ping high?
As Firefly said, you can press F8 while in-game to see your ping and your FPS.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 17, 2014 1:01am | Report
Firraria wrote:

Please don't bump your post like every 3 minutes. You just made a penta post. :P

Anyways,
Gamebooster helps me reduce lag in Smite, here's a link to it. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
For some people though, Gamebooster can increase lag, so just uninstall it if it does.
You can also go into the task manager and turn Smite to Above Normal or High priority to reduce lag.

Also, is it FPS lag or is your ping high?
As Firefly said, you can press F8 while in-game to see your ping and your FPS.

Also for some oter games you need to disable game booster or they chrash (e.g. civ 5)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 17, 2014 1:02am | Report
Lmao 5 bumps in 10 min, we're not that active buddy.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }