Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

@ Hi-Rez

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » @ Hi-Rez 11 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

New spells and/or Ability slots
Yes
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » July 31, 2014 4:54am | Report
Hello SF community & Hi-rez,

for the longevity of Smite, and the satisfaction of the playerbase as a whole, I suggest;

1) you add more items and consumables. This is a must (!).

2) you add an extra god spell to every god and/or you add a third Ability slot.

3) you add additional purchasable abilities.

Listen to this please. Every MOBA past and present, follow a similar model of introducing new heroes/Gods every once in a while. This is great. The problem though is eventually people stop playing the game regardless of all the newly introduced Gods. Why? Spells start to overlap between gods new & old. This formula becomes predictable. You have an ace up your sleeve, imagine adding an extra spell for each god. that would be more interesting than adding 5 new gods ! people of new and old would most definitely be curious and want to play the new smite.

EQN (everquest NEXT MMORPG) will have a similar combat system and will take away some of your playerbase. This hasn't happend yet because that game is still in some sort of alpha phase. Smite right now is in an extremely sweet spot for you guys. You can either step up to the plate, take the glory. Or let the game slowly deteriorate with the same old formula, that people will become sick of sooner or later and quit altogether. I really love this game, it's great and has a high skill cap, that's why I continue to play. But that will change if smite continues down this same old path, when EQN and all the next gen games are released which will be very, very soon.

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 31, 2014 6:14am | Report
you do realise we are not the official site? simply a community fan based site?
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 31, 2014 8:08am | Report
you can better post something like this on the smite reddit or on the official forums

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » July 31, 2014 4:54pm | Report
I posted on reddit, i thought smite didnt't have offical forums ?

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 31, 2014 4:59pm | Report
If spells are already seeming to be boring and overlapping between gods, adding a 5th spell to every god won't help.

First, they'd have to invent over 50 new spells instantaneously, unique to each god, AND balance it all.

Next, they'd have to create 5 completely unique abilities every single new god they make, while still being unique, as you desire.

Adding a 5th spell won't improve uniqueness, it'll harm it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 31, 2014 7:17pm | Report
SupaAPE wrote:

I posted on reddit, i thought smite didnt't have offical forums ?

Official Forums

Reddit is still better than that site, almost nothing is there and you'll get more/better feedback on reddit.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 31, 2014 9:08pm | Report
Yeah... No

This kind of update would take a few months, a few months they won't be posting new stuff, within these few months the community will die.

THIS is how Moba works: When you start you go for the character that most fits you, you play it, you see how its skills work, you go into a game and you see how the other skills work, you see something strange, you look it up.

Within 1 day of this I usually know every character and ability the game has to offer, adding a 5th ability won't make the game that much more "interesting" it will leave more room for balance problems. And within a day evrybody will be bored of it already.

Adding buyable abilities will be really bad, like Prime Worlds
We have a balanced "ability" on the shop, ACTIVES

So I have to disagree with this statement, I feel adding quests will be cooler, you and 4 friends have to go slay the minotaur, you have to retrieve the golden fleece, do dungeons in the underworld, then go fight in the arena.

They could have nice rewards in quests.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 31, 2014 9:59pm | Report
While I do think new items would be nice, that stuff happens over time. The game hasn't even been out for a year. If you expect a few-month old moba to have the same amount of items as LoL or DotA, you're not very patient. Also, a fifth ability woul be ridiculous. It would only do the thing you said, but faster. As for everquest, just no. People play mobas because they're mobas, not becase they're like MMOs. Smite and EQ are verrry different. As for a third active, nahhh, would need to have underpowered actives to balance. As for more consumables, not really. Health pots and mana pots are pretty much all you need.
Just sayin brah.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 1, 2014 7:34am | Report

While I do think new items would be nice, that stuff happens over time. The game hasn't even been out for a year. If you expect a few-month old moba to have the same amount of items as LoL or DotA, you're not very patient. Also, a fifth ability woul be ridiculous. It would only do the thing you said, but faster. As for everquest, just no. People play mobas because they're mobas, not becase they're like MMOs. Smite and EQ are verrry different. As for a third active, nahhh, would need to have underpowered actives to balance. As for more consumables, not really. Health pots and mana pots are pretty much all you need.
Just sayin brah.

don't forget the wards

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » August 1, 2014 9:30am | Report
Devampi wrote:

don't forget the wards

I like how you quoted that whole thing just for the consumable part lol
But yeah, I forgot wards. It's cool, ganks don't scare me.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }