Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods without escapes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods without escapes 27 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

Gods without escaper aren't as good as gods with escapes
Lol, they are just as good or some maybe even better!
Gods with escapes are considerably better than the ones without them!
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 25, 2013 4:23am | Report
Gods without escapes just sem to die for more often than gods with a jump or even a short dash. For instance Ares doesn't have any real escapes, compare him to Bacchus' jump or Sobek's dash.
Opinions?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jovy » March 25, 2013 4:32am | Report
In a way I think gods with gap-closers are better, in general. There are exceptions though. Depends on whether speed boost is considered an escape, as well.
Though gap-closers can also be used to secure kills as well as escape so it's like they have a little perk.

Jovy

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 25, 2013 4:35am | Report
most of them have certain aspects that make them very strong in fight situations but cant chase or escape so a good support is needed for them.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » March 25, 2013 4:52am | Report
I think gods without escapes are just as good and as viable!
Gods with escapes have the obvious advantage of being able to escape ganks significantly easier!

Doesn't mean one is better than the other, just have different strengths and weaknesses.

Do you could Loki as having an escape? Assassinate is his ult so to escape a gank is a long cool-down away, or does vanish and decoy count?

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LaserAddict » March 26, 2013 2:30am | Report
Admittedly new player here. It seems to depend on what you are trying to do overall I guess? Ao's 2 Skill feels like a complete waste of a skill slot to me compared to trying out Ra. Agni seems a mix case because he's got a useful power that double's as an escape tool.

A God that has "Just" an escape may as well be missing a skill compared to the competition 90% of the time. A god with a Useful skill that can double as an escape on the other hand, would be better if not for the fact it seems most of the time, the completion's equivalent power is just as useful.

Ra may not have an escape like Agni, but I sure as hell hate his Ra's Solar Blessing power he has instead while I'm using "Has an Escape" Agni, more than I hate enemy Agni's using Path Of Flames to Get Out. And Ao I just feel sorry.

LaserAddict

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 26, 2013 6:31am | Report
Ao's not a waste completely, many players place down their tornados and Ultimate behind them after they escape if anyone chases after. Well....they're screwed. His 2 initiates that process. Ra usually just uses his 1 for damage, and rarely does he use his 3 to place it at the enemy.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rkraz3d » March 26, 2013 6:40am | Report
Is it just me or is this questions kind of stupid? All God's in a game have a role. Not one of them have no "escape plan". A skilled player can get out of places just in time with no escapes. AS you said about AO Kuang. He has a slither, a tornado that can do massive damage, his 1 to slow, and his ult if anybody gets to close.

Rkraz3d

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Theophyllis » March 27, 2013 10:37pm | Report
All gods have some sort of an escape just not in the form of a jump or a dash
Stay a while and listen

Theophyllis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 27, 2013 11:07pm | Report
Theophyllis wrote:

All gods have some sort of an escape just not in the form of a jump or a dash

artemis
Ra
Ymir
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Theophyllis » March 27, 2013 11:56pm | Report
Sorry most gods
Stay a while and listen

Theophyllis

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }