Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods I would like to see in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods I would like to see in Smite 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingLion » October 24, 2014 9:46am | Report

Ok I saw one thread about this long long ago (Among the gods listed where Ares, Freya and I believe Aprho was there too) but I wanted to share my list of gods/heroes I would like to add to the game and what probable role(and in some, some small commentary or whatnot):

Greek/Roman pantheon:

1) Chiron: Hunter, a centaur would be really cool in the game.

2) Odysseus/Ulysses(if Roman): Not sure here, but probably Assasin.

3) Helios: Mage, the Sun God.

4) Demeter: Mage, One of the main Greek gods,Goddess of grain, agriculture and the harvest, growth
and nourishment. Demeter is a daughter of Cronus and Rhea and sister of Zeus

5) Perseus: Warrior, Son of Zeus and slayer of the Gorgon Medusa. Pegasus included in his kit.

6) Theseus: Warrior, son of Poseidon and a king of Athens and slayer of the Minotaur.

Hindu pantheon:

1) Ganesh: Tank,son of Shiva and Parvati and was also called Ganapathy, the Ganapatya sectary worshipped Ganesh as their chief deity

2) Hanuman: Dont know(Assasin?), the monkey devotee of Rama (incarnation of Vishnu) and was also called Anjaneya.

3) VÄyu: Mage, the "Wind", the air god, also called Anila ("wind").

4) Bhim: Warrior,The Mahabharata relates many events which portray the immense might of Bhima. One of the central reasons behind the envy of Duryodhana towards the Pandavas was the inability of the Kauravas to match Bhima's strength.

5)Ghatotkacha: Tank, is the son of Bhima and the giantess Hidimbi (sister of Hidimba). His maternal parentage made him half-rakshasa and gave him many magical powers such as the ability to fly that made him an important fighter in the Kurukshetra war.

Egyptian pantheon:

1) Set: Mage, is a god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion.

2)Horus: Mage/Warrior, after Osiris was murdered by his brother Seth, Horus fought with Seth for the throne of Egypt. After this battle, Horus was chosen to be the ruler of the world of the living.

3)Toth: Mage,The ancient Egyptians believed that Thoth gave them the gift of hieroglyphic writing.

4)Sekhmet: Warrior, Sekhmet was the god of vengeance and war. As goddess of war, she would accompany the Pharaoh into battle, and guide Egyptians arrows to their marks.

Mayan pantheon:

1) Xbalanque's brother Hun-Apu: Assasin, he looks pretty much the same but with whole different animations, stance, etc.

2) Camazotz: Hunter, The bat god of Xibalba who feeds on blood. In the Popol Vuh he tears off the head of one of the Hero Twins, Hun Hunahpu, who is then revived by his brother. Camazotz was then defeated and cast out of creation.

3) Gucup Cakix: Tank/Mage: This deity, also known as Vucub-Caquix (which means `Seven Macaw') is depicted in the Popol Vuh as an arrogant bird demon who pretended to be both the sun and the moon and thus threw life out of balance until he was defeated by Hunahpu and Xbalanque, the Hero Twins.

So, what do you think?

KingLion

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 24, 2014 11:58am | Report
I think literally everybody is waiting on Set and Horus (and most of the ones you've listed actually). I would also like to see Hera and Ravana. Also maybe a new pantheon (I know that that's been said to death, and that most of the existing pantheons are extremely bare, but I really just want to play as Zalmoxis or some kind of stereotypical Oni)
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingLion » October 24, 2014 12:13pm | Report
I'm waiting for Horus since BETA ! I hope they make him fun.

KingLion

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 24, 2014 12:36pm | Report
I would like to see the other characters for Journey to the West mainly Zhu Wuneng and Sha Wujing, but i really want there to be a new Norse god or goddess.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingLion » October 24, 2014 12:39pm | Report
Stuke99 wrote:

I would like to see the other characters for Journey to the West mainly Zhu Wuneng and Sha Wujing, but i really want there to be a new Norse god or goddess.

Yeah I was going to post Chinese and Norse pantheons later cause I had to go to collegue, I'll add them later.

KingLion

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » October 24, 2014 4:09pm | Report
I just really want demeter and horus I've been wanting them since beta and they're both pretty big in their pantheons.
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 4:21pm | Report
Set, Heimdall, Friga, Jormungar
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » October 24, 2014 5:17pm | Report
Dude i would love to see Jormungandr, Heimdall, Baldur, Bragi, Thi***i, Skadi, as you can see I love Norse gods so yeah... But i would love to see other gods from other pantheons i just want more Norse gods to be added.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 24, 2014 8:14pm | Report
Oops yeah, Jormungandr. Sorry been playing World of Warcraft and they have a type of mob inspired by it called the Jormungar.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » October 24, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Norse :
-Beldr
-Heimdall
-Surt
-Siegfried/Sigurd
-Nidhogg

Hindu :
-Jatayu
-Garuda
-Hanoman
-Barong

Greek :
-Ladon
-Hippolyta/Penthesilea

Roman :
-Caesar (since at ancient Roman times the Emperor was deified)

Egyptian :
-Sekhmet
-Horus
-Set

Chinese :
-Xuan Zang
-Zhuge Liang (Not particularly a deity, but achieved a deity-like status where the word 'Zhuge' is synonymous with Wisdom in Chinese.)

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }