Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods are NOT balanced!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods are NOT balanced! 45 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » January 19, 2013 1:29am | Report
You can easily get a loki underfarmed by just simply baiting him much and denying exp.
Also, how can loki compete in a teambased game? None of his abilitys can help the team in teamfights.
Every other ad carry has useful abilitys, I mean even arachne, which I consider as one of the worse gods, has abilitys who can help the team out alot.
Need wards? Arachnes eggs
Need to silence an enemy so he cant leap away? Arachnes life drain
Need to slow enemys to either follow or run away? Arachnes web
Need to isolate an enemy in a teamfight? Arachnes ult

Also, many people are too scared to fight a loki, because of the damage output, but if you just got 1 team member around he is dead. Well he could use his ult to escape, but Wukong could just slow him with his leap and guess what. Hes ****ed.
Believe it or not, loki is a low tier god and I've played enough games to say that.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » January 20, 2013 2:31am | Report
Two words. Nemean Lion. I've had Lokis repeatedly kill themselves by attacking me because I'm usually a tank with really high HP items and hide of the nemean lion.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » January 20, 2013 3:43am | Report
Hey let me get in the action little bit...
JararoNatsu you may have a point there but let me add a fact that Loki isnt a god hes easy to kill. You just attack him get advantage (aka spamm all ur spells in him) and PUFF! he s gone in a second gain a speed buff during invisibility and he runs away. In my case playing against Loki he usualy attacks when I get wounded and I have seen with my own 2 eyes that he's tearing appart even a tank Ymir or tank Hades faster than Kali or Bastet or even mighty Bakasura!
not to mention squishy gods... so whats the answer if I play He bo for example? Save my ult to escape when Loki jumps me from behind like a coward that he is ???
I 200% Agree with JararoNatsu he s OP and needs a fix... I dont want to make items to defend against him

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Merkoth » January 20, 2013 9:35am | Report
I usually play very squishy gods (Ao and Agni) and never, ever build anything against Loki.

I usually just resort to staying near my team mates, and I also keep a close eye on his movements. Having "Sprint" ready also helps.

I'm not saying that you'll be able to avoid him always, but it isn't that hard to avoid being dominated by him.

Merkoth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 20, 2013 4:56pm | Report
My point exactly nightmare1985.

For some, he is easy to counter. For some, he is not. The issue is obviously 50/50. I can say that while some items can be changed to counter him, one should not have to change their entire build just to squish that cockroach of a God. With good teamwork, he can be countered, yes. But the way in which he can change the outcome of a game is outrageous.

I still believe that a low-skill player with some luck can dominate the game with Loki, simply because that's what Loki does. People should not have to change their way of play just because the damage output of one God is incessantly high.

Even still, the reason for this rant was not focused on just Loki. There's also the concern that tanks dominate the game, and that some Gods are simply superior to the rest of the God roster. The game has a long way to go.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 20, 2013 11:00pm | Report
Whenever Loki is "shredding" please note what the score is. My bet is that he's really fed, 7/2 or 8/1 or better. You probably have teammates that are 0/5 and 1/4. Maybe it's you, maybe it's someone else, regardless someone is feeding Loki. If ANY god gets fed like this they should be able to run in and **** all over peoples' heads. Loki is one of the worst Physical gods......

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » January 21, 2013 2:06am | Report
Well...my opinion...i think the un ballanced of gods is great, i think the more over powered the gods get the more you have to have skill to play them and that is the many features of smite that makes it unique, having all the gods ballanced just makes it boring and i do not think they should nerf or OP some of the gods all i think for their progress is that they should make more gods and stick to fixing glitchs, bugs and making more modes and different maps for each mode... so stop fretting about how unfair the gods are to each other because all the gods can be owned even if their classed as OP...myself use arachne on nearly everygame now as i have grown out of cupid because of the so many changes that have been done to him and i have owned loki many times as well as hercules which very expensive and is said to be OP too...
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Merkoth » January 21, 2013 6:39am | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

[...]
I still believe that a low-skill player with some luck can dominate the game with Loki, simply because that's what Loki does. People should not have to change their way of play just because the damage output of one God is incessantly high.
[...]

I respectfully disagree: https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?match=7419199

The only two kills Loki scored were on Wukong who fed me like hell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that gods are balanced, not by a long shot. But Loki is hardly a "click & kill" god.

Merkoth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » January 22, 2013 2:10am | Report
Merkoth wrote:

I respectfully disagree: https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/stats.aspx?match=7419199

The only two kills Loki scored were on Wukong who fed me like hell. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that gods are balanced, not by a long shot. But Loki is hardly a "click & kill" god.

Yes as with all the gods you have to play them repetitivly to be able to play them well.
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Interista » April 21, 2013 6:15pm | Report
I agree, many of gods OP . And the others have no super power !!

Interista

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }