Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods are NOT balanced!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Gods are NOT balanced! 45 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 18, 2013 1:02pm | Report
Some of the Gods are really pissing me off. Here's why:

First off, what the HELL was Hi-Rez thinking when they buffed Loki in the latest patch? Changing his phys. contribution to 150% for Aimed Strike? I don't mean to sound rude, but WHAT THE HELL? All he has to do is click like, two buttons and his enemy is DEAD. His late game is virtually unstoppable, especially in 1v1. He is extremely overpowered. Even though he's squishy, he does so much damage that it doesn't matter, because when he engages you're dead in three seconds.

I don't understand some of the choices that Hi-Rez has made. Some of the Gods are just extremely over-powered, and will probably not be balanced. For instance, tanks should not be as powerful as AD's. A team of all tanks is impossible to stop. Sobek has as much lifesteal as Kali, and he's a TANK! A tanky Odin can take a lot of damage, and deal even more.

Hel is another problem. She heals more than any other God, and still manages to have insane damage. Plus, her Ultimate has a TWO SECOND cooldown! There's a reason why she's been banned in almost every Conquest game I've played, and that's because she's overpowered.

They nerf bad Gods, and buff good Gods. Hell, some Gods deserve to be thrown out and have their skills completely re-done. I love this game, but it has a long way to go before it exits beta.

I know I sound extremely pissed (because I am) and rather delusional, but this is what I have come to believe. The Gods in this game are NOT balanced.

P.S. Yes, I know that the point of beta is to test, blah blah blah. You all get the point.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » January 18, 2013 3:12pm | Report
Well.. Loki can be strong, but he also sucks in teamfights and is super squishy, thats why you never see him being played in ranked games.. well some fools still play him, feed, and just ruin the game.

Also you can't say that Sobek as much lifesteal as an AD, because you gain lifesteal by items only (except for kalis passive)
But I still totally agree with you on the other point, tanks rule the game at the moment.. at least they removed the stats.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 18, 2013 3:57pm | Report
Sobek's Sickening Strike can heal for a crazy amount of health, especially in a fat minion wave. That's what I meant in the comparison, although if he had lifesteal items in a match I think I would just about rage out of the game. I'm glad that you agree with the tanks, but Loki is still SUPER Op. Even a noob playing on pure luck can be fed late game because Loki just deals way too much damage.

Also remember, I'm not just talking about Ranked matches. I'm talking about normal Conquest games (or any game mode for that matter).

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 18, 2013 4:42pm | Report
Loki is not super OP, not even close.

List of SUPER OP gods atm:

Hel
Sobek
Guan Yu
Ymir
He Bo

Imo that's about it. Hercules is tearin it up, but who knows if people just don't know how to play him yet. Loki needs to be ahead or gets dumped on. I focus Loki and the rest of defensively weak gods (Zeus, He Bo, Ao, Artemis, Hel, Freya, etc.) and they can't do much. I played Loki exclusively when he was first released, but he's just too squishy. He needs to be played really well with extremely well played and coordinated support in order to really be effective. If you shut him down a few times he'll be struggling to catch up. I think Loki actually needed that slight buff in order to make him more viable.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 18, 2013 4:48pm | Report
Have you played against him recently? In a 1v1, he dominates. He might be terrible early game, but just the damage from his skills allows him to wreck people late game. I've seen people with no skill play a Loki and they get kills purely because of his Aimed Strike and his D.O.T. In this game, he is literally the perfect assassin. Throw out a few hits and his enemies are dead.

Early game, bad. Late game, you get pooped on. Although he really is terrible in team fights, but he can take out one of the better players and leave the rest to the rest of his team.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 18, 2013 6:38pm | Report
Yes, I play against him all the time. He is definitely one of the gods that I enjoy facing off against. Play against him like he's Artemis or Anhur, give him respect and space until you're willing to commit and then finish him off quick-like.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 18, 2013 7:06pm | Report
He cannot be compared to Artemis or Anhur, because their skills were not buffed to the point that they can kill virtually anyone in three seconds. They very well could, but you get the point.

Look at this from the perspective of people that are probably not as good as you (although I don't know your skill level). I'll put it this way:

Loki is behind you, and has activated Vanish and Aimed Strike. He has 250 Physical power. Aimed Strike, at level 5, deals 220 + 150% of your physical power, dealing 550, as WELL AS, assuming that he has a level 5 Vanish, 90 + 25% of his Physical power in d.o.t. damage, deal 135 damage for .5 secs for 2 secs. That is 990 damage within two seconds. If he has full Titan's Bane, that is 33% Physical Penetration, and if he has The Executioner, that is removing 7% + 5 points of Physical protection for three seconds, adding who knows that amount of damage. Right now, with this, the total is well around 1200 damage within two seconds.

Now, if he were to use Assassinate, as well as Aimed Strike and Vanish, that at level 5 adds 550 +140% Physical power, which in this case is 350, adding 900 damage to that 1200 approximate damage. That is around 2100 damage in two seconds along with a one second stun. In that one second, The Executioner's debuff can be renewed and stacked with basic attacks, debuffing 21% +15 points of Physical protection for three renewed seconds if he hits twice. If he has approx. 1.8 dmg/sec, and a high crit rate along with the 20% extra damage when attacking from behind (due to his passive), he could deal another potential 800-1000 damage in just one second.

This is all approximation, but the point still stands. He can effectively kill someone in three seconds. Whether or not you know he's there.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 18, 2013 7:40pm | Report
If the woods are dangerous it's better to travel with friends. Compare Loki to any other Physical Melee and he lacks. If you "don't know he's there" put headphones on so you can hear his sound effects. Yes, he may get a kill on you every now and again, but the skill level of the Loki has to be superior to his competitors in order for him to own the way you suggest. I have played Loki lots, Bastet is better.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » January 18, 2013 8:01pm | Report
I'm probably not going to get you to understand my point of view. I can see that yours is that of someone who is probably of a higher skill level than mine. Like I said, even a noob can get fed with the way Loki is now. I've seen it done, so unless the player is a complete imbecile, Loki will be a burden on the enemy team.

The point is, many of the Gods are unbalanced. The game has a long way to go before it can successfully be released.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » January 18, 2013 9:00pm | Report
I'm not trying to act like I'm better than you. I guess I'm implying that Loki isn't that great compared to his physical power counterparts.

The game may not be balanced, but Loki is not the reason why. Like I said before, he got a much needed buff and is now more of a viable option in competitive play.

Xareth

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }