Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

For Asmoday (new thread)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » For Asmoday (new thread) 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 21, 2012 8:05pm | Report
Quoted:

This is done, you have thrown this way off topic, and have been asked already to keep it on track. So either keep posting things you know nothing about and be reported for derailing threads or bring it back on topic and go along your marry way.

My you have a different tone when you're not in messageboardwarrior mode. Since you claim to be a fan of facts, let me break it down to you:

You are the one that took this thread off topic. I made a comment about Loki in reference to how He Bo is viewed to be one of the worst gods. You decided to comment on that, which had nothing to do with the thread. Maybe I should report you?

I think the fact is that you don't like being wrong. It appears that you are normally right on Smite topics, which I have said many times, giving recognition where it is due. In this case, you are wrong, and are trying to play me off as some noob because of that. I may be new to Smite (started October 29th with nearly 200 games played) I play lots of games and am an expert strategist when it comes to things like min/maxing and finding the best fit for different scenarios.

The problem here is that you thought you would just call me out for the noob that you think I am and that I would bow down to your post count. I have no problem conceding when I am wrong, but in this case I am not and cannot tolerate your insolent attitude towards me. Like I said earlier, if there was a way to negative rep you it would be done. I have read many threads on this site and anytime you disagree someone you try to bully them. This will not happen with me.

Quoted:

I can tell you just dont understand Smite enough and think one of the worst gods is viable. There is no way of changing your mind and you keep this thread off topic for your personal needs.

Again, you are the one that commented on my opinion. You should have kept your opinion to yourself or started a new thread.

Quoted:

Good luck being good in Smite, and good luck with that Loki. He is a trash god and you are obviously just too new to this game to understand that....

I am not a pro, but I am definitely a competent / good player already. Once this game goes live, and I am out of solo queue, when my friends start playing consistently, I'll start playing tournaments and may give you an opportunity to eat those words. What you insinuate is enough of an insult.

You can call Loki trash all you want, but that is just your opinion. I have already highlighted the reasons that I feel differently on the subject, apparently you didn't read any of my valid points.

Quoted:

and then saying anything I posted was a troll post. That sir, is hilarious and I applaud your random comment.

Quoted:

I honestly stopped reading when you said all gods are balanced.
This just is not true. Specially in MOBAs where there are tiers of champions, gods or heros.

Not a troll post? You didn't even read my entire post yet chose to comment???

As I have said before, I have no personal problem with you, and was not looking for more than anything than a lively debate. That is what these forum are here for after all.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lethalized » November 21, 2012 9:31pm | Report
Not trying to get into your Argument or anything, but why not make a PM about this, instead of a whole thread?
IGN:Lethalize

Lethalized

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 21, 2012 9:57pm | Report
None the conversation was through PM's. You want your best mid god thread back on topic after Asmoday derailed it, so I started another thread.

This all stems from a legitimate discussion concerning Loki. I have my opinions, Asmoday has his. I was trying to debate my point and ended up having to defend myself.

Asmoday is a big boy, if he wants to insult me publicly without basis then I'm going to keep it public. If you don't want to read about it, don't. I'm sure there are other opinions on Loki, and I'd be happy to hear those too.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 21, 2012 9:58pm | Report
Yeah, sorry but making a rage thread makes you look even worse.
Without reading the actual argument, my initial reaction was, "Wow, I honestly don't care about your argument." I generally hate it when people rage in all chat, that's all.

I just recommend you two just keep it in a private conversation. It makes you two look like whiny brats, in my opnion.

Edit: After reading the actual conversation, the people on the thread actually wanted you to make a new thread about it, my bad.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minho » November 21, 2012 10:57pm | Report
I, for one, enjoyed the read. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether you agree or not. Pride and arrogance often cloud the judgement of those in defense - no call out intended. I don't disagree with you, Xareth, but I don't agree with you either.

Minho

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 22, 2012 12:16am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Yeah, sorry but making a rage thread makes you look even worse.
Without reading the actual argument, my initial reaction was, "Wow, I honestly don't care about your argument." I generally hate it when people rage in all chat, that's all.

I just recommend you two just keep it in a private conversation. It makes you two look like whiny brats, in my opnion.

Edit: After reading the actual conversation, the people on the thread actually wanted you to make a new thread about it, my bad.

This post is actually completely called for in my opinion. Asmoday is correct a lot, obviously, but I read his argument and it was constructed in a dismissive and belligerent manner which completely disrespected Xareth's opinion.

Although I do agree with Asmoday on this for the most part it is an interesting argument that deserves it's own thread.

I just would have named it something more like "God Equality?" as opposed to "For Asmoday (new thread)" so others would be inclined to join the conversation.

As for my input on this subject; I do agree with Xareth that all Gods have their good qualities qualities and counters. But since there are so many Gods and it truly is difficult to balance any multiplayer game (MOBAs, MMO, etc.), it seems like balancing is always a work in process. Because of this some Gods in this game are bound to be more powerful than similar Gods until they are nerfed or the others are buffed. This will continue until balancing is perfect, which will never happen because balancing is an infinitely long process.

Edit: I don't know why I didn't read your edit before posting this HiFromBuddha, my apologies if the beginning of this is redundant to what you already know.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 22, 2012 12:39am | Report
SmellyHarry wrote:

This post is actually completely called for in my opinion. Asmoday is correct a lot, obviously, but I read his argument and it was constructed in a dismissive and belligerent manner which completely disrespected Xareth's opinion.

Although I do agree with Asmoday on this for the most part it is an interesting argument that deserves it's own thread.

I just would have named it something more like "God Equality?" as opposed to "For Asmoday (new thread)" so others would be inclined to join the conversation.

As for my input on this subject; I do agree with Xareth that all Gods have their good qualities qualities and counters. But since there are so many Gods and it truly is difficult to balance any multiplayer game (MOBAs, MMO, etc.), it seems like balancing is always a work in process. Because of this some Gods in this game are bound to be more powerful than similar Gods until they are nerfed or the others are buffed. This will continue until balancing is perfect, which will never happen because balancing is an infinitely long process.

Edit: I don't know why I didn't read your edit before posting this HiFromBuddha, my apologies if the beginning of this is redundant to what you already know.

No need to apologise. I just made the same mistake of talking before reading it thoroughly. And don't worry, I'm not one to start arguemnts.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 22, 2012 1:43am | Report
Maybe I should have named the thread something different; can't change it now though. I probably should have started a new thread right away as soon as my comments referencing Loki on the initial thread escalated into a debate, but I never thought it would be more than a post.

While we are here, what are your thoughts on Loki? If you agree with Asmoday or myself, great! But please elaborate. If you have a still different opinion it would be great to hear that as well.

I know that Loki is squishy, but if you don't build defense on many other gods would be chosen in lieu of Loki, especially ones that are considered fairly tanky, some of them aren't as far off as one might think. In taking a look at Loki's defense in contrast to other melee carries it is very interesting how they compare:
God Health HP at 20 Magic Defense MD at 20 Physical Defense PD at 20
Loki 395 (+75) 1820 30 (+1) 49 11 (+3) 68
Arachne 475 (+79) 1946 30 (+0) 30 13 (+3) 70
Bastet 415 (+80) 1935 30 (+1) 49 12 (+3) 69
Kali 470 (+74) 1876 30 (+1) 49 15 (+3) 72
Sun Wukong 460 (+75) 1885 30 (+1) 49 13 (+3) 70
Thor 475 (+76) 1919 30 (+1) 49 14 (+3) 71

Your thoughts?

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 22, 2012 1:55am | Report
Xareth wrote:

Maybe I should have named the thread something different; can't change it now though. I probably should have started a new thread right away as soon as my comments referencing Loki on the initial thread escalated into a debate, but I never thought it would be more than a post.

While we are here, what are your thoughts on Loki? If you agree with Asmoday or myself, great! But please elaborate. If you have a still different opinion it would be great to hear that as well.

I know that Loki is squishy, but if you don't build defense on many other gods would be chosen in lieu of Loki, especially ones that are considered fairly tanky, some of them aren't as far off as one might think. In taking a look at Loki's defense in contrast to other melee carries it is very interesting how they compare:
God Health HP at 20 Magic Defense MD at 20 Physical Defense PD at 20
Loki 395 (+75) 1820 30 (+1) 49 11 (+3) 68
Arachne 475 (+79) 1946 30 (+0) 30 13 (+3) 70
Bastet 415 (+80) 1935 30 (+1) 49 12 (+3) 69
Kali 470 (+74) 1876 30 (+1) 49 15 (+3) 72
Sun Wukong 460 (+75) 1885 30 (+1) 49 13 (+3) 70
Thor 475 (+76) 1919 30 (+1) 49 14 (+3) 71

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't go as far as Asmoday as to say Loki is worthless. Based on those figures he seems to stack up just fine against other assassin characters. However, Loki is VERY easy to shut down and difficult to play from my experiece. He also offers very little team fight utility for late game, with his only talent being single targetting a squishy, dpsing them down, and getting out before he gets himself killed. Of course if he is fed early game he can become quite powerful, just like all AD Gods.

I guess I'm rather torn on my position with Loki. I think it is mostly his lack of utility that makes him underwhelming lategame. Because of this, if he isn't fed early game he is essentially completely useless.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » November 22, 2012 3:00am | Report
well in these situations its best for me to just stay neutral, because i can also start to get aggressive LOLZ ^_^
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }