Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Enough with the mages....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Enough with the mages.... 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 8, 2013 7:35pm | Report
Hades is sorta a melee mage? All his skills require him to be up close and personal. And it's more deadly if you go all ap/ad. Sure his a tank. But if fed right he can be a real badass if built on power
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 8, 2013 8:08pm | Report
Hades isn't really a melee mage, though. His auto attacks are ranged, and he has no melee quality to him. He's just short ranged, is all, which is why he goes tank - because he has to be RIGHT there.
Melee Range =/= Melee.

Besides, if you go pure AP, you do a ton ton ton of damage, but you die in like a half second.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 8, 2013 8:34pm | Report
Agreed. I would like to see more physical tanks in particular. Odin and Vamana are only ones. As for carries, they ought to rework Kali! lol

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 8, 2013 8:37pm | Report
Maybe this isn't the common opinion, but I'd like to see a melee carry that isn't also an assassin. I mean we have Hun Batz and Ne Zha, but they're also assassins as I've said.

I'd love to see a pure carry based entirely on melee that doesn't couple as an assassin. Think Tryndamere, but on Smite or something.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 8, 2013 9:00pm | Report
But tryndamere IS an assassin. He starts off bruisery, but as the game goes on, and he builds Static Shiv and Infinity Edge, he's an assassin.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 8, 2013 9:05pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

But tryndamere IS an assassin. He starts off bruisery, but as the game goes on, and he builds Static Shiv and Infinity Edge, he's an assassin.

Huh. Despite the shiv, IE, and PD, I still pictured him to be more of a bruiser because of his ult and his ability to heal based on rage.

If anything, Master Yi is more of an assassin because of his wuju style, ult, and alpha strike when comparing to Tryndamere.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » September 9, 2013 2:45am | Report
I would like more tanks to choose from. These days I only play Ymir, Hades and Ares as the other tanks don't interest me.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 9, 2013 3:09am | Report
I'd like a new assassin or bruiser in the game rather than a new tank .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 9, 2013 3:12am | Report
We have got one assassin, one bruiser and one assassin/bruiser among the last 8 released gods, and these positions have a lot of strong picks. I wouldn't mind seeing more of them, but I'd say tanks are in shorter supply. It's not uncommon to see the top three tanks all banned in competitive play leaving players to pick from what is generally considered somewhat sub-par choices. No other role in the game has this issue.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » September 9, 2013 7:19am | Report
The reason we're getting so many mages has a lot to do with the fact that, for a very long time, during the entirety of Closed Beta, not a single god was released that was a true mage. Sure, we were getting magic-based gods like Bacchus and the old Guan Yu, but it wasn't until Poseidon that we got our first true mage since Beta started. After him, we've seen an influx of spellcaster gods. Some more support-based, like Aphrodite and Eset, others more offensive like Chronos and Zhong Kui.

I'd assume once the pool of playable gods is more evened out, we should be seeing more assassins soon, since they were kind of oversaturated for a while.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }