Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ELO hell explained!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » ELO hell explained! 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » September 24, 2014 8:25am | Report
I've heard the term ELO hell thrown around a lot lately and wanted to chime in in case anyone was confused.

What is this ELO hell you speak of?

Come back here and share your rants about ELO hell!

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 24, 2014 8:51am | Report
Nice post! Completely agree with you on this one :)

If you lose 10 games in a row it's not just bad teammates that's the cause :p

The only thing that bothers me a bit with Smite is that you get WAAAAAAY to much ELO from bronze games. Like ppl with 5 wins got more elo than me and then they go like 0-11.

That is ofc my fault for loosing 8 games the first day of the new ranked system (bye bye my sweet sweet elo) and not bothering to farm ranked.

But ppl with 5 wins in bronze should not be placed with other than bronze ppl IMO.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 24, 2014 1:31pm | Report
Well maybe if you lose 10 times it may not all be your teams fault, but I know for a fact there are many games you can play like 3 games in a row where it literally is your teams fault.

People think you can just "Carry" in ranked.

Easier said than done when not everyone in ranked is stupid an allows you to carry so hard you can carry 3 of your team mates doing bad or losing lane.

Lets pretend you are jungler.

Mid/Solo and Dou is all losing lane.

You can't help them all, if they start dying its going to be even more hell to win on top of the tower loss. You can't simply carry your way out of bad games, ya maybe once or two games you can with luck. To say that you can keep carrying your way out of games where other players are good is a over statement.

There is no such thing as carry for 3 or more of your team mates in ranked. You are basically saying you have to make up for 3 gods absent from the match, you may think oh but they are not absent, but let me ask, if you have a lane that goes back to lane then instantly dies that is worst then being absent.

I'm not in elo hell, but I am just saying I have had games where it was literally my team mates fault in ranked that we lose.

How many times have you had kids like this on your team

#1 - The kids that go to the wrong side of the map at the start, or the kids that don't help with the correct buffs. (This ****ing puzzles me how people say sorry as if they never knew).

#2 - The all lose lane kids, its okay if one lane is doing bad, but when you see every lane getting stomped into the ground obviously it can't be YOUR fault for all of the lanes losing. You simply can't help them all and you have to help your own lane.

#3 - The Dc's, do you expect to win games with a DC? No the other team doesn't always DC when you have a DC, more likely is that if someone on your team DC's you instantly lose within 10 minutes and surrender if they don't come back quickly.

#4 - The focus tank team , how many times have you had team mates that focus the ymir instead of the mages or carries? You think you can simply carry their own dumbness and win the match?

Basically

You can carry to SOME EXTENT but not the point where you can simply make up for 2-3 bad players on your team, you can't carry so hard that you are basically soloing the other team, that **** only happens in normal que where people pick random gods they want and don't actually try as hard.

Carrying means = make up for your **** team

There is no logical sense in saying, if you want to win just carry.

That's like saying, if you want to win in WAR just kill 100,000 soldiers all by yourself and never die and make up for your soldiers who don't do anything right.

Easier said than done.

You know what the sad truth about ranked is?

Your almost forced to spam the OP gods or top tier gods in League. Sometimes I want to pick a different god but you simply can't make up for a bad team when you pick lower tier gods like you can in casual. The sad thing, is that it seems if I want to legit win games in ranked I have to start spamming the OP gods just in case I have 2 bad team mates I can make up for it to some extent.

WIth lower tier gods it much harder to make up for your teams mistakes. Like if I pick a god like lets say, Chronos in ranked, I probably couldn't help my teams mistakes until late game, I would have a hard enough problem dealing with my own lane clear then to help everyone else with their lanes too.

At least if you pick gods like Ra, ect you can **** on your wave then go help your team.

Basically, its almost, forced to pick the best gods if you want to have the highest chances of winning ranked. The only reason why you can't pick lower tier gods isn't because you can't do well with them, its just because you can't make up for a bad team mate where as with top tier gods they can carry harder.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » September 25, 2014 11:35am | Report
That's why I made a list of first pick and second pick gods for ranked play. Picking those gods, or at least getting good at those gods will increase your chance of winning. Everything about ranked is doing everything you can to increase your chances of winning. You don't have to win all of your games to move up, but you do have to win more that half of them. You gain more from wins than you lose from losses, so its all about doing all the little things right to increase your chances of winning.

Nothing worse as a jungler than having 3 losing lanes, no matter which one you gank the others will complain. In this sitiation all you can do is make the ganks pay off with a kill. Nothing worse than a jungler coming to "help" in a lane and making it obvious that they are there so that the enemy can just retreat under a tower.

And yes, it is definately harder to carry in ranked. As I've said before, it is a different game than casual by a larger margin than most of the casual player base are willing to admit.

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 25, 2014 11:54am | Report
JaeSunV wrote:

That's why I made a list of first pick and second pick gods for ranked play. Picking those gods, or at least getting good at those gods will increase your chance of winning. Everything about ranked is doing everything you can to increase your chances of winning. You don't have to win all of your games to move up, but you do have to win more that half of them. You gain more from wins than you lose from losses, so its all about doing all the little things right to increase your chances of winning.

Nothing worse as a jungler than having 3 losing lanes, no matter which one you gank the others will complain. In this sitiation all you can do is make the ganks pay off with a kill. Nothing worse than a jungler coming to "help" in a lane and making it obvious that they are there so that the enemy can just retreat under a tower.

And yes, it is definately harder to carry in ranked. As I've said before, it is a different game than casual by a larger margin than most of the casual player base are willing to admit.
I had a winning streak where I was being promoted over and over, then all of a sudden I reached 100 TP in league.

I was happy because one more win and I rank up right? Nope, I then get the worst luck of all time.

I literally lost like 4-5 games in a row and I quit that day because I didn't trust my luck. I mean maybe 1 of the games loss was my fault, but I literally had the worst luck where my team was just not doing well or they didn't get gods like Athena while the other team did.

I just sit there and watch my TP go from like 100 down to like 70 ish and cry to myself as I wonder why I am having luck with not being able to get a team for 5 games in a row that can win at least one game.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }