Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Deny.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Deny. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mfstrom » January 6, 2014 5:00am | Report
Did anyone address the fact that we cant deny creeps and towers in this game?

Now I can see why, it would be hard to change the game in way that would efficiently, allow creep denying, like in Dota or HoN.

But the towers wouldn't be such a big problem.

What are people thoughts on this? Personally I think tower denying would be a great asset to the game.

mfstrom

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » January 6, 2014 5:10am | Report
Wait denying means the ability to attack you own tower/minion right? If so then I personally think that this isn't a good idea because in the fact that everything in this game is supposedly a skillshot, it is hard to avoid hitting your own stuff compared in lol where you do have targeters and the such
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 6, 2014 5:35am | Report
I have no idea how hon or dota 2 last hitting tower mechanics work but there are several reasons why this won't work and should never be considerd as an implemantation for smite.

Magical basic attacks. Make it very easy for a mage to push tower compared to the time when they had pysical basic attacks.
Teleport to towers. Basicly everyone knows why this is make's every list if it's about towers.

Tower mechanics. Gold/exp given when a tower is killed is universal, last hitting does not change this amount.

Imminent trolling. This will be abused by so many players.

This was just the tip of the iceberg of probleme's that would come into smite from this game mechanic. It's a big iceberg.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 6, 2014 5:56am | Report
All4Games wrote:

I have no idea how hon or dota 2 last hitting tower mechanics work but there are several reasons why this won't work and should never be considerd as an implemantation for smite.

Magical basic attacks. Make it very easy for a mage to push tower compared to the time when they had pysical basic attacks.
Teleport to towers. Basicly everyone knows why this is make's every list if it's about towers.

Tower mechanics. Gold/exp given when a tower is killed is universal, last hitting does not change this amount.

Imminent trolling. This will be abused by so many players.

This was just the tip of the iceberg of probleme's that would come into smite from this game mechanic. It's a big iceberg.

He means denying the enemy from last hitting your tower/minion, preventing any gold or exp to the player.

So if one of your minions are about to die. And the enemy is going to try to kill it for the exp and gold. You kill it first so that he doesn't get anything. Same goes for the towers.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 6, 2014 6:32am | Report
I'm actually a fan of the deny mechanic in DotA. In fact, I wouldn't mind it to be implemented in Smite... If it wasn't run by Hi-Rez.

Ok, it's unarguable that Hi-Rez is new to the MOBA scene, and in my opinion, from the way they balance the game, they aren't very good at actually balancing it. Of course, I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong, but I just feel like Hi-Rez has not enough experience and therefore wouldn't be able to successfully implement a deny feature in Smite.

Also, on a more deeper thought, not only would deny be hard to implement with basic attacks being skillshots and all, but I feel like it would be too complicated of a mechanic for how basic Smite generally is. There's nothing in the game that I can say requires amazing mechanics to utilise well, therefore to have a deny mechanic, which is one of the more complicated techniques of DotA, in Smite, it just would seem out of place in a relatively simple and tone-downed MOBA that is Smite.

Still, if there is some way to pull it off, I am absolutely happy to trial it.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }