Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Could different levels work in Smite?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Could different levels work in Smite? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 28, 2015 8:18am | Report
Me and some friends spoke about this last night and wondered:
Why is there no other maps to choose from?
I never played L.o.L but I think they had map variants* or just different maps completely.
I love the game, please don't get me wrong for complaining, but some people don't like it only being just one map and seeing the same scene all the time, every game. It kind of bothers me but it doesnt. Just a question. This is the only game that only has one map, obviously not in different modes.
Is it too much data? I would love different maps. I think it'd add a nice spice to the game.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 28, 2015 12:04pm | Report
Because Smite has a third person perspective the maps usually contain a lot more detail than traditional moba maps. That combined with the fact that smite has many gamemodes containing many maps makes it difficult for HiRez to have the time to construct multiple conquest maps with their resources. On top of that, multiple maps makes balancing even harder.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » December 28, 2015 12:46pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Because Smite has a third person perspective the maps usually contain a lot more detail than traditional moba maps. That combined with the fact that smite has many gamemodes containing many maps makes it difficult for HiRez to have the time to construct multiple conquest maps with their resources. On top of that, multiple maps makes balancing even harder.

You have way too much knowlege. You should work for HiRez like Combofiend did for Capcom. You just won't be able to compete in tournaments

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 28, 2015 12:59pm | Report
Don't worry mate, I'm majoring in Computer Science and Game Development so maybe some day xD

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 28, 2015 1:33pm | Report
just to correct you: LoL and Dota use the same map too for their normal mode.

Only thing that's different is that Dota and LoL do make seasonal changes, where dota does this more with putting snow on trees changing turret looks (e.g. with chinese new year however LoL did this once too with the bilgewater event) and now having a desert theme look for the map (you can select if you own it). LoL only changed minions to a snowy look.

After that the most map variance is possibly going to Dota 2 now (because mods)
Then smite
then LoL

most of dota's other (all original) modes are played on the same map only with different rules

Smite you guys know all to well

LoL:
the main mode is Summoner's rift (which is the most played game mode other modes are pretty dead, ask wayne for this)

after that you have twisted treeline which is 3v3 with 2 lanes

and then the ARAM/assault and dominion map

Zilby go and look at the details rito puts in LoL maps there are so much easter eggs and tributes scattered over the map.

Dota's map is a bit stale looking at details

EDIT: LoL does allow modding map visuals as there is a icy version available. as long as it doesn't effect gameplay

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 28, 2015 1:46pm | Report
Easter eggs and tributes don't take much time to put in, that's why easter eggs exist :P
It's not so much that they don't have detail it's just that from the perspective you're seeing things in LoL, they don't need to look as nice since your screen isn't ever going to be as close up to them as in Smite (their art style is also a bit more cartoony which helps them not need the extra detail).

My impression was that there are quite a few LoL maps though, I could be wrong about that. Maybe I'm thinking of HoTS...

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » December 28, 2015 1:57pm | Report
only HotS has different maps for the "same" game mode (most maps play differently and are it's own game mode only with the same purpose)

LoL is just like Smite or dota in that regard

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » December 28, 2015 11:05pm | Report
Riot has been reaching out to people for using texture-altering stuff though because they feel like it could set other people in a place below them (e.g. iBlitzcrank skin, Pulsefire Ezreal skin).

And Riot doesn't really like adding new game modes due to how often they fail. League community mostly likes 5v5 or ARAM. Dominion was super-hyped but when it got released and people played 200 games of it in 2 weeks, it kinda just hangs there now and is let to die. ARAM was popular before it got its own map, they played it in SR.

Janitsu

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }