Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Concerns about Hel...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Concerns about Hel... 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khrakhan » March 18, 2013 4:58pm | Report
Just played a match, and am very concerned about Hel being a bit OP. Now this isn't the typical "omg, this god(dess) did really good this match, must be OP!". I can handle being pwned if it's legit, I have plenty of bad games, I'm used to it.

Concern is with Hel's healing being OP, and to a point it's understandable being that you just need to get the jump on her and dish the damage out quicker than she can react. The problem comes from when she builds like a tank. We just went up against a Hel, and by around lvl 16 or so she just couldn't be killed. Double or triple team her, and she wouldn't go down because she was able to heal faster than kill her, and by that time she'd have a friend.

It took the whole rest of her team to be dead and for 3/4 of us to chase her all the way down the lane, using ult's on her and everything and draining our entire mana bars before we finally able to drag her down.

Just want to let you guys know, keep an eye for a tanky building Hel, don't bother trying to kill her in teamfights unless rest of her team is dead.....

Khrakhan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 18, 2013 5:33pm | Report
Ha...hahaha....HAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHA...I'm sorry...what was that about Hel OP? She is easily countered by anyone with a half decent burst, and she is broken beyond repair due to the downhill nerfs every other patch.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khrakhan » March 18, 2013 5:35pm | Report
We had some burst, granted not a lot, and any other build for her then yeah....just saying when she buys all tank items....she's damn near impossible...so yeah, thanks for 'reading' the post.

Khrakhan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 18, 2013 5:38pm | Report
You realize they have to rework her now because of how badly they broke her? You should have played with her a few months ago. She was rediculous, now the global CDs hinder her own burst/healing capabilities, and she is much squishier. She has to choose a role when she goes into fights, because now she cant dual role support/damage. Trust me, she is not OP.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 18, 2013 5:40pm | Report
And building tanky items is not a great build for her. She should not be a nuisance for your team, as she has no hard CC, building tanky ruins her damage, and her healing has like a 10 second CD in which you can easily burst her team down and proceed to kill her.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khrakhan » March 18, 2013 5:45pm | Report
Wasn't so much saying she was OP...played against her before and wasn't too much an issue, especially not to point where I'd call her OP in any way. Guess was just saying that when she builds tank it is ****ing ridiculous and takes an entire team to wear her down. And she was still able to do decent enough damage to get plenty of kills and assists....just saying :)

Khrakhan

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 18, 2013 7:03pm | Report
Tanky Hel shouldn't really be much of an issue. If you have any magic resistance, she won't really hurt you much since she will probably lack penetration (She might have a Void Stone aura, but that'd be it). Having a Bulwark of Hope or Magi's Blessing should greatly soften her damage, in addition to granting you more health and a nice passive.

As it currently stands, Hel is required to stack CDR in order to maintain any pressence in the late-game. Boots of Celerity and Chronos' Pendant (or Breastplate of Valor for tankiness) are pretty much required for her to pull off any stance-switching cooldown bursts that might be required of her in a teamfight. That's two item slots she must devote to a stat to not suffer from downtime, leaving four other slots. Either she ends up being squishy or not contributing enough power/healing to a fight. We also cannot forget that in order to support, she also needs either A: Lots of mana or B: Some MP5. While Light Stance does provide some MP5 as it ranks up, she also has six skills that burn can through her mana quite fast.

This is just build issues I'm covering. I haven't even gone into the other flaws she suffers from, like her total lack of an escape move outside of pre-emptive Cleanse usage and how she must get dangerously close to enemies to dish out burst damage.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }