Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Carry vs. CC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Carry vs. CC 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 10, 2013 11:19pm | Report
I played a game with Xb today and it was terrible. I was duo lane with Ra against a Pos and Ymir. They would stun, whirlpool, kraken. As any carry, what is the best way to go up against that much CC? I mean with Ymirs stun+slow and Pos's slow I could not use my 3. I was dead before I got out of the whirlpool and could use my 3. If I bought Aegis or beads, Ymir still had his spikes and ult; the cool-down for these actives are way too long also. Ra even had a hard time clearing the wave because Ymir was always right there with a stun. If either of us got even close Ymir would stun and do their combo. How on Earth am I supposed to play ANY carry against this much CC.

Do I just play passive and not poke? This would cause me to stay under the tower and fall behind in gold.

Do I roam?

This is by far the best combo I have seen in Smite.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 10, 2013 11:26pm | Report
Ra should have been able to kill all but the super minion with his Celestial Beam, without even being close to them. Additionally, while avoiding whirlpools isn't always possible, you should be able to poke them STUPIDLY by a 2+3 combo since they have 0 sustain. Have ra just poke them since Ymir is slow and Poseidon is very squishy. Just realize that you're basic attacks hit VERY hard on Poseidon, and Divine Blessing will make you win the lane. They win all ins, you win trades. Play on that.

In general though, Ra is a very....iffy support. You really shouldn't take him - his sustain is good, but together you guys have 0 CC. Literally none. That is NEVER a good lane, SOMEONE needs CC.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 10, 2013 11:34pm | Report
That's a dangerous combo if the ymir gets a blink. He can blink on you, stun, pose will whirlpool... and you're pretty much done. The trick will be juking the ymir.

Obviously get beads and consider getting aegis. I know... two escape abilities but it just might be required.

The trick I think is handling the ymir. Once the ymir is neutralized the Poseidon is meat. Ymir is very tanky against burst damage but he's very vulnerable to poke damage. Attrition. if you can poke him again and again and again he'll get low. A lot of people recommend just ignoring the tank and going after the squishy. You can do that. But tanks are immortal. Ymir has no sustain and if you keep spanking him he'll have to back off. Short of that... ymir is slow. He has no mobility... no dash... no leap... no teleport. He has no speed steroid. You're faster then him. Get around him and kill poseidon. Bait ymir out then run by him and kill poseidon. The Ra can help by slowing the ymir and keeping him from helping poseidon. When they turtle you can roam until you're strong enough to tower dive the poseidon.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » August 10, 2013 11:46pm | Report
The Pos stayed way back until the stun was hit and the Ymir didn't miss the stun once. I don't think the Ymir ever even died. As for the slow Ymir, I remember him getting speed buff. He also would charge in, tower or not, do his stun, let Pos do the damage and walk out. So as soon as he saw me even start to poke he was charging in to get the stun and kill me. They were obviously communicating very well and they both knew their combo and their limits. My Ra was having ping up to 1000, so that probably didn't help either.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 1:58am | Report
Lrv7795 wrote:

The Pos stayed way back until the stun was hit and the Ymir didn't miss the stun once. I don't think the Ymir ever even died. As for the slow Ymir, I remember him getting speed buff. He also would charge in, tower or not, do his stun, let Pos do the damage and walk out. So as soon as he saw me even start to poke he was charging in to get the stun and kill me. They were obviously communicating very well and they both knew their combo and their limits. My Ra was having ping up to 1000, so that probably didn't help either.

then you should have stayed way back and maintained some sort of CC immunity/break ability.

Just reserving and timing your dash will let you escape ymir every time if you time it correctly. His freeze does not proc instantly. Its actually one of the slowest stuns in the game in that most stuns will proc INSTANTLY. Anubis' stun for example has no delay on it. IT fires when you press the button and lands almost instantly. Ymir's freeze has a delay. You can hear him doing it about a half second before it actually stuns you. If you leap/dash/teleport/etc in that moment you'll be fine.

Your Ra was a lost cause. 1000 ping is as good as afk. You needed to play as if you were going 1v2. And that means tower hugging and playing REALLY conservative.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 11, 2013 3:27am | Report
I don't understand how you are getting stunned ect.

BECAUSE XBALANQUE HAS CC IMMUNITY ON HIS DASH

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 5:29am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I don't understand how you are getting stunned ect.

BECAUSE XBALANQUE HAS CC IMMUNITY ON HIS DASH

even before that, actually stunning xbal WHILE he dashed was nearly impossible since he doesn't do it in a straight line... its a fully controllable dash like Vamana's dash... and for that reason doesn't deserve CC immunity. Make it a straight line dash like Agni and fine... but if its going to zip around like Vamana's dash then it doesn't deserve CC immunity. It becomes spammable beads. Xbal has no fear of ares now for example because he can just time his dash to nullify the ult every time. Its dumb. Really there is far too much cc immunity in the game.

And I'd add to that the invulnerability frames from leaps and teleports. Gods need to be targetable mid leap. You say they're above the plane? Let me aim up. SOMETHING. And really, half the time abilities go right through their player model but they're immune because the leap has started. Its effectively an exploit hirez is too lazy to fix.

I have a friend that used to nail xbal's with sobek mid dash all the time. Pretty much instant death for xbal every time. But it was NOT an easy shot. He's just really good at sobek. Given xbal's high damage output in his combo AND the 80 free physical power he effectively gets from his bola and passive... I don't see where he deserves spammable CC immunity.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 11, 2013 5:48am | Report
Just had to say... 1000 ping... XD Is that even possible?
I'm not a pro. But if i we're you. I would tower hermit and call or wait for help. If no one comes switch or just back out. Especially if the tank has full health and your next to the tower. Doesn't matter if he gets a few hits from the tower as long as he stuns you and someone else finishes you off. Especially if he has blink. You wouldn't see it coming lol. Anyone who knows how to properly use stuns and slow can easily own a carry if they have at least one backup.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 11, 2013 5:59am | Report
Well, I ever had a thousand pings (close actually, 990). I played a game with 600-800 pings and do not do bad. I think it's okay for xbal to have cc immunity

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 10:21pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Well, I ever had a thousand pings (close actually, 990). I played a game with 600-800 pings and do not do bad. I think it's okay for xbal to have cc immunity

why is it okay for him to have CC immunity?

He has a controllable dash. Should Vamana have CC immunity in his dash?

THe game has too much CC on gods that don't deserve CC. Too much CC immunity on gods that don't deserve it. And too many mobility/gap closing abilities on gods that don't deserve them.

Balance means you trade pros for cons. You balance things. Xbal traded nothing for his CC immunity. It is imbalanced.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }