Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Capture Card for Gameplay/Commentary?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Capture Card for Gameplay/Commentary? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 29, 2013 11:05am | Report
I always thought of getting a capture card to post up how videos on the games I play.
I wish I would have bought one back when I play gears of war :(

Anyways I have about $165.

I have 3 things on my list that I WANT to buy, meaning which ever one I feel I want more I will probably get. A: Headphones which are ALOT, B: Capture Card or C: Guns yes I love guns.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________I am thinking about buying a capture card though. I might want to do some smite commentaries and you will love them I am sure of that!!! Yea then you will really here what I have to say thats for sure.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is a good capture card for around $150.
I might get the Elgato because It has so many good reviews and alot of people are recommending it.
I don't know much about capture cards since it would be my first time buying one although I wish I had one when I played games 24/7.

If I get a capture card I play on doing alot of smite gameplay's with commentaries.

I also will show you guys the 2v1's so you can see I'm not bsing when I pull it off!

Anyone know if how well the Elgato is?

Oh god ICEN with a capture card is something you don't want to see.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 11:24am | Report
Aren't capture cards meant for recording XBOX and Playstation games? Wouldn't Fraps be a better option for recording Smite?

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 29, 2013 1:03pm | Report
Just use fraps lol it is the way to go for pc recording

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 29, 2013 3:06pm | Report

Just use fraps lol it is the way to go for pc recording
:/

I always thought that a capture card made stuff more higher quality and run smoother?
I hear some people talking about lag and stuff with fraps and I kind of wanted to record on my xbox too so I can record pc and xbox.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 29, 2013 3:17pm | Report
I still don't know how to use fraps .-.

Guns? Like REAL guns? Don't. If you rage, there is gonna be trouble. Lol, jk

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 29, 2013 3:35pm | Report
Yeppy real guns. The only problem is trying to get a handgun because if you are not 21 you CAN OWN A HANDGUN but you CAN'T BUY ONE. Yes perfect sense right??? Basically you have to get a parent to give you the handgun.

But I can go buy a shotgun or rifle like a AK-47 right now if I wanted, but I don't want a ak47 I want a handgun.

And you would be surprised what you can get for under $200 in terms of a powerful gun.

I always thought it was funny that you can buy a shotgun and rifle over a handgun until you are 21.
Handgun = less damage no matter what gun you use.
Shotgun = Run because your chances of surviving a shot to the chest is below 10%
Rifle = I'm sure you know what a Ak47 is if you play video games.

Luckily I turn 21 soon so I'll have it either way!

I tried using fraps on my old computer for playing slender man and it made me laggy.
But my old computer was pretty bad and I NOW USE my brothers laptop which runs games better so I'm not sure if fraps would run much better.

I always had the thought that a capture card would take the issues of lagging your game while recording down if you get a good capture card.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 29, 2013 3:35pm | Report
Yeppy real guns. The only problem is trying to get a handgun because if you are not 21 you CAN OWN A HANDGUN but you CAN'T BUY ONE. Yes perfect sense right??? Basically you have to get a parent to give you the handgun.

But I can go buy a shotgun or rifle like a AK-47 right now if I wanted, but I don't want a ak47 I want a handgun.

And you would be surprised what you can get for under $200 in terms of a powerful gun.

I always thought it was funny that you can buy a shotgun and rifle over a handgun until you are 21.
Handgun = less damage no matter what gun you use.
Shotgun = Run because your chances of surviving a shot to the chest is below 10%
Rifle = I'm sure you know what a Ak47 is if you play video games.

Luckily I turn 21 soon so I'll have it either way!

I tried using fraps on my old computer for playing slender man and it made me laggy.
But my old computer was pretty bad and I NOW USE my brothers laptop which runs games better so I'm not sure if fraps would run much better.

I always had the thought that a capture card would take the issues of lagging your game while recording down if you get a good capture card.

So remember what ICEN Taught you kids :
If you are 18 or older you can Buy a shotgun and a rifle that includes ak47's, Ar15's, semi auto shotgun like in call of duty. But you have to wait until age 21 to buy a handgun in most states, I know perfect sense right.

Yes america is awesome and did you know that you can legally carry a shotgun and rife on your back in public. Yes you have no clue what you can legally do in this country son unless someone tells you.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 3:46pm | Report
I really don't want to turn this into a discussion about guns, but I'd like to point out that handguns are much more easily concealed than shotguns and machine guns.

Back to the recording software topic, Fraps can put a bit of a strain on your frames per second (ironic, no?), and if you also want to record XBOX matches, then I guess a capture card isn't a bad idea.

You could try looking at [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815131019[/url], it looks to be about your price range. From its description, it looks like it has everything you need.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 29, 2013 3:48pm | Report
LOL. Maybe because handgun is much easier to hide than those things but still weird. Well, in GTA you can also carry a bazooka right in front of a police :P
I never able to think how USA let guns legally.
And I never thought you are below 21

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » July 29, 2013 4:15pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

LOL. Maybe because handgun is much easier to hide than those things but still weird. Well, in GTA you can also carry a bazooka right in front of a police :P
I never able to think how USA let guns legally.
And I never thought you are below 21

Reminds me of playing The Godfather years ago. Driving over countless pedestrians on the sidewalks, having a million cops chasing me, and then them turning around when I hit the city limits. Good times.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }