Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can you say you carried the game if you had 20+ assists?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Can you say you carried the game if you had 20+ assists? 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 3, 2013 12:35pm | Report
this is when you can say you carried the game as a carry, when you have the most or second most player damage in your team.

this is when you can say you carried the game as a tank, when you took the most damage but died next to never. and when you have atleast 20 assists in a normal game unless your team had a total of 2 times your amount of assists in kills.

when you are a support with an heal that goes to more then 1 person, when your team has taken a load of damage but died rarely.

when you are a support who is about controle. same rule as tanks when it comes to assists AND you have to have high player damage. not the most necceseraly just a lot.

if the carrie had 20.000 player damage and you had 15.000 you did good. if you had 10.000 you did "meh" and lower is just awful.

here is the probleme fixed.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 5, 2013 10:53am | Report

Pizzarugi you know how I deal with the players of a thinking similar to yours ?
When they enter fight I sell them out totaly
If I play Sobek I toss oponent away from them on purpose or if I play Ymir I nail the wall right in their face so they can get killed. And If they start raging I dont ever come to help.

Thats my method to prove to some players that I hate a "1 man army" tactic

First of all, I don't do "1 man army". That implies reckless rushing 1v5 into the enemy team which never ever works unless there's a god thats ridiculously broken (as far as I'm aware, no such god exists with that much power). If I played like you think I do, my Thor wouldn't have 1.9 KDR.

Second of all, when it comes to tanks and supports, I understand assists are far more important. Tanks and supports generally lack the firepower capable of quickly dispatching an opponent and must rely on other players to help them. There are some classes that are 50/50 on this matter. Neith, for instance, is both a carry and support, which means she can either score lot of kills or simply help someone score kills.

Lastly, this was a personal opinion I set for myself. I build all my bruisers entirely for damage output (attack speed, penetration, and critical hit chances), and I also play assassins and mages for the same reason for damage potential. I suck at jungling (I understand Thor is generally supposed to jungle from what I heard, but I don't because of lack of knowledge on how to), suck worse at tanking, and I haven't had enough experience being a support to weigh in on it.

I, personally, don't like having assists because I build myself to pump out damage. And I personally feel that if I don't score enough kills in the game, I'm not contributing enough for the team, and thus I feel like I'm doing the worst overall which makes me think my team is secretly despising having a lame teammate dragging them down.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 5, 2013 11:55am | Report
You can, especially as a tank or support.
Sometimes, assists simply mean being near someone.
Sometimes, it means doing 90% of someone's health 20 times, and having an ally get the kill.

It's the same as going 20-0 as an Apollo, or 20-0 as a fenrir who brutalizes anyone at low health and does nothing otherwise. Apollo carried, Fenrir KS'd.

All situation, mate.

Also, Pizza, Thor's role is not to get kills or do damage. You're robbing your team of gold they could use, especially if it's the mid or carry. Thor's role is do do a lot of base damage, since his scaling is meh but his base is amazing, and stun them. You with items is negligible, due to ratios. Neith or Poseidon, with items, is terrifying.

So don't try to get kills, try to be useful. You'll notice in the 20,000 Pax tournement that Shing (Cognitive Gaming) went something like 9-1 into late game against Dignitas and they lost because the rest of his team fell apart while he did nothing late game.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Loveissin » September 5, 2013 10:42pm | Report
I think it's something you look for in a Carry, as long as you win it doesn't matter if you have the most assists or most kills. it all matters on how well you put your team into the winning side.

Loveissin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkitzNinja » September 6, 2013 1:18pm | Report
Axtrixis wrote:

I had this discussion with someone the other day SkitzNinja, another player was telling me how lame i was for only going 14/1/16 and I was 'arguing' that it was a better game than his 21/19/>?? game, because at least I didn't give up a ton of exp. :) He wanted no part of the discussion, i was simply a scrub for having 7 less kills. :?

Yeah, it's sad how most people only look at the first number and assume they're doing amazing. If you're 21/19, you're not helping your team at all, chances are, those were kills you went all in for no reason and ended up getting a kill before dying, or ksing someone who outplayed their opponent. Kills are nice, but if you want to get better, you have to realize deaths cause a much more negative impact than the positive impact a kill would give you. A death means time out of the game, losing experience, losing experience, and losing your lane, allowing the laners you're matched with to roam.

SkitzNinja

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Joysie » November 25, 2014 10:14pm | Report
I agree.. if I die as Aphrodite I feel instantly bad, no matter how many kills or assists I already had... :/

Joysie

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 25, 2014 10:56pm | Report
I think if you have many assists you did good, and helped your team carry the game. I say this from supports perspective. Like if I roam much, gank many times, and help my team mates to get the kills - yes I helped the carry the game. I am no way a good support, but I have seen good supports really carry the game. Like helping their adc to get the kill in the first few minutes of the game, with CC, bodyblocking etc.

Yes, you can help your team carry the game if you have many assists as a support player ( or even if you play utility god. If I don't have many kills as aphro, but I healed tons of damage, and helped my team stay alive, then I'm satisfied)

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 26, 2014 1:08am | Report

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 26, 2014 1:17am | Report
So is that supposed to be like a necro theme?

I sure do miss RS's music. They have some great BGMs.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 26, 2014 1:23am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

So is that supposed to be like a necro theme?

Yes, it's the theme of a boss called the Necro-lord. Though it was fitting.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }