Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Can you say you carried the game if you had 20+ assists?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Can you say you carried the game if you had 20+ assists? 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 25, 2013 3:18am | Report
I mean really. A carry CARRIES the game. they help kill and get kills. What if ur a support. But your always at the right moment at the right time. Softening up the other team for your team to finish the job. I say you carried the game!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » August 25, 2013 3:24am | Report
If your assists equal to 70%+ of your teams total kills ya you carrier,but if your team has 60 kills and you got 20 assists you did a poor job. It's all about you % of kill participation and not the flat numbers.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » August 25, 2013 3:26am | Report
That's what i mean lol. If ur assists comes close to -1 of the most kills on your team u really carried the team
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » August 25, 2013 9:57am | Report
I don't take assists seriously. Getting assists comes down to being near the enemy when they die, even so much as tagging them with one hit is good enough to count as an assist.

That said, if I don't score many kills when I play Thor (I build him like a carry) or Ne Zha, I feel like I'm making a poor contribution to the team.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheLazyRaven » August 25, 2013 8:38pm | Report
you don't take assists seriously? thats kind of a slap in the face to all support players lol
Rep+ because you love me :D

Also, check out my Chang'e guide here:

http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/change-cant-touch-this-2966

TheLazyRaven

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » August 25, 2013 9:38pm | Report
TheLazyRaven wrote:

you don't take assists seriously? thats kind of a slap in the face to all support players lol

and tanks, too.

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » August 26, 2013 3:17am | Report
I have a general rule when it comes to assists: If you are playing as a tank, support or buildings little to no damage your kills don't matter, only your assists. If you are not playing a tank or playing as a tank with a damaging build ever 2-3 assist counts as a kill.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkitzNinja » September 3, 2013 6:00am | Report
Kills and assists are all good and all, but just cause you have high assists/kills doesn't exactly mean you carried. You can have 20 kills for example, but that doesn't mean you carried if your deaths are around the same number. So it's not just dependent on just those two numbers alone, I rather have someone with a low number of kills/assists and no deaths that push objectives than someone else that goes all ham just to get a kill and death or straight up feed the enemy team.

SkitzNinja

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Axtrixis » September 3, 2013 6:59am | Report
I had this discussion with someone the other day SkitzNinja, another player was telling me how lame i was for only going 14/1/16 and I was 'arguing' that it was a better game than his 21/19/>?? game, because at least I didn't give up a ton of exp. :) He wanted no part of the discussion, i was simply a scrub for having 7 less kills. :?

Axtrixis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » September 3, 2013 10:53am | Report
Pizzarugi you know how I deal with the players of a thinking similar to yours ?
When they enter fight I sell them out totaly
If I play Sobek I toss oponent away from them on purpose or if I play Ymir I nail the wall right in their face so they can get killed. And If they start raging I dont ever come to help.

Thats my method to prove to some players that I hate a "1 man army" tactic

nightmare1985

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }