Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Athena's New Look - Really?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Athena's New Look - Really? 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 18, 2013 10:24am | Report
Why, oh God, why, did they make her look like a stripper? It's not like no one plays her or anything! They took one of the more badass skins, and turned her into...well, an adolescent fantasy!

WHY WHY WHY?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 18, 2013 10:28am | Report
Don't really agree with her being one of the more badass skins (is that really the right word here?), but I do agree the change is bad. She is supposed to be a warrior, and one of the more serious and sensible at that, so making her look like this seems like a very bad move.

That said, I never did get why she wore a fusion of semi-functional armor, high heels and an evening dress in the first place.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 18, 2013 12:46pm | Report
I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE GET MAD AT THESE THINGS!

really why did you create this. there are female gods dress much more naked and you talk about the most dressed one being a stripper.

okay first of i have a probleme with people who complain about sexuall stuff in video games and tv.

i mean why is it NOT okay for a woman to look very sensuall but its okay for blood dripping out of minions and gods or it saying exicuted in blood or baka's head exploding or most other violant.

and really athena? she and chang'e are the most dressed female gods up to date and if 1 has a bit of an exiting card ***** starts hitting the fan.

sorry for the rant but this just pisses me of.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 18, 2013 1:28pm | Report
Calm the **** down.

The reason it's not okay for Athena to look like this is because it doesn't fit her at all. She's a serious warrior and the goddess of wisdom, and also a virgin. That posture doesn't go well with her. I mean, it's as if Odin was standing around with a steamy look and trying his best to look hot. It's not that there is anything morally wrong with it, because it's clearly not, it just looks goofy and it completely crashes with the god's personality and lore. Aphro, on the other hand, is the goddess of love, and she could fly around butt naked for all I care. But Athena? Please don't.

In the same vein, all the blood is okay because it is justified by the fact that there is a war among gods going on. It's going to be bloody. If they instead of bleeding had started to fart unicorns I would have been pretty miffed about that too, no matter how awesome it sounds.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 18, 2013 1:49pm | Report
I will put a link explaining my rage for these things tomorrow.

Look it is just a card. Yes she is a virgin but then i want to ask. So?

Why can't she act a bit sexuall in JUST the card. That is my probleme. You have find it what? Annoying? Mindly distracting?... I don't know where im going with this. But i do know that i think this whole tread is just idiotic. I don't understand why people have probleme with sexuall things in video games esspecially these little things.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 18, 2013 2:02pm | Report
Funny thing is the card reflects her in-game better than the original one. If she didn't wear high heals, had some real armor, and didn't sound so ditzy, then I could agree that the change was stupid.

Also lol@All4Games raging again.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 18, 2013 2:46pm | Report
To be fair I think she sounds more like she has a very weird accent than being ditzy.

I'd also like to add that while her appearance, to quote myself, is like fusion of semi-functional armor, high heels and an evening dress, it doesn't really look that sexualized. Sure she has a high split (very high) and some form of boob armor, but her posture, facial expression, way of speaking and overall appearance still doesn't seem that sensual. It seems more fitting for her than the card does, even if I think they still could have done a better job with both her model and voice acting.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 18, 2013 8:48pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

I will put a link explaining my rage for these things tomorrow.

Look it is just a card. Yes she is a virgin but then i want to ask. So?

Why can't she act a bit sexuall in JUST the card. That is my probleme. You have find it what? Annoying? Mindly distracting?... I don't know where im going with this. But i do know that i think this whole tread is just idiotic. I don't understand why people have probleme with sexuall things in video games esspecially these little things.

Easy man. Don't want to find you playing smite in a hospital bed.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 18, 2013 10:28pm | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Easy man. Don't want to find you playing smite in a hospital bed.

I don't think there will be hospitals involved.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 18, 2013 10:41pm | Report
Listen Athena is just a dirty girl deep down, you just have to accept that. Its not you who gets to decide if she is a ****, she will strut herself around smite if she wants! After all she is the godess of struten.....

oh god that song is coming into my head now..... strut that *** strut that *** YAY!!!
You won't understand unless you seen it.

I don't know why they made Athena look like a pale stripper who is looking for corner pay though when she doesn't look like that.

Well at least its entertainment for the loading screen.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }