Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang's Squall should stun

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ao Kuang's Squall should stun 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » July 28, 2013 7:54pm | Report
I mean seriously - it's hard enough to hit with - why does it only slow? A 2 second stun needs to be added to it to make it a viable escape method from gods such as Fenrir and Loki who can simply tear Ao apart at will because Ao has no counters for them. I always hear about Squall being used to escape but I don't think it's ever helped me to escape a determined attacker. Ao is so squishy - with all the other gods with stun capabilities, it's only fair to give Ao a stun. PLEASE. It's ridiculous playing against any decent Loki or Fenrir player. If you can survive the damage of their initial attack, you're still screwed because even if you build defensively, it will still only take a few extra hits or one ability to finish you off. Ao needs a stun for balance. PLEASE make his Squall stun. He basically only has one really decent ability besides his passive - Tornadoes. Slither rarely helps you to escape and Squall can be used to finish off running enemies and to get cluster of archers that you may have missed with your tornadoes, but they're extremely underpowered abilities compared especially to the newer gods. Chronos for example has a far superior "Slither" of his own, and his stop time or whatever ability can freeze an entire wave of enemies and only an idiot could miss it. Please update Ao devs... He has NO protection against certain physical gods. I can outrun Ymir, etc.. but any halfway decent Fenrir can basically kill me at will no matter how I build Ao. A stun would make Ao useable again. He's my favorite god. As a celestial dragon he should have a better #2 and a stun #1. Enough ranting... everyone knows it's true. You may as well rename Ao to "Earthworm" because all he becomes is bait. Without a support mage on your team, or someone who can really watch your back like Ares... he can be hopeless... and I just went 10-0-8 in 3v3 Joust and led in every single category (but they were all lower level). Against more advanced players, he's usually easily countered and easy to get to no matter how far back you stay. It's not fair!!! Ao's an old god. He needs a major makeover like Sun Wukong, but leave his name and Tornadoes the same. Thank you for listening.

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 8:05pm | Report
Holy wall of text.
Ao Kuang does not need a stun for balance. He is a very high tier mage who is absolutely godmode in assault and one of the best pushers in conquest. His squall is easy to hit, I have no idea what you're talking about - the projectile is about twice-3 times as wide as an auto attack, and if you get gem of isolation (which you should with tornadoes ticking for a solid 5ish seconds) your follow up squall will be enough.

If squall stunned, you'd have almost guaranteed ults, a slow from Gem of Iso tornadoes, and a speed steroid, meaning you're nigh unkillable.

If you're having trouble with melees, build a Breastplate of Valor. 70 Physical Protection, CDR, and mana which your passive scales off of.

TL;DR, he's absolutely fine. Squall with stun is overpowered, it's easy to hit. Just build some Physical Protection and GG.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 8:31pm | Report
I would also like to mention only 5 mages have a stun.
2 (Isis and Chang'e) are ultimates
Zeus needs 3 charges to stun
Agni needs to place his poison AND detonate it before you get out

Only chronos has an easily accessible stun.

His slither could use rework, but Ao needs no buff to his offensive abilities. He already rots entire teams with a well placed tornadoes, and his ult when combined with a CC god is unparalleled. Mages aren't *supposed* to live very well against a determined attacker. Poseidon, Agni, Zeus - they'll all die exceptionally fast with a relentless attacker. And most have a very gimicky single dash or minor shield. Fenrir and Loki will always be a ridiculous problem, your answer is to build Gem (health/mana + slow) and Breastplate of Valor (Mana, CDR, 70 Protection) to combat this. Buy an aegis. Buy beads. Do what every other person in the game has to do.

Edit: spelling
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 28, 2013 9:12pm | Report
You pretty much summed everything up of why Ao does not need a stun.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 9:30pm | Report
Also, as far as old gods to new gods go, it affects everyone, not just Ao Kuang. He's actually one of the best old gods.

You might enjoy this term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_creep
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » July 29, 2013 6:41am | Report
I build breastplate third and it seems to do little. I also switch between Gem of Isolation and (now) Focused Void Stone. My usual build scales to 756 magic power and 40 magical penetration by level 20. If I can make level 20, you're right - I'm a beast - and I don't have problems hitting with squall but you must admit that it's not like other gods' abilities that either instant hit, stun, provide an escape, etc... It's just a powerful auto-attack with a barely noticeable stun. I can play super avoidant, It's just a little messed up when you're playing with a team that has no idea how to use teamwork and I end up leading in EVERY SINGLE damage category, including least amount taken, but my K/D/A looks something 2/6/15 because of a Fenrir or Loki. He's just too reliant on his team and I think he should be tweaked to be useable by himself. I hate being the one shot wonder who always has to look over my back. Almost any god in the game can pretty much one-shot you with the right build and Ao absolutely can not... and if you're trying to tell me that squall and slither are NOT underpowered, obviously you've not played Ao much. While necessary (Squall questionable unless combined with Polynomicon), they could be twice as potent and still not make that much difference. I know the patch only mentions Ao's auto-attack being changed to 35+25% of his magic power, but it seems like before the patch I won at the very least 2 of 3 games that I played. Now it's 50/50 and I doubt it's a coincidence. They keep making other gods more powerful but Ao is basically the same. If no stun is added to his squall, how about making his slither 25% faster and be able to act as Pur Beads? Or 25% faster and while activated, Ao takes 33% less physical damage?

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShaoTheGreat » July 29, 2013 6:45am | Report
...and Raventhor, I see you're a Loki player - it's obvious why you don't want Ao to have a stun, because you know he's an easy kill. You're being transparent dude.

ShaoTheGreat

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 29, 2013 6:54am | Report
ShaoTheGreat wrote:

...and Raventhor, I see you're a Loki player - it's obvious why you don't want Ao to have a stun, because you know he's an easy kill. You're being transparent dude.

Sir that's racist. Just because some one play's loki and you hate loki doesn't mean that you shoulden't concidre their argument.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 29, 2013 8:02am | Report
All4Games wrote:

Sir that's racist. Just because some one play's loki and you hate loki doesn't mean that you shoulden't concidre their argument.

More like "godist". :p

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 29, 2013 8:42am | Report
Really? You said Ao is weak? I played many squishies against AO and every time he use tornado on me (they are smart enough to put it on me) my health is reduced by 1/3-1/2. In arena, I was going back but that tornado was still on me even if I had leap. Ao is strong the way he is (especially with gem which makes tornado annoying and squall make me nearly unable to move)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }