Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Angelic Thanatos Skin + News Update

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Angelic Thanatos Skin + News Update 41 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 17, 2014 1:28pm | Report

The ‘angelic’ theme was the winning concept and will be the final exclusive bonus item of the Odyssey. The skin is progressive and changes and evolves throughout the course of the match, beginning with the first stage (far left), and moving toward the final stage (far right) as the player levels up. Also, according to these articles listed below, new gods will be rolling in until early 2015 and a new pantheon is on its way! The changes to the conquest map seem to be bigger than everyone thought. Can't wait until 2015!

Smite World Championship tops $1.3m

Redesigning Smite gods and the $1.3 million World Championship

Smite World Championship Prize Pool Distribution, Digital Rewards and Community Skins!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 17, 2014 2:06pm | Report
I'm really curious what the new pantheon is going to be. My optimist money's on either Shinto or Celtic. My pessimist money is on Aztec. My super optimist money is on Zoroastrian or Slavic.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 17, 2014 2:35pm | Report

I'm really curious what the new pantheon is going to be. My optimist money's on either Shinto or Celtic. My pessimist money is on Aztec. My super optimist money is on Zoroastrian or Slavic.

I researched a bit and I doubt Hi-Rez would do Aztec or any other Central American ancient religions due to the similarities to the Mayan's religion. It would be Roman/Greek all over again.

Shinto is a huge probability since it's not really related to Chinese that much. I hope we don't get this (nothing against Shintoism) but the names are a lot harder than the Chinese gods haha. Celtic and/or Babylonian would be amazing. I read about the Morrigan in The Last Apprentice. There were Greek gods in it as well if I recall. I'd prefer these two over Shinto personally.

Also how boss would it to be able to play Tiamat? From Dungeons and Dragons, an item in LoL, and from FF1? Damn yo

It would be the easiest to implement the Celtic Pantheon due to the numerous amount of gods. I find the Babylonian more interesting however. Excuse my Wikipedia.

Babylonian Fam Tree

Celtic Deities

Japanese Deities

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » November 17, 2014 3:01pm | Report
IGN did a Q&A with Todd Harris a few days ago, and the question of new pantheons came up, and while he said they will be looking at possible new pantheons next year, but that they didn't have anything to announce at the moment, he did drop a comment saying that Shinto is probably the most requested pantheon and that the "team is excited."

Not really a true indication, but again, considering it is one of the more requested pantheons and that he specifically brought it up like that should definitely get those who want Shinto in the game a bit excited.

Shinto would be cool, but yeah, I think I'd like to see Celtic more than anything else.

Here's a link to the video of the Q&A if anyone missed it/is interested:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/13/smite-your-questions-answered
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 17, 2014 3:04pm | Report
The reason that I brought up Aztec was specifically because of the Greek/Roman thing. I labeled it under a pessimistic guess because it would just be them being lazy rather than actually adding anything new. Also I would kill for the Babylonian (or any pre-Islamic middle eastern religion) pantheon.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 17, 2014 11:09pm | Report
Hoping the new pantheon is Hawaiian, that would be cool.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » November 18, 2014 12:18am | Report
Oh the new pantheon needs to be Babylonian.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 18, 2014 12:23am | Report
I want Christian.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AlexiTheSexy » November 18, 2014 12:43am | Report
I want a Finnish partheon :o

AlexiTheSexy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 18, 2014 3:41am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

I want Christian.

It would be hilarious if Hi-Rez did this
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }