Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Agni Impossible to deal with for Anubis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Agni Impossible to deal with for Anubis 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 8, 2013 10:17pm | Report
Agni is one of the mages I play most along with Anubis.

Yesterday I decided to play Anubis and was facing Agni mid lane.
Usually I am Agni.

It was probably simply because I was Anubis but damn, Agni is literally impossible to deal with if you have no jungler or a ****ty jungler.

Now before you all try to think of crazy ways to kill him, just stop because I thought of everything I could and you can literally not touch Agni if you Anubis mid lane unless you get super lucky or he is stupid.

The only way that I could possibly win the lane is if my jungler was good which he turned out to suck. I soon found out that no matter how good I played, what I bought or what I did I could not do **** to that Agni as Anubis.

This is just talking about Anubis Vs Agni. Both are my fav mages so I know how to play them.

Agni was literally untouchable.
None of my moves can reach him, my 1 is too short, my 2(stun) is too short, my 3 can possibly reach him but he will just move out of it or not get hit by it and my ult requires my stun which cannot reach Agni EVER!

It was this match that made me almost think wow Agni is ****ing OP with his ult.
I mean I always laughed at myself when I used Agni's free manaless ult but having a good agni spam it on me just shows how ****ing untouchable Agni is.

No mind you, I already proved that there is no way for ANUBIS to touch agni, simply because agni will never get close enough to let you use anything. Not to mention that anubis is the most weakest mage meaning he dies the quickest. Agni's ult can take like almost half HP with just 1 ult alone.

The sad part is that Agni, #1 poke does insane damage on anubis, #2 his poke is free mana on top of that so he will never run out of it. #3 The AOE is ****ing insane because the added AOE from fumes is ****ing insane.

You LITERALLY cannot get out of being stunned once you add fumes because the AOE is 2x as big and you literally cannot avoid it.

So what happens is this -
- You are anubis and none of your skills can reach Agni EVER
- You can clear waves though
- Agni can poke you over and over for free without losing mana
- Agni can clear waves just as fast
- Agni can than poke you more when your waves are down and/or poke you in tower range
- Agni's ult does almost half hp
- You are either forced to die or return to base
- This means you will always lose your tower to agni assuming both of you have equal skill

I honestly think that Anubis can't do **** against agni now.
It is impossible literally, this is not an idea its fact as I witnessed it happen to myself.

Your only hope is that your jungler is very good or you buy combat blink. And that is risking it big time.

Agni Vs Anubis = Anubis just give up on fighting him because you can't do anything.

Anytime I face a good Agni with ANubis I will now, clear waves, then camp in my tower far back and pray my jungler is good.

By the way, I got so pissed that Anubis had no way to get Agni that I even used SPRINT to ****ing chase him to wrap him up and he would just dash away. Anubis VS Agni = Agni ***** on anubis.

Note : Once it came time to TEAM FIGHT that is where ANUBIS came to **** on AGNI. But 1v1 Anubis can't touch him. I got **** on super bad in the mid lane but once the team fights broke out I **** on him back. So Thats my lesson learned.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 8, 2013 10:21pm | Report
Gem of isolation and ganking him yourself might work. Start with Mummify, then grasping hands, and finish with locust swarm or ult. A smart player tends to stay away from Anubis because of his skill combo. The gem of isolation is a good way to try and get some more damage in before he dashes out of range.
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 8, 2013 10:28pm | Report
You can't gank agni when you are the mid lol?????

I said mid lane 1v1. Your jungler is the person who should be ganking and you simply can't gank because you are in the mid lane = Agni always sees you.

If I was too go into the jungle I would be risking losing my life to their side of the jungle, they may have wards and even if I survived through that agni would just go back to his tower until minions come back.

Gem of Isolation won't work on him either.
#1 grasping hands it he only move that has the CHANCE to hit agni from far range.
#2 All other skills cannot reach Agni As I try'd to aim my skills far as possibly and Agni was still to far for any of them to land.
#3 Even with Gem of Isolation Agni will just dash out of the Gem and grasping hands.

He literally cannot be touched by Anubis.
I rarely face Agni mid and if I do I was never Anubis when it happened.
Maybe other gods are better against him but I know for sure Anubis is screwed if they are a good Agni.

Everyone fears Anubis because of his damage and his stun, but when you are Agni and can bypass all that damage Anubis then has to fear Agni.

Like I said though, he may have won the mid lane but once the team fights broke out my Anubis destroyed his entire team since I had people to CC and distract Agni where I couldn't.

So ganking from the side is really the only way to get a kill yourself but its a super big risk that is not likey to turn out in your favor simply because #1 They're jungler is roaming around, #2 its their side of the jungle they probably have team mates grabbing buffs near by, #3 they probably have wards and #4 smart players will stay at tower range until they see you.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » September 9, 2013 1:03am | Report
I must be doing something wrong because I recently started playing Agni and it's not that easy for me to overcome Anubis. How do You clear waves with Agni? My main problem is that Anubis is pushing me very hard. I do a lot damage to him but with teleport it's not hard to go back and forth before I'll push to his tower.

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 9, 2013 1:19am | Report
Well this is how the game worked out.
I was anubis.

Level 1 - I get grasping hands, I think agni might have got flame wave
Level 2 - I may have got mummify, agni probably got his dash
Level 3 - I upgrade grasping hands again I'm not sure what he upgraded

Now by this time He is actually pushing the wave quicker than me for some reason I noticed, I think its because agni's passive. Agni's passive was ticking extra damage and his flame wave was hitting all the minions.

At this point I figured its not wise for me to try to mummify him because Anubis is super weak and will die from minions early game so I did not want to risk dying to minion damage. He basically just stayed back and used flame wave on the wave with his passive.
Also with one point into mummify its not enough to keep agni still so all it would do is waste my mana faster when I should be focused on clearing waves.

Then level 5 came and hell started.

Once Agni reached level 5 it was pretty much the end of Anubis being able to kill him, once he reached level 5 all he did was camp back all game and I couldn't reach him with anything. He build alot of CD to get his meteors back fast. Level 5 will come and even if you get a kill on him before level 5 Agni will reach level 5 eventually and soon you will have to deal with it.

The Agni I faced was one of the best players I ever faced before, I can literally say he was the hardest person I ever had trouble with before in smite out of all the matches I played. He could clear waves with his ult and poke me with it non stop while being safe to anything I have.

Like I said, you may have a chance to kill him early game but I wouldn't risk it only because Anubis is the most squishiest mage and you will die by the minions before you even get a chance to kill him.

Once level 5 comes you are screwed.

Maybe you just need to learn to stay back more with Agni because with your ULT there is nothing any Anubis can do to you.

Looking back If I could be in that same situation this is what I would do differently.
- Clear the wave then camp super far back in my tower out of his ult range
- Buy combat blink and hopefully score a kill if I am lucky.

In order to kill Agni you are going to have to have your mummify close to maxed out because he will just dash out and if he bought beads then well that sucks. Theres not a really good way to kill Agni once he reaches level 5. He doesn't have to kill you to win, he will poke you and force you to return to base because of low HP then take your tower.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LostScarf » September 9, 2013 9:17am | Report
Not every god can handle every god. There are hard counters for everyone. You just found yours, atleast when it came to mid 1v1; since you beat him up in team fights.
It's all about having fun.
~LostScarf

Smite videos and more (500+)
https://www.youtube.com/user/LostScarf

LostScarf

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 9, 2013 11:33am | Report
Well, Agni is a top tier mid while Anubis is somewhat of a joke at the competitive level. It shouldn't be too surprising that Agni has the edge.

The main thing you should keep in mind when facing him is that he needs to get close to clear before lvl 5. He has to stand in his own minions to hit the entire enemy wave, and using his dash is even more of a risk. Use this against him by punishing him every time he comes too close. Already at lvl 2 you can use Grasping Hands and stun him in it to get a few ticks off while damaging his wave. If he is stupid enough to dash through the wave over to your side a lvl 3 combo of Grasping Hands + Mummify + Plague of Locusts will hurt a ton. Basically, just do what you can to pound him while you have the chance, because he'll have the overwhelming advantage from lvl 5 onwards.

Also, switch lanes if possible. Between the solo short lane and mid there are two lanes you can stay in. If you're up against an opponent that hard counters you, try to switch with your teammate in the other lane.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 10, 2013 7:13am | Report
Maybe just surprise him with blink. Blink right in front of him and wrap him up.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 10, 2013 10:18am | Report
anubis is a hard counter to agni untill level 5.

agni can't push the lane with Path of Flames because anubis will just stun him and kill him or poke him down till very low.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 10, 2013 11:54am | Report
My theory is if you die before level 5 you are a nub.

Basically I am saying, don't worry Agni will reach level 5 before you ever get a kill unless its a nublet.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }