Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advice for a new player

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Advice for a new player 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dragonking564 » March 22, 2013 7:06pm | Report
I can definitely agree with that one Ragingstorm. Some people just can't seem to realize that it is a game, and there are more things out there then just that game. Also, all the advice given has helped my gameplay quite a bit, thanks everyone

dragonking564

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 22, 2013 8:41pm | Report
The best way to deal with rage is don't respond to it. Doesn't matter what that guy said about your mother. In fact, there is a very neat function called the Mute button on the scoreboard next to each player's name, which you can press at any time that person steps out of line. And then you don't have to hear another word out of them.

The only downside to doing this is that you also cannot hear any voice commands they issue out i.e. enemy missing calls.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 22, 2013 8:52pm | Report
Quoted:
The best way to deal with rage is don't respond to it. Doesn't matter what that guy said about your mother. In fact, there is a very neat function called the Mute button on the scoreboard next to each player's name, which you can press at any time that person steps out of line. And then you don't have to hear another word out of them.

The only downside to doing this is that you also cannot hear any voice commands they issue out i.e. enemy missing calls.

This. So much. Another player who understands the function of a mute button.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Yapper » March 30, 2013 6:56am | Report
Raging shows a distinct lack of maturity. Everyone has to learn and everyone makes mistakes. In my estimation, real competitors truly know this and keep their mouth shut and just try to play the game to the best of the their abilities. The greatest competitors know how to offer POSITIVE suggestions to the others around them. It's the fakers who take the position of "I know more than you, and I am going to hold you to my standard." Game competence, however high the form, does not grant someone entitlement; It certainly doesn't grant anyone the right to be nasty to the people around them.

I think the original poster should just hold his head up high. NO ONE is a master who is playing at level 8.

The blessed in this world are the people who are humble enough to learn.

Yapper

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 30, 2013 7:30am | Report
Oh my...for a second there, I thought you were talking about me...
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Yapper » March 30, 2013 7:55am | Report
Not my intention to apply my comments to any specific person or avatar. :)

Yapper

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » March 30, 2013 10:24pm | Report
hello there new player of SMITE :)
As I was butchered thousands of times during my 30 lvl caree by raging insults of retarted idiots and whining kids I will tell you this - just press mute button and save yourself from it
LMAO NO! Im only joking ...:DDDDDDDDD
Seriously if the "wild ****head" who starts ranting and becomes annoying as **** you can mute him thats good way but in order to avoid that you just have to put an effort not to : feed, assist enemy team, go totaly off teamwork etc...
yes I hear you its just a game but in my opinion 90% of players dont like feeders and unskilled.
The best you can do is play defencively,dont take risks if youre unceartain, lane with some xperienced veteran player (like myself LMAO :P -joke of course-) and do lot of practising and joust matches before you start some serious **** :D
Anyway hope I helped you little take my advices and I promise you wont make a mistake again :)

P.S. since you mentioned good old Anubi while he is extremely powerfull god you need a lot of skill for him since your entire game depends from hit of 1 plus hes squishy and no escape method so be carefull with him :)

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dragonking564 » April 8, 2013 7:19pm | Report

hello there new player of SMITE :)
As I was butchered thousands of times during my 30 lvl caree by raging insults of retarted idiots and whining kids I will tell you this - just press mute button and save yourself from it
LMAO NO! Im only joking ...:DDDDDDDDD
Seriously if the "wild ****head" who starts ranting and becomes annoying as **** you can mute him thats good way but in order to avoid that you just have to put an effort not to : feed, assist enemy team, go totaly off teamwork etc...
yes I hear you its just a game but in my opinion 90% of players dont like feeders and unskilled.
The best you can do is play defencively,dont take risks if youre unceartain, lane with some xperienced veteran player (like myself LMAO :P -joke of course-) and do lot of practising and joust matches before you start some serious **** :D
Anyway hope I helped you little take my advices and I promise you wont make a mistake again :)

P.S. since you mentioned good old Anubi while he is extremely powerfull god you need a lot of skill for him since your entire game depends from hit of 1 plus hes squishy and no escape method so be carefull with him :)

Thanks for the advice, I've been working on it, though I haven't been playing Smite for a while, as I have been playing a couple other MOBA's (LoL and DOTA 2). It's not always an easy genre to get into, since the learning curve for these games is pretty steep. It of course doesn't help when you have immature brats Caps Locking you to death, but I can understand where the rage comes from. Of course, if a person is still learning, then there is no reason to rage them out of the game, since even though they may not be doing well, it isn't their fault for inexperience, and players like that scare them away from trying to continue to play. Either way though, thanks for the advice, and I have learned my lesson as Anubis. I'm trying a couple new characters now.

Quoted:
Raging shows a distinct lack of maturity. Everyone has to learn and everyone makes mistakes. In my estimation, real competitors truly know this and keep their mouth shut and just try to play the game to the best of the their abilities. The greatest competitors know how to offer POSITIVE suggestions to the others around them. It's the fakers who take the position of "I know more than you, and I am going to hold you to my standard." Game competence, however high the form, does not grant someone entitlement; It certainly doesn't grant anyone the right to be nasty to the people around them.

I think the original poster should just hold his head up high. NO ONE is a master who is playing at level 8.

The blessed in this world are the people who are humble enough to learn.

I totally agree, as I said above. I've also managed to get to around level 11-12 last time I checked. And its also nice to hear someone out there is willing to admit that there is no way I could've been a master at the game at so low a level.

dragonking564

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rkraz3d » April 8, 2013 7:45pm | Report
Honestly I rage a lot, but thats only if the person who ****ed up doesnt learn from his mistakes. If you keep dying by the same exact ****, just stop doing it. Its simple. If someone starts raging at you for something besides that then, just mute.

Rkraz3d

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 9, 2013 4:17pm | Report
The number one bad thing that any player (new or otherwise) can do is to die. This is true in ALL MOBA'S. Dying is far and away the Worst thing you can do in these games. Every time you die you give the other player points. But worse, you have put your team down a player until you respawn. This often leads to a domino effect that quickly spirals out of control. If you think you can get a kill but would die anyway . . . then don't do it! A single kill is never worth putting your team down a man for any length of time. How many times have we seen someone overpursue in the arena only to be killed at the enemies base? Just don't do it.

Am I telling you not to team fight? Of course not. Dying in teamfights is expected. Do your best and try to win every time. But when it is just you out there, alone on the map? Then be more cautious. Hit your enemy but be aware of the minimap and STAY ALIVE.

Follow this advice and you will avoid the worst of the catcalls in game.

highvolts

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }