Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Separating Stances

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Database » Separating Stances 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 16, 2016 3:09pm | Report
I was wondering if there is a way to separate the stances abilities?

For example, Hel's Hinder / Cleanse or in Tyr's case where his abilities share the same name but add a way so that it separate the damage stance from the defense stance into two different abilities and icons just for BBCoding when someone wants to make a guide for a god with stances. I feel it will save time and would make it easier to understand what ability at what time or just so it looks nicer when it's displayed in a guide.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » March 16, 2016 3:10pm | Report
cleanse/hinder
nope, dosent work.

mowan pls

kaldr

R.I.P another dream
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 16, 2016 3:28pm | Report
Like Ducks was saying, make Kaldr, The Winter Wolf BBCoding shortened to Kaldr. Or what I said like having Tyr's Fearless separated into Fearless (Assault) and Fearless (Guard).

I feel small changes like these can make it easier on the guide creators on this site.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 17, 2016 3:22pm | Report
The kaldr change would be nice however for tyr's stances I don't really find it needed. changign it for Hel or [[ullr] is a different story. those ability's have another name.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 19, 2016 9:38am | Report
Devampi wrote:

The kaldr change would be nice however for tyr's stances I don't really find it needed. changign it for Hel or [[ullr] is a different story. those ability's have another name.

True that man.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 23, 2016 6:57pm | Report
Bladed Arrow
Thrown Axe
Expose Weakness
Invigorate
Hail of Arrows
Glory Bound
Wield Axes
Wield Bow

^ These already existed, but I updated their descriptions and changed their visibility so you can actually access the pages (they were deprecated before, and deprecated items/abilities currently lead to a 404 page).

Decay
Restoration
Hinder
Cleanse
Repulse
Inspire

^ Added.

There's only one sliiiiight problem....

As you can see, there are a lot of icons showing on the left now (top 4 = combined abilities, the 8 below that are the individual ones). We can work on hiding the ability icons of the individual abilities in the future (unless you guys actually prefer it this way), but at least for now you know these can be used in guides / on the forums.

An alternative approach would be to deprecate them again and fix the pages 404'ing, leaving the [[ ]] BBCode intact, but I'd like to add a "Removed" tag to deprecated items on SF in the future (similar to MF, ex: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/item/atmas-impaler-36) and that obviously wouldn't be a good combination.

Let me guys know if there are any other abilities you'd like me to add :)

Edit: Oh, and as for the "[[Kaldr]]" = Kaldr, The Winter Wolf idea, that's a bit more complicated and requires (way more) dev assistance. I'm open to suggestions on other aliases you'd like to see, but can't promise you'll see those in action any time soon.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » March 24, 2016 10:49am | Report
I like it. Sure it has its problems with Ullr's page for example, but I feel people will get the idea; not everyone on SF is brain dead you know.
Also R.I.P Kaldr; no tears, only dreams now.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }