Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Ares worth it ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Is Ares worth it ? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlackDragon1032 » March 11, 2016 8:43am | Report
Hi all !

First of all I love this community !
Secondly I have a question I really like playing as Ymir my main class is Guardians, but I also play as a warrior and hunter. At the moment I'm still looking for a mage ( this is for another topic).

Back to the topic I keep hearing that Ares is a bad buy for a guardian because he is squishy and is no good as a guardian. I wanted to know from other people here what they think about him.

Thanks for reading !
Semper Fidelis

BlackDragon1032

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 11, 2016 9:05am | Report
The nerf to beads in season 3 has served as a HUGE buff to Ares, so he's becoming a lot more popular than he used to be, this season.

I don't play him much, so I'm not sure how much less tanks he is, but I know that he can put out a lot of damage, for a guardian.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 11, 2016 9:11am | Report
But Cake remember that his form of initiation, blink is now gone too. Ares is worth it if you manage to ult groups of people without blink. His chains are more annoying now though.

He is not a bad guardian per say. He does more damage than any other guardian and is definitely not squishy, but his ult is considered a bead burner and his only real form of guardian "support" is his two.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 11, 2016 9:15am | Report
Oops forgot about the blink nerf.

Still I feel the beads nerf helps him more than the blink nerf hurts him.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 11, 2016 9:16am | Report
Kindve did, but Hi Rez also nerfed his ult stun. He is still worth it though if you manage those ults without the blink.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 11, 2016 12:17pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

Kindve did, but Hi Rez also nerfed his ult stun. He is still worth it though if you manage those ults without the blink.

Ive learnt the hard way not to underestimate the power of a walk-up Ares ult...

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlackDragon1032 » March 11, 2016 1:02pm | Report
Well isn't supporting the team the main job of a Guardian ? Next to holding the line ?
Ares has decent ranged abilities for a Guardian, I mean look at Ymir he has a couple of ranged abilities like his freeze and ice spike.
Semper Fidelis

BlackDragon1032

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 11, 2016 1:07pm | Report
I didnt say that, I meant to say his only real support ability is his 2, which gives protections. His 1 slows and cripples enemies and his 3 is a basic DoT. That doesnt mean they cant just walk up to his allies and kill them.

Guardians are supposed to have very good cc, easy to hit as well. His chains really arent easy to hit (all the time). He is more of a warrior then a guardian.

You can check out Stukes Ares guide if you want. He is right at the top.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BlackDragon1032 » March 11, 2016 1:37pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:

I didnt say that, I meant to say his only real support ability is his 2, which gives protections. His 1 slows and cripples enemies and his 3 is a basic DoT. That doesnt mean they cant just walk up to his allies and kill them.

Guardians are supposed to have very good cc, easy to hit as well. His chains really arent easy to hit (all the time). He is more of a warrior then a guardian.

You can check out Stukes Ares guide if you want. He is right at the top.

I didn't try to attack you mate , if I did sorry about that.
Semper Fidelis

BlackDragon1032

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » March 11, 2016 1:43pm | Report
Nah dont worry bout it. Didnt mean it that way. Hopefully you get the gist of it though.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }