Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Defensive Cleansing Changes Poll

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Defensive Cleansing Changes Poll 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

How would you like to see the defensive cleansing chapter of my Hel guide?
No changes to its format
Equalization of all portrait sizing, relying on color scheming to distinguish threat-level
A change from alphabetized lists to a tier list of sorts.
Other
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 3, 2014 11:21pm | Report
Out of everything I should do, I think the defensive cleansing section needs the most work. It's actually what I'm most proud of in any of my guides, but I'm much more experienced now than when I first started that I'm sure I can greatly improve it.

Fun fact: when I first published the guide, there was no color scheme, no BBCoding, and gods were not in alphabetical order.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 4, 2014 12:11am | Report
I'd like to see some consistency in the sizes, but maybe that's just my order-obsessed side speaking.

(And I still stand by my opinion that expanding it to a general counterplay section would be best.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 4, 2014 12:17am | Report
I'll be adding a counterplay as a separate section. I want to make sure it's understood that cleansing is one of the most important aspects of Hel, so I don't want that section to be general counterplay (although I'm aware I did that for a few of the gods).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 4, 2014 9:56am | Report
Gah, one of each?! What am I supposed to do?!

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 4, 2014 4:48pm | Report
PEOPLE WHO SEE THIS: VOTE ON THIS POLL OR ELSE! TT NEEDS DATA!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 4, 2014 9:18pm | Report
Okay, so I decided to finally equalize the dimensions of every icon. Please tell me if they should be smaller, larger, or if they're just right.

I also intend to dedicate another chapter to defensive cleansing, just in a tiered format. Don't worry, it won't take up much space as it will use spoiler tags like my Arena guide. In fact, the format is almost exactly the same as the tier list in that guide. Here's an example (without use of spoiler tags since I don't have any information in it yet):

"This is only updated to the Nu Wa patch. Please let me know of any outdated information.

Cleanse only lasts half a second at rank 1, meaning that unless you're protastic like me, it should be saved for after an enemy lands CC on a teammate to prevent chain CC's or simply reducing its duration.

However, best use of cleanse is through preemptive cleansing. While it is riskier due to the fact that it could be put on cooldown and counter no CC, it is a lot more effective than removing CC that has already been placed. This is especially true for any gods that cast channeled spells. If they cast them and are CC'd, the spells will be put on cooldown and give no benefit. Cleansing right before they are targetted by CC will ensure that their channel will not end.

By rank 5, it has a 1.3 second duration. Not amazing, but it's enough for you to preemptively use it so that Ymir's Frost Breath doesn't even make your team stutter, or to provide you or your teammates with CC immunity for a duration long enough to escape Hades's Pillar of Agony.

Different spells have varying levels of CC duration and effect, affecting how dangerous it/they can be. Generally, tanks and bruisers will provide the CC, while magi, hunters, and assassins will provide the damage. This list will be gradated on how potentially dangerous the CC in a god's arsenal can be. Remember, though, that it can be more important to cleanse less intimidating CC if the follow-up potential is stronger; there's no need to cleanse a Ymir's Frost Breath if none of his allies are around (provided your teammates aren't near death).

Extremely High CC Gods

BLAHBLAHBLAH

High CC Gods

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Medium CC Gods

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Low CC Gods

BLAHBLAHBLAH

"CC? What's That?" Gods

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Please keep in mind the width of guides and comments are different, and that I will add coding and whatnot.

I will also be adding a small counterplay section in the future. Do you think the title "Stranded - wat do?" is reasonably recognizable, or should I forgo (attempted) humor in favor of clarity? I don't think it's a heavy priority as you won't often be 1v1'ing in Arena, but it does happen, so I will add it.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 4, 2014 10:04pm | Report
I think "Stranded - blah blah" is a bit too obscure. Heck, I didn't know what it was until I reread.

For some reason, the tiered section reminds me of the Reading Rainbow. As for the icon size, I think they could be slightly bigger*, but now is fine too.

*Not sure why, I think I just like seeing more detail on the pretty pictures.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 4, 2014 10:06pm | Report
Well, it's "Stranded - wat do?" but I guess you're right. :P Perhaps I shall simply make it "Stranded in the Arena - counterplay." I want to stress that you shouldn't try to 1v1 these people, lol, and Arena is about teamfights anyways.

Edited dimensions of the icons to 70, and I'm happy with it. Going to work on everything else later.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }