Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

CAN WE PLEASE ADD A RESTRICTION TO "GUIDES"??

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » CAN WE PLEASE ADD A RESTRICTION TO "GUIDES"?? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 18, 2013 12:37pm | Report
It just makes me sad to look at the lvl of uninformative and rather idiotic "guides", that IMO never should have seen the light of day that is being put out on the site.

I know it can come of as being a bit douchey, but wow! There is so much **** being put out and it really sucks to have to read through all the bad stuff to find a good guide.

I got a few ideas that can maybe help out.

Make it so that a guide can't be published before it is gone through and accepted by certain ppl (I would say those who actually put time into making builds JararoNatsu, RazeMage, TheAmazingComicBookGuy, Raventhor etc. just to mention some).

Everyone that cares start to report guides that you feel are bad (have gotten a few guides removed myself). And it should be enough that a guide is down right stupid for it to be removed (can't remember what it was I reported, but was something as stupid as Kali tank or WE. At least they wouldn't remove it because they had written more than just a build with items. For Christs sake you don't make a guide for lets say Eset and all you mention is how to best play her as a tank, add it as a chapter or something as a fun thing you can do if are just out for trolling around with some friends).

Remove guides or make guides with a set amount of downvotes compared to upvotes (I would say under 75 percent upvotes, this would ofc just take fact after like 10+ votes) invisible, so you would have to get a link to it or go through the editors page to find it. And guides with only downvotes should be removed.

I know this might be a bit ragey, but at least I get depressed about how bad some of the guides are and it makes me less interested in contributing myself with making guides etc. Not sure how you guys feel about it, but yeah... give some input on the matter and try to get up with something that could work :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » October 18, 2013 2:21pm | Report
I don't think that it would be necessary to REMOVE guides just because someone (or some people) happens to find them to be bad in any way. If you don't like the guide, simply give it a down-vote. I'm pretty sure that guides that reach 1 out of 5 bars gets removed though, at least I haven't seen them in a while.

Also please don't judge troll guides from a competitive aspect, as they exist only for straight up amusement, and they should of course never be compared to serious guides that exist to teach serious players. It's like if you would compare Battlefield 4 with a war in real life for example, it just makes you look very silly.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 18, 2013 4:22pm | Report
Piederman wrote:

Also please don't judge troll guides from a competitive aspect, as they exist only for straight up amusement, and they should of course never be compared to serious guides that exist to teach serious players.

Of curse I don't demand that all guides should be with a competitive aspect, for example I've seen a good deal of good arena guides with a lot of depth. But when it comes to troll guides I think there is a huge difference from a guide with good information though in a trolly kind of way and a guide that is completely and utterly troll.

And yes I know I might be over exaggerating a bit.
Though I know a lot of players that will throw you to the wolves just by mentioning Smitefire (mostly due to the stuff I touched in the thread). Of curse there is Tiermonster, but I think it's sad that Smitefire got such a bad rep because I really like the site and all the ppl on here. And I really think that cleaning up in the guidepool a little would help.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 18, 2013 4:57pm | Report
D'aww I feel special being mentioned! But I do believe this is a relatively good idea. I don't find bad guides necessary to be removed, but I do believe there should be a way to filter first-day guides that are horrific.

Anyone should be able to see a downright horrible guide, and give advice (if it's hidden you can't easily get suggestions), but they shouldn't have to figure out if a first day guide is good or not. I'm not sure how to do this off the top of my head, however.

I think the requiring of a moderator or such to approve a first day guide would be a good idea, however, since most high-rank people will be on smitefire on the first day of a god release anyway to see what's going on. This way, only good guides get published for a few days (And not empty, or worse, actively bad guides), until a 'cooldown' period has passed (maybe a few days).
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 18, 2013 5:47pm | Report
Yeah I think the best and easiest way to do it would be for the moderators to pick a handful of ppl that of curse are willing to use their spare time to do so to be in charge of accepting guides for publishing.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }