Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

BBCode General

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » BBCode General 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » August 29, 2020 5:43pm | Report
S7evin424 wrote:

What's the code for the items and skill abilities you pick in order? I checked out the template they recommend but it doesn't have any of the newer stuff you guys use.

Can you elaborate? I'm not quite certain what you mean. Are you referring to when we mention an item highlighted like Breastplate of Valor or a skill like Storm Call?

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » August 29, 2020 6:35pm | Report
It's the ability tree that shows you which levels you should get which abilities. It looks like

Ability 1-1......4
Ability 2 ..2
Ability 3.....3
Ultimate ..........5

Nevermind about the items I think someone already asked how to make the Starter/Core/Situational item order BBcode I think. I guess what I'm asking is if there's a newer template for builds? I see the template for guides that show you each individual ability and what it does, but I can't find a template for builds. The ones with the item suggestion build order, ability order and all that without the clutter.

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 29, 2020 7:45pm | Report
That's not part of the template. When you create a guide, you're given the option to put in the skill points and items by clicking on the "add build" button.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » August 29, 2020 8:22pm | Report
Ah okay

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 30, 2020 12:56am | Report
Let us know if you have any more questions.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » August 30, 2020 2:51am | Report
S7evin424 wrote:

It's the ability tree that shows you which levels you should get which abilities. It looks like

Ability 1-1......4
Ability 2 ..2
Ability 3.....3
Ultimate ..........5

Nevermind about the items I think someone already asked how to make the Starter/Core/Situational item order BBcode I think. I guess what I'm asking is if there's a newer template for builds? I see the template for guides that show you each individual ability and what it does, but I can't find a template for builds. The ones with the item suggestion build order, ability order and all that without the clutter.

Right from the jist I've got from your message it seems you are under the impression that everything in a build is BBcode. When you create a guide and pick a god for it to be about you can put items into a purchase order; you click on each one, one by one and they will be added from top to bottom as the items you have selected. For example the first purchase order you would name "Starter" and click the items for a blessing and potions maybe. Then the next purchase order "Main Build" and click the items in order to add to that; bear in mind that you can search these items up in the search bar just below.

Similar thing for the skill leveling, right next to the purchase order box you click "skill leveling" and it will show the 4 abilities for that god and you just tick the boxes for which skill at each level; bear in mind again that you must make sure to keep skill leveling (and item building for that matter) not impossible, otherwise it could result in your build being archived.

The next tab along is for threats where you can search up a god that counters your god and explain how the match up is. Aside from that, all of the text in your notes and each chapter, is where you use BBcode. If you need any other help just ask!

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by S7evin424 » August 31, 2020 12:47pm | Report
Thank you very much for the help, I got confused cause I couldn't find the tabs for all the common build stuff. I totally thought everything was BBcode. I finally decided to grow a pair and start working on my guide. And just as badly as my dyslexia caused me to fail to notice the obvious tabs that said skill/items and all that, I also hit publish instead of view so it's out there... just have to figure out how to get rid of the tags. Thanks for the codes it's the only part of my build that looks pretty.

S7evin424

Notable (2)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }