This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Mighty Thor, as famous as he is bold, is God of the thundering sky. Yet his hammer, Mjolnir, is nearly as famous as he is, and Thor will not be parted from it.
Odin, the All-Father, bore many children, but none as well known nor as mighty as Thor, who had the strength to move mountains, and the power to call lightning from the sky. Despite these incredible gifts, Thor's enemies were cunning, bloodthirsty and numerous. The Frost Giants constantly threatened to invade Asgard, requiring every ounce of Thor's near limitless strength just to keep them at bay. Had the tide truly turned, Asgard might have been destroyed, but a simple prank played by the treacherous Loki ended with the creation of Mjolnir, the legendary hammer, and with it, Thor utterly crushed the Frost Giants.
Sif, Thor's wife, had hair like rays of sun through a cloudy sky, and Loki, being covetous, secretly sheared it off while she slept. Mad with fury, Thor demanded Loki to fix this. So, Loki went to the dwarves of Ivaldi who forged a golden crown that would grow equally golden hair, a spear that never missed its mark, and a ship that would never sink. Proud of his treasures, Loki returned to Thor and the other Gods, gave the crown to Sif, then bragged that no greater items could be forged.
The dwarf Brokk took offense to this and claimed that his brother could do better. Loki bet his head that he could not. So, Brokk and his brother forged three items, a ring that made a duplicate every nine days, a golden pig that could fly and swim, and the hammer, Mjolnir, with the power to shatter mountains. As each item was forged, Brokk was bitten fiercely by a fly, yet only on the third did he flinch, causing the short handle on the hammer. When they were done, the dwarves took their artifacts before the Gods and decried Loki's fly disguise. All Gods agreed that Brokk and his brother had forged greater items. Loki, ever cunning, declared his neck was not part of the bargain, denying them his head.
Mjolnir went to Thor to battle the Frost Giants. Proud and mighty, Thor beat back the evil horde and continues to defend Asgard to this day. With Mjolnir in hand, Thor is an unstoppable force that even other Gods would do well to avoid.
- This is a great starter item for all melee. It will allow you to farm up close while taking less damage from enemies.
- [These are great for a melee damage dealer. The physical penetration is great plus you get all the needed stats early game./color]
This item is essential on Thor. With his stun and ultimate, basic attacks will reduce the enemies movement speed. This is a great item to have on any melee bruiser. The physical power and health also go great on this god
- Self Explanatory...Power + Protection + Reduced enemy protection.
- This item is debatable to get, depending on where you lane, you might not be getting all the minion kills you need to make this worth while.
- This is your secret weapon against Physical Power gods. A bunch of health and protection and a slow to them when you get attacked. Build this if you are going against a heavy physical team.
- Build this if you are against a heavy magical damage team. The protections are good and the shield is even better.
- Getting minion kills can be very mana intensive on a bruiser. This ability will allow you to farm more and go back home less.
- Chase em down / or run away
Warrior's Madness (Passive) - Thor gains 20 physical power for each enemy god within 30 feet. Stacks up to 3 times
Extra physical power is always nice, more enemies = more power.
- Thor throws Mjolnir forward, doing 50/90/130/170/210 (+30% of your physical power) physical damage to all enemies in its path outward and half that damage on its way back. Enemy gods hit by the throw take double damage if hit on the return as well. While the hammer is flying, pressing the button again will teleport Thor to his hammer.
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
This skill is the most used skill on Thor. Use it to for initiation. It can get you in and get you out if your ultimate is on cooldown. If you don't have meditation, use this wisely because it is a mana drainer.
- Thor slams his hammer on the ground, causing a fissure to appear in front of him, instantly slowing enemies by 20/25/30/35/40% for 3s. One second after the slam, spikes erupt from the fissure causing blocking movement for 4s.
Cost: 75 mana.
This skill is a nice stun and a small wall (like Ymir's). Place it between an enemy and your teammate for a nice block and stun.
- Thor spins his hammer around him, doing 20/40/60/80/100 (+25% of your physical power) physical damage every .4s for 2s. Thor is immune to knockup and slows for the duration.
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
This is Thor's main source of damage. Once you have landed your stun or ultimate, use this ability to damage in an aoe spin.
- After a short buildup, Thor leaps into the air. While in the air, Thor can target a great distance away to come crashing down in the area, dealing 150/200/250/300/350 (+120% of your physical power) physical damage and stunning all enemies in the radius for 1.5s.
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana.
This is a really good gap closer and in certain cases, a great escape macanism. But beware of the buildup cast time. There is also a short delay when you zoom back down.
Although this is not a jungle guide, it is always helpful to roam when necessary and grab buffs on the way. Above is the locations of the jungle mobs.
Things to keep in mind while playing Thor.
* Unless you are building tank, don't rush in recklessly
* Use Thor's Stun and gap closers efficiently
* Be careful early game, its pretty rough
* Take advantage of his high mobility!!
* Get fed. Win.
1. Physical Power
2. Physical Protection/Health/Magical Protection
3. Critical Strike/Lifesteal
4. Anything else last
Ranked Thor Gameplay by Drybear. Although his skill level is different from my own, this video shows the overall Thor gameplay.
Hope you enjoyed this guide and I hope you enjoy Thor!
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved