This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
I have added a tank build for ymir, you might want to check it out, as in most of the cases it's better ( but less fun ;P )
Welcome to my little guide on Ymir.
It's a post 21.12.12 patch build, so the item descriptions here and in smite are different.
It will introduce you to the basic aspects of
-Can do decent damage, but is tanky at the same time
-Great CC with his Ice Wall and Frost Breath
-Good initiator ( Ice Wall, Frost Breath)
-His passive Frostbite makes him extremely dangerous early in the game
-his skills (mainly his ult) are hard to aim
-no jump/dash ( BUT HE HAS WALLS!)
-lets skip this part
I'll be explaining some item choices here:
- reinforced boots Basic magical and physical protection and SPEEEED
- Sovereignty gives Hp, Physical (and magical) protection + FOCUS
REALLY NICE Makes you basically invincible vs AD gods early game
- Void Stone gives you magical protection, magical power, magical penetration and FOCUS
Now you're invincible (at least for the moment ). Also gives necessary magical power and pierces trough opponents basic magical protection
- Bancrofts Talon This is where the magic starts. It Grants 100 magical power and 12% magical lifesteal, which is great (you need as much raw power as you can get), BUT THIS IS NOT ALL. It also has a great passive which Gives you 1 magical power for each 1% hp you have lost
It can Give you up to 199 magical power! Really useful, mainly because your tanky, so even with half full hp you're still safe, but also because you will often be focused in teamfights,
so you will loose hp before the ult goes off.
- Rod of Tahuti MOOOORE POOOWEEERR together with Bancrofts Talon your main source of magical power
- LAST ITEM this can be anything from the finishing items above , depending on the situation. If you pick up an item with no FOCUS be sure to get some in the STATS window asap. Makes your stuns and slows more powerfull.
Ymir works best with an AD or AP carry which has a stun, like loki, anubis, anhur, or even arachne, or a good pusher (ra, Anubis, hel).
You can deal decent damage, but it's almost impossible to kill without your partner. PROTECT HIM AT ALL COSTS, YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE
In team fights try to initiate by cutting off one enemy with your wall and then stunning him.
If Arachne jumps on one of your allies, stun her of him.
CREEPING CURSE, 'NUFF SAID
-While escaping try to put your wall directly under you, as , cause of the delay, it will appear behind you, cutting off your pursuers. DOES NOT WORK WHEN YOU'RE SLOWED.
-Try to start team fights in the jungle, where your walls and ult are most effective.
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved