This is my first guide I've created, so please bare this in mind. I created this guide as I find my item selection can be completely different from other character guides I have read. This is probably mostly due to my play style. I have played smite off and on for years, and am experienced with using Guan Yu. He was my very first character to ever use.
My favorite characters are Guan Yu, Xing Tian, Poseidon, and Medusa.
I feel this area is important, if you don't have the same play style as myself this set might not work for you. I always highly encourage people to customize their characters to not only increase their gods strengths but also your own.
With Guan Yu I heavily harass the players. This strongly depends on what map I am playing, but I'm generally up and center. This build allows me to take a huge amount of damage while dishing it out.
- Light harass tactics, strong engages when enemies are weak.
- Dip in with Warriors Will and slice them up with Taolu, healing as you pull back
- Returning to base a lot, harassing uses mana, sadly we are good on health only
- Constantly heal teammates, when I push I heal constantly encouraging allies to follow
- Heavy harass tactics, by this point you can hit hard and your cool downs are fast.
- After returning to mana up, flank from left or right picking off archers or mages
- I tend to save my Warriors Will to dip out. At this point players are angry with you and the entire team tends you target you.
- All out war, healing constantly, pushing hard with teammates.
- By now people tend to stay away, I can get carried away at this point, chasing enemies right to their borders alone. Only to be pursed by 3-4 gods yet make it back due to my healing/ warriors will/ aegis/ beads/ mantle of discord and high dmg resistance.
- Hopefully by now your team is working together and realizing you can tank and kill.
Guan Yu is an extremely versatile character. Don't pursue kills early game, mid game be bold and sneaky, late game remember you are not immortal.
Guides only work within reason, if you are against only magic characters clearly this wouldn't work. This guide is also tailored towards all other maps *BUT* conquest. Conquest really needs to be tailored to what you are up against.
This build plays best with 1 other tank god to also take hits.
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments