Vote received! Would you like to let the author know their guide helped you and leave them a message?
[*] Death's Toll is critical to survivability
[*] I keep the shield mainly for counter rush when I pig
[*] Building the Wind Demon first Takes Artemis from being a "slow build glass cannon" to being instantly relevant DPS.
Why make this build? (It's my first time, be gentle and try to make it special.)
[*] I love Artemis and Arena and Artemis can *slay* in the arena
[*] Most builds are for conquest where Artemis is meh or outright irrelevant
[*] This is disrespectful to a very fun god
[*] This was the first god I 'tuned' items and abilities specific to me
[*] Death's Toll is basically non-negotiable for survivability IMO. I rarely see the Death's Embrace before the match ends.
[*] Wind Demon - I've never seen a build for her that starts with Wind Demon (I haven't looked extensively) obviously most times that Wind Demon can be used interchangeably with Shadowsteel Shuriken but I feel like the penetration and attack speed boost on the WD's passive end up vastly outweighing the raw stat boost of SSS. Getting some kind of Crit. Chance% at the very start is the difference in whether she's being carried all game or if the sound of her bow strikes fear.
[*] Ichiaval - WAY BETTER THAN ODYSSEUS BOW FOR PK. Ody's Bow is for if you want to play backfield
[*] Atalanta's Bow - The extra Lifesteal + Crit chance at this point in the match is critical for keeping her relevant and alive. I had the Asi here for a long time but realistically if Art is below 35% health at midgame, she's probably dead. The passive on the AB can make you the backbone of a push that easily becomes deicide, and the speed can get you away.
[*] Fail-Not - The newest addition to my build took the place of Shadowsteel Shuriken. Holy hell. The cooldown reduction makes a huge difference at this point and having a 3 to start the engagement and another 3 ready to clean-up or slow escapees after will make a huge difference in the number of finishes you get.
[*] Silverbranch Bow - The icing. Suddenly that passive all the way back from the WD matters. All the attack speed and crit chance makes this a normal end-game Artemis build. The highlights for those that don't play her a lot:
- The attack speed of this build is 2.18 base, but the wind demon is almost always proc'd. once the silverbranch bow is built, hitting your 2 makes you a damage monster. Obviously getting the speed buff increases this as does proccing the Atalanta. Many builds go for max base attack speed.
- The crit chance% is high. On top of the crazy damage math, you'll be Critting like crazy.
Why is my build different-ish?
- No Asi, No Qin's Sai's - The QS make an excellent choice for Artemis in many builds. I think its more relevant to being a carry in a duo lane where you will face 1v1 and 2v2 regularly and need to melt a tank to live. That isn't this build.
- Not lifesteal heavy - Same reason as above. Devourers gauntlet makes sense laning and fighting duo lane, but relying on laning for stacks in arena can be tough, there are 5 gods on the same lane.
- Built for relevance and murder throughout an Arena match, not just end-game cannon fire
[*] 3 and 1 and 3 and 1 and 3 and 1
- Some people use the CC trap for escapees after a pig. I prefer to fill the center area with traps at all times. Lay them under the tanks feet, it can stop a push before it starts or catch a runner.
- ***Use the 3 all the time*** Slowing enemies and constantly poking damage is a no-brainer. Its also a perfect ability to lane. ***This is 1/2 of Artemis' job***
[*] The trap behind the wall
- WAIT on the 4. The first push can be handled by the team, be sure you are filling the area behind the tank with traps and poking with the 3.
- When they counterpush and the tank falls back: HODOR! keep firing at pursuers with the 3.
- When they pass the traps you've laid, Hit your 4. Hopefully the team is ready. If no one comes over the top with blast damage, fall back. The pig will give the team valuable time to escape. but if you have either Blast or secondary CC teammates that hit with you, hit your 2 and push. Watch for anyone CC'd as you do 30% more damage to them. Hopefully the team will be behind you, Hopefully they will hit a trap. If you can get a kill beware that your speed boost will mean your push is much faster than others. use the extra speed laterally to evade attacks - you have to - and don't outpush the team. Artemis is still squishy as hell.
[*] Damage for all, all the time
- The use of raw penetration vs a passive like Qin Sai's makes this build cut through midgame protections that the tanks may be building. The QS shreds high HP tanks but Penetration shreds the 4 other squishies standing in the tank's Sovereignty aura.
- Crit chance early game owns with Artemis because of her innately high Attack speed. Many builds use a Crusher first. The Crusher gets me Assists, the Crits get me kills.
This is all based off my personal experience.
Your K/D or Fun/Min may vary
Have fun and tell me why its awesome or sucks
You need to log in before commenting.
Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved