This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
So I just got legendary Ares and thought it was about time to educate everyone on the 'God of War'
Just remember ares passive is key, 30 magical power per aura item = insane magical bruiser, remember! Ares is not the best tank so better to build him as a tanky magical bruiser.
As with any tank start with MOTD and Eye of Provinence. Despite the nerf on eye I still think its better than constantly buying wards. I wouldn't buy Watchers Gift with Ares because he is a bit squishy early game.
Sovereignty is a must with any lane tank because of the aura to the team mate. Ares passive makes it even more attractive.
Voidstone next because of it gives you a decent amount of magical protection along with 80 magical power, now the fun really begins!
Pythagorem's Piece is a beautiful item on Ares. The lifesteal that you get through your Shackles and Searing Flesh makes you last that bit longer in teamfights.
After Pythagorem's feel free to investigate into Ares late game items, I would recommend Rod of Tahuti is your team is doing well and you want some kills or if you need to be more of a tanky character Pestillence or Mystical mark. Btw, Poly on Ares can always ensure a fun time is had.
1. If you do not land the Shackles then do not engage any further
2. Once one Shackle has landed make sure fire more chains at the target. Also, because Shackles can be fired after one has landed you can make use of a slow enemy (i.e. a tank) to be a gateway for firing a Shackle at a mage or adc.
3. Searing Flesh early game is useless. Don't waste mana using Searing Flesh on minions, let your lane partner clear the minions.
4. Whenever you successfully land your Shackles on an enemy turn on your Searing Flesh, this hits a percentage of a God's health so can do a lot of damage late game.
5. Use Bolster Defenses on minions when pushing towers. It is also useful to reduce crowd control effects on you and team mates around you (use it when anyone gets stunned).
6. Leave your Ult for ganks. This rule can be broken if you have a strong team mate i.e. cupid that can ult on top of your ult. However, No Escape is best used when their jungler or mid ganks you in lane and it stops your teamate dying or you kill all tree of them (killing all three is the best option).
7. Blink is beautiful. Later game when roaming blinking through walls into your ult can secure a huge amount of kills. Make sure you do this all the time.
8. Focus on enemy gods that havent bought beads.
9. Most of all have fun! Ares can be a very rewarding god to play.
You need to log in before commenting.
[-] Collapse All Comments
SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved