Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smitten's How To Fail series!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Smitten's How To Fail series! 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 20, 2013 7:09pm | Report
I think you might be a little bitter Animus. Part of the reason I feel they like Smitten's videos are due to the fact that they are well made, organized, and have a nice comedic touch. It doesn't hurt that she has an awesome voice, but that is definitely not the only reason Hi-Rez spread her videos.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 20, 2013 10:51pm | Report
lol if you hadn't noticed, I was ranting of jealusy XD

but it still remains that of all the people hirez promoted 90% of those guys ware US Q.Q
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GankFirstGaming » March 22, 2013 12:39pm | Report

Hye gankfirstgaming

you make some nice videos
but Hirez is just complete **** because of your reddit post
I mean they just shared your channel because you're a girl.....

I know more channels who have been putting a lot of time and effort in their vids an hirez hasn't even seen them or cared about them

and you just get shared after 2 secs.....

Well thats just bs --"

and I know you can't do a thing about it (its hirez fault)

Hey Animusliberus!

This is SoapBox, the other half of the team at Gank First Gaming. I know it may seem like that, and our BIGGEST goal is helping to build and develop the SMITE community into a robust and thriving environment that will really help maintain and grow the player base.

So I figured I'd share a little bit of our secret with you! HiRez didn't get notice of us through our Reddit posts, as was said to GreedoShotKennedy in our first post on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1ahq6p/opinions_about_female_casters/

Specifically this post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1ahq6p/opinions_about_female_casters/c8z1579

Smitten laid out how we did what we did when he said that we used the reddit page to get visability and used the female thing to really snag people's attention.

Quoted:
Any research done on sales or business start ups will tell you that networking is what you do if you want to grow, so if my intention with this post was to get new viewers, I picked one of the least efficient options available, and from my experience, the research on the topic has proven correct.

So here's what really happened. We were directed to a post on reddit about a site called Smiteboss.com was just launching and looking for content providers. So we e-mailed Sockless, and he responded with:

Quoted:
Hello,

I absolutely loved the videos. My fiance kept giving me funny looks as I was yelling "Why would you do that!?" I've actually been working to develop a tutorial series that I think you'd be perfect for. I also think I could use you for some other voice over work. I've responded to about 100 emails today and you by far have been my favorite - both informative and hilarious. In other words... I'd love to work with you guys.

Turns out, he's done some work with HiRez and showed our stuff to the Community Manager HiRez duke, who loved it so much he featured it. So, I won't stop there, I'll actually tell you WHY he featured it, because we and Duke both really want to build the community.

Pretty much what Duke told us and what he's looking for in my words:

1) If you want to get featured, you need to show that you're interested in building lasting relationships with community, not just trying to get your stuff out there so you can collect subscribers/views.

2) Quoting HiRez Duke:

Quoted:
People who make good, clean content are special and important for building the community.

3) Show genuine interest in building the community! (See how its listed three times? lol) The awesome folks at HiRez are super busy and if you're active in the community you'll get noticed by someone eventually and they'll pass you on to HiRez.

Gank First Gaming is actively looking to collaborate with community content producers in the coming weeks and months prior to and after the release of the game to achieve the goal of community development.

When things start to settle down we'll have much more time to do so, and we're already reading over reddit to find good people doing things we think would make a good fit. HiRezDuke is a busy man and can't spend the time browsing youtube for the great producers out there that aren't just casting/streaming/posting their game play videos.

So we're going to help direct people to him as we can. Again, we're super busy at the moment but we've got some things in the work that will help take the workload off of us, so we can really focus on what we want.

TL:DR

Get some ADD medication and read it!

lol if you hadn't noticed, I was ranting of jealusy XD

No need to be jealous! Network! Find like minded people and surround yourself with those that have the same goals and go-getter attitude you do. Don't be afraid to just ask for something you want from someone, get what's called an "elevator pitch", something you can give to someone that describes what your idea is about and how it can benefit the person you're talking to in a paragraph or less. Think of it like you're in an elevator with Bill Gates and he wants to hear about the idea you have and you have until the elevator stops to interest him.

Go read up on some blogs of how to be a successful content creator, study up on how to handle your new venture by researching how to reach an audience. Never be afraid of negative feedback, just try to learn how to get your critics to give it to you in a constructive manner, which can be difficult.

Also, don't be discouraged by closed doors, you know how many "doors" we've had bloody our proverbial noses with a quickness this week? Just don't burn those bridges because later those people may see you again and realize they might have missed out on something, and collaboration at that time can still be beneficial. The more people you have in your black book the better, so make sure all your dealings with people are fair and mutually beneficial.

So, I just went off on this huge rant and I hope I gave out something useful in it. Like I said, we're actively looking for collaboration but we're on a very limited time schedule at the moment, so if you message us and we don't get back to you, know that we've read it, wrote it down and have you on our "to-do-list" (as terrible as that sounds, I don't mean it like that).

These are just some of the things I've learned prior to creating the channel and from a week of maintaining it, so I'm by no means an expert, just relaying our experience.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck!
-SoapBox
<3

-Smitten
Gank First Gaming

GankFirstGaming

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 22, 2013 2:16pm | Report

Hey Animusliberus!

This is SoapBox, the other half of the team at Gank First Gaming. I know it may seem like that, and our BIGGEST goal is helping to build and develop the SMITE community into a robust and thriving environment that will really help maintain and grow the player base.

So I figured I'd share a little bit of our secret with you! HiRez didn't get notice of us through our Reddit posts, as was said to GreedoShotKennedy in our first post on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1ahq6p/opinions_about_female_casters/

Specifically this post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1ahq6p/opinions_about_female_casters/c8z1579

Smitten laid out how we did what we did when he said that we used the reddit page to get visability and used the female thing to really snag people's attention.

So here's what really happened. We were directed to a post on reddit about a site called Smiteboss.com was just launching and looking for content providers. So we e-mailed Sockless, and he responded with:

I talked to him too....
I really can't believe this dude,
He wants his site to grow but the site right now is in its early beta stages at most. it still has so much back work to do... yet wants to be the biggest around. yes having him live 5 feet from hirez helps but why did he release it alread? his servers are way not powerfull enough but yeah...

Turns out, he's done some work with HiRez and showed our stuff to the Community Manager HiRez duke, who loved it so much he featured it. So, I won't stop there, I'll actually tell you WHY he featured it, because we and Duke both really want to build the community.

Pretty much what Duke told us and what he's looking for in my words:

1) If you want to get featured, you need to show that you're interested in building lasting relationships with community, not just trying to get your stuff out there so you can collect subscribers/views.

2) Quoting HiRez Duke:

3) Show genuine interest in building the community! (See how its listed three times? lol) The awesome folks at HiRez are super busy and if you're active in the community you'll get noticed by someone eventually and they'll pass you on to HiRez.

thats all I've been doing on 4 different sites and my youtube and Twitch.....
I even talked to duke, yet never got such a promotion.

Gank First Gaming is actively looking to collaborate with community content producers in the coming weeks and months prior to and after the release of the game to achieve the goal of community development.

Well I'd want to help out, I'm a long time smite caster and yeah a lot more as stated above...

When things start to settle down we'll have much more time to do so, and we're already reading over reddit to find good people doing things we think would make a good fit. HiRezDuke is a busy man and can't spend the time browsing youtube for the great producers out there that aren't just casting/streaming/posting their game play videos.

So we're going to help direct people to him as we can. Again, we're super busy at the moment but we've got some things in the work that will help take the workload off of us, so we can really focus on what we want.

I have ADD, that was offencive jk

I laughed when reading this

No need to be jealous! Network! Find like minded people and surround yourself with those that have the same goals and go-getter attitude you do. Don't be afraid to just ask for something you want from someone, get what's called an "elevator pitch", something you can give to someone that describes what your idea is about and how it can benefit the person you're talking to in a paragraph or less. Think of it like you're in an elevator with Bill Gates and he wants to hear about the idea you have and you have until the elevator stops to interest him.

Go read up on some blogs of how to be a successful content creator, study up on how to handle your new venture by researching how to reach an audience. Never be afraid of negative feedback, just try to learn how to get your critics to give it to you in a constructive manner, which can be difficult.

Also, don't be discouraged by closed doors, you know how many "doors" we've had bloody our proverbial noses with a quickness this week? Just don't burn those bridges because later those people may see you again and realize they might have missed out on something, and collaboration at that time can still be beneficial. The more people you have in your black book the better, so make sure all your dealings with people are fair and mutually beneficial.

So, I just went off on this huge rant and I hope I gave out something useful in it. Like I said, we're actively looking for collaboration but we're on a very limited time schedule at the moment, so if you message us and we don't get back to you, know that we've read it, wrote it down and have you on our "to-do-list" (as terrible as that sounds, I don't mean it like that).

These are just some of the things I've learned prior to creating the channel and from a week of maintaining it, so I'm by no means an expert, just relaying our experience.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck!
-SoapBox

It all I've been doing yet for some reason people just stop paying attention the moment I say EU...

thats why I'm jealous and frustrated..
I put a lot of effort into what I'm doing but get no feedback, I don't even care if its good or bad, I just get none what so ever...
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GankFirstGaming » March 22, 2013 3:08pm | Report
Well, message us on our Facebook, www.facebook.com/GankFirstGaming with your links, we're trying to build a network of fellow content creators (just made the post on the reddit), and I'll give you my honest feedback!

We're also BOTH ADD. XD

-SoapBox
<3

-Smitten
Gank First Gaming

GankFirstGaming

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }