Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Questions about streaming

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Questions about streaming 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fzkk » February 12, 2014 6:42am | Report
Hi everyone,Ive always liked the idea of streaming myself and now i got few questions related to it cause i am fairly new to it so if you find time to answer them and help me out, it would be great.

1) Do i need a good computer to stream? That it would run nicely with good quality and have good fps in game?

2)Ive read that some(or most of them) use 2 computers, one for streaming and another for gaming. The question is does it really give a high advantage over using one computer?

3) What would be a solid budget for first streaming set? (Maybe new computer,headset,cam etc)

4)Obviously i'd start from the bottom but just asking this, does twitch membership gives you better stream quality?

5)Any final tips?

Thanks for reading.

- Fzkk

Fzkk

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 12, 2014 6:55am | Report
Sure i have few tips..

1. Most important thing is to have a good internet connection with high upload speeds(>1Mbps).
To live stream 720p videos with a bitrate of more than 1000Kbps which is necessary for clarity, u need high uplink bandwidth.
2. Get a good cpu and graphics for simultaneously running the game and background video encoding.
A quad core cpu would be good, from amd u can have the cheap 8core fx processors, works fine.
3. Ram not much an issue 8 GB sufficient.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 12, 2014 7:06am | Report
Most people use two computers so they can have the game and streaming gear on one, and only that (for less lag and upload latency), and twitch plus miscellaneous stuff on the other computer, so they can just look at chat that way.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fzkk » February 12, 2014 8:49am | Report
Your answers are appreciated. Still looking for some answers

Fzkk

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Koust » March 18, 2014 12:04pm | Report
IMO:

1) As the first one said, your connection is more important. But you do need a computer that allows you to play with at least 30fps otherwise you won't be able to play because of the fps lag.

2)Never read about two computers, but the most part of streams I watch ppl use 2 monitors, so they can play full screen and reply the chat at the same time, which makes the stream more enjoyable.

3) Well that is up to you. But imo you should get a good mic and headphones. Or a good headset. Oh, and a second monitor at least would be great, ppl prefer streamings that they can chat with the broadcaster ;)

4)I don't think so. At least at Turbo's page, only mention free-ad, custom emoctions and other stuff like that. But nothing on quality.

5)Take a look at the bots like Nightbot.tv, they help a lot with the chat thing and other stuff like musics and etc !

Good Luck, Hope to have helped a little :P

Koust

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » March 18, 2014 1:42pm | Report
30 FPS are great if you don't like to hit skillshots.

I recommend at least 90 FPS while streaming
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }