Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bring back Dawngate the stream!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Videos & Streams » Bring back Dawngate the stream! 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » November 9, 2014 8:40pm | Report
I played Dawngate back when it was still considered closed beta and you had a low as all heck chance of getting into the game. The first time I jumped in as a shaper and heard the announcer I knew I found a game that I could play along side league. So over the next coming of weeks I'm going to attempt to stream 5-6 hours a day of nothing but Dawngate! This isn't an attempt from me to get more views on my stream. I know I'm going to see those comments below about that.

Here's why I want this game to be successful and attempt to sway you to keeping this game alive! EA is a company known for shutting down games that didn't do as well as they wanted. Dawngate is a perfect example of this. They wanted league's numbers for a MOBA game of their own so they bought out Waystone games to attempt this. I want to stream this game and show them how much a dedicated community they have that wants to keep this game alive. We may not be millions, but that didn't stop Runescape from thriving and still to this day from thriving.

The game itself has some flaws sure but every game does! I personally found very few, it was a well versed game with a new style. Dawngate is hugely focused around the idea that a "hero" can do any "role" within the game. Sure there are some better than others, but still you could do almost as good as them since the "meta" of that game is no "meta" at all and personally I love that idea. The map is also focused around not three, but only 2 lanes and a huge jungle with 2 wells on either side. The jungler could easily go to these wells and farm up for themselves and stop the enemy teams passive economy gain which last I checked no other moba/dota currently does that. Yea in Dota 2 you can deny creeps, but never stop the passive gold gain and to some extent you can do that in league, but once more never the passive gold. So it was a whole new element that I've never seen before and that made me happy to see that. Sure you could compare the graphics to league, but how many art styles are in the world? not enough to stay "unique" in my opinion!

So like I said I want to attempt to show EA how wrong they are for shutting down a game just because they weren't seeing their own "ideal" numbers and instead show them what it means to have any kind of community even if only a few hundred thousand because that's still a huge number for any game!

Here's my stream if you want to come and help me! twitch.tv/magerosn also my friend ninjatrigger will be joining me for a lot of it!

Shaddofokkusu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » November 9, 2014 9:03pm | Report
you can tune in now to hear my lovely voice, but hopefully I will be playing in the next round.
Sig by MiKurusu

Ninja Trigger

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 9, 2014 10:33pm | Report
I was on there. "Hi, Greenevers. I'm on TV!"

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » November 10, 2014 2:01pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

I was on there. "Hi, Greenevers. I'm on TV!"

Haha it was great and we have many more days of streaming to go!

Shaddofokkusu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » November 10, 2014 5:21pm | Report
Streams up and rolling! I need to post times for these, but I still have not made a solid schedule.

Shaddofokkusu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shaddofokkusu » November 25, 2014 9:58am | Report
So in the past couple weeks of streaming Dawngate I think I might just stream for the last month of Dawngate because I think the numbers will be back as people realize that it's actually ending and maybe then the queue times won't be fifty minutes long. I'll be honest Dawngate has some interesting mechanics and some things about it, but the queue times make it unplayable for most people right now unless you just luck out hard and get fifteen minute queues sometimes. As enjoyable as most mobas are I will say Dawngate isn't the most enjoyable. That's not to say it's not a fun game only issue is and it's one I keep running across is that when a team gets a lead on the other it just spirals out of control from there. Not just a little bit, but a huge amount to the point of it feels like one kill in Dawngate is like 5 in League. So I'm not going to stop streaming it entirely but for the most part I will be.

Shaddofokkusu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }