Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why the hate on Cabrakan solo?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Why the hate on Cabrakan solo? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PJsutnop » November 10, 2014 12:20am | Report
Hey

I'm a pretty decent player, and been playing for some time. Not anything special, but enough to atleast know how to play. When Cabrakan was released I tried him out and got underwhelmed by how he felt at first, but already from the beginning he felt like a offensive solo laner to me. I didn't use him at all as he didn't have the strength needed and then BAM! buffs! Now when he got the buffs I wanted to try it out again, and I'm not gonna lie, I fell in love :P

I've now been using him lately with my own little build, basing around quick and powerfull burst of his 1-2, and he works suprisingly well against many common solo gods, and i think that if someone better than me use him he could be realy amazing.

BUT, while I've been training with him in casuals lately, I've found an sad trend. For some reason people HATE solo cabrakan. Every time I take him people either freak out, or force me to go sup. Ofc it's always fun to think back on it when you end the match with top kills, but it still feels bad, especially the matches it goes poorly ( which it can always go with any god) as then everyone just flame instantly T.T.

Why? Why is cabrakan solo consiered so bad automaticly? I mean I can understand as hes a guardian, but hades doesn't get the same hate, nor does jungle ymir. I mean people play frickin athena jungle and none bats and eye. Now I don't play ranked much at all (always been that kind of guy whos scared of playing ranked as I don't want to upset everyone else :P) but I would realy love it if someone who does and thats realy good could give me constructive feedback on why hes seen as such a bad solo laner, and what it is that makes him bad.

If you want me to post the build/ playstyle for a better explaination I can do that aswell.

- PJsutnop

PJsutnop

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 10, 2014 12:44am | Report
Heya, I don't play Cabrakan at all, but i have seen some of the pro players play him in solo lane, and not just in casuals but in ranked. If you can use him, if you enjoy him, then feel free to play him in solo. Sometimes people just don't understand that casuals are for fun, and experiments.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » November 10, 2014 1:04am | Report
GeouZu wrote:

Heya, I don't play Cabrakan at all, but i have seen some of the pro players play him in solo lane, and not just in casuals but in ranked. If you can use him, if you enjoy him, then feel free to play him in solo. Sometimes people just don't understand that casuals are for fun, and experiments.

Perfectly summed up what I wanted to say. Who cares what the other players think, casuals are about fun, not hyper competitiveness.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PJsutnop » November 10, 2014 1:15am | Report
GeouZu wrote:

NIce knowing he's used in ranked aswell. Yea maybe I should stop caring so much about what everyone else say. Everyone I know say that I should play sup more as I seem to love helping others more than my self >.>.

I'm definitly gonna keep playing him, now when I know hes not hated upon the same way in ranked. So thank!

PJsutnop

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » November 10, 2014 3:30am | Report
Yeah, play whatever you want and have fun ;) This is completely normal unless you do something troll-like that will never work. For example I can mention Vulcan/Janus duo lane (both building magical power).. That didn't work :D But Cabrakan solo is completely fine, and in right hands cabrakan can carry the game.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 10, 2014 3:58am | Report
The reason people get mad is because A: 75% of smite players a flaming douches and B: you are breaking the meta which people see as saying you don't follow their religion.

I recommand you queue with friends, when i still played smite all i did was break the meta, xbal solo/mid, wukong mid and adc, ymir mid andone my personal favorite(s) 95% of all assassins in mid, adc or solo. Lane assassins rule.

Smite isn't the only moba where meta=religion but right now they are defenetly more easely pissed off by doing it.

If you just wanna have a laugh at how angry people can get in moba's over the meta youtube search "league of children" even if you don't know what is happening in the game, the flaming is still hilarious.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 10, 2014 9:58am | Report
welcome to smite where indeed 3/4 matches you have at least some one who is toxic. And go with a unholy pick and 4/4 is going to have at least 1 who is going to be toxic.

Because normal matches are even more competitive then ranked. (coem on people if you care so much about winning go to ******** ranked because in normal your ruining all the fun of teh others with your win feed.)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PJsutnop » November 13, 2014 2:55am | Report
Devampi wrote:

welcome to smite where indeed 3/4 matches you have at least some one who is toxic. And go with a unholy pick and 4/4 is going to have at least 1 who is going to be toxic.

Because normal matches are even more competitive then ranked. (coem on people if you care so much about winning go to ******** ranked because in normal your ruining all the fun of teh others with your win feed.)

yea that's true, the meta is pretty much seen as a religion in some cases :P

I realy don't think that he's bad at all in solo, tho would very likely be better in ranked as you're able to tak it as a counterpick. I use him as a fast burster, basing around dealing tons of damage with his 1>2 combo, instead of the classical bruiser with goi. Yea you heard me, I never take Goi on this set (trust me I've gotten toxicity for that aswell xD) but the reason is simple as it's just not usefull on a god that is played around burst.

It has it's weaknesses, like vulcan being a hard counter, but at the same time it's able to easely take down most mages in the solo lane like chang'e, ra and even hel if played correctly. It's nice when it works, but it's so sad when you get behind as even tho you'll comeback, the rest of the team will think that I lost them the game :P

PJsutnop

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 14, 2014 4:22am | Report
Cab is not bad in solo....

He is actually quite strong, he is just a God that people are not looking at closely.

They think they seen him and they think hes nothing.

They always do this, then one day someone will wake up and do good with him and he will be banned out because someone is too good with him.

Cab clears decently well, has high protections, 2 stuns, a object that blocks movement so you can't escapes and a pull/disruption that is continuous and his damage is high. His 1 makes him immune to a lot of downsides.

Simple put, Cab does a **** load of damage, if anyone gets hit by the 1 + 2 combo ALONE its going to do at least almost half of their HP.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 21, 2014 9:03pm | Report
I actually Have a guide on why Cab is one of my favorite gods in the game and an excellent counter pick to many in the solo lane and he is as ICEN said currently very underrated.

If you think he is fun solo you have to try jungle cab.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }