Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What can I do against Athena Jungle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » What can I do against Athena Jungle? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iGodOfFight » August 24, 2014 3:34am | Report
Hello everyone,

Latly I am starting to see more and more athena playing as jungle.

And I have no idea what to do against this.

I mean, it's doing insane demage and it has massive croud control.

I mean with the combo of 1+3+2 she is killing me. so what can I do against it?

iGodOfFight

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 24, 2014 5:39am | Report
iGodOfFight wrote:

Hello everyone,

Latly I am starting to see more and more athena playing as jungle.

And I have no idea what to do against this.

I mean, it's doing insane demage and it has massive croud control.

I mean with the combo of 1+3+2 she is killing me. so what can I do against it?

Mostly beads and wards I'd say.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SMITEGusher » October 27, 2014 9:32pm | Report
If you are in the jungle role, the hardest counter to an Athena is an aggressive early game jungler (Ex. Thanatos Bastet) to shut her gold income down early, Athena will always have the capability to make plays due to her kit. But halting her progression in slight victories through counter jungling can give your team a large lead transitioning into the mid game. Or playing a jungle with quick rotation such as Thor to counter gank her plays is another viable suggestion.

As Support, anyone that can peel or cleanse is a hard counter, such as Geb's Stone Shield as always, remember to ward and be vocal with your team.

As Hunter grab Greater Purification, if you have escape or cc immunity just be aware of her positioning.

As Mage Ward and use cc, Greater Purification is also a viable choice.

As Solo be aware of her position on the map when extending, always ward.

Hope this information can be informative in any use, if you wish to further discuss anything please feel free to PM me!

Mod for: Twitch.tv/desanya
Shoutcaster for: smitecommunity.net
TheoryCrafter, Analyst & Coach for 4 years

SMITEGusher

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2014 12:15am | Report
Counterjungling isn't a thing in Smite. It's too easy to run away from. The only thing you can do is try to get an early kill and snowball from there, which you will, because jungling in this game is ******ed. So in other words, outside of the first three minutes of the game, forget it.

Beads are worthless for counterplay. What they are good for is baiting. You can't counterplay Athena, but you can bait her into going in and then killing her.

Supports are so damn easy, just don't be ******ed in-lane and CC Athena right after she three's.

Hunters, just pop escapes.

Mages, just turn around and kill her because you are literally always 2-3 levels higher than her. Or run away, whatever.

tl;dr, get beads and lose your gold advantage against the enemy laner and die anyway because beads has a 180 sec cooldown at worst and her taunt has an 18 sec cooldown.

Or get beads and tie with the enemy laners since they also bought beads because your jungler ganks often. This will never happen.

Or don't get beads and die. Grit your teeth and play the game.

Gotta love counterplay.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 28, 2014 12:35am | Report
(literally just ward)
(there is no other answer which is more painfully obvious than this)
(if she ults onto their laner just run)
(but yeah ward)
(did I say ward yet)
(yeah ward)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2014 6:54am | Report
Warding isn't an option because literally everyone wards in higher levels of play and junglers simply avoid or go through them.

When everyone wards, wards are something that everyone goes through and disregards eventually. It's like autoattacking - such a basic thing that everyone just accepts it as a fact and moves on.

Take it from a jungle main. I know the enemy wards. I don't care. I can't do **** about it, so I just move on and play through it.

(Edit: Basically, warding only makes you NOT lose the game, it doesn't make you win it.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 28, 2014 12:41pm | Report
Yeah I know you ignore them, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. If you don't ward as a laner you get ganked and die. If you do ward, especially against someone like athena, who can't jump over walls, you don't get ganked and die.

Just because it's required doesn't mean it isn't a solution. If Athena doesn't get cheese kills, she won't have the gold income to seriously scale up, which imo, is fine by me.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 28, 2014 1:06pm | Report
Warding can make you win the game. Countless times a ganker thinks he's going to surprise me but I have it warded and 100-0 him quickly.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » October 28, 2014 1:32pm | Report
Run like a *****!

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OwnedBySin » October 31, 2014 3:06pm | Report
Wards win games.

OwnedBySin

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }