Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Are the Meta Gods?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » What Are the Meta Gods? 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 14, 2014 9:00am | Report
I fear Thor more than majority of the junglers

There is no warning when a thor ults down onto your face unless you herd it but most smart thors will ult far away and just land on you then burst you down.

Thor still has some of the fastest jungle clear

IMO Thor is still top tier

People are just on the new D train playing new Gods and people are getting bored of playing the same Gods probably.

I mean, I could not play the same God over and over 1,000 times, that would just get old.

Most junglers can't clear faster than Thor
NO jungler can cover the distance of Thor
NO jungler has a long range long lasting stun like thor which is an unmovable object that blocks paths/sets up impales, ect.
Half of the junglers cannot burst quicker then Thor either.

To me Thor is still one of the best Gods in Smite

People are not playing him as often as they used to for the same reason I am not playing him.

#1 - I forgot he was there because he is so old
#2 - I am playing the newer gods half the time, aka old gods we over played so we move on to newer ones
#3 - Because of the fact people started playing newer Gods people stopped playing Thor and older Gods as much, thus people lost interest regardless if they are still good or not.

Basically, once people feel like playing Thor then they will D ride him all over again.

Thor should actually be a top pick, not insta ban status but up there.

His Global ult is something everyone should want on there team, when I have a Thor on my team I know we are about to **** **** up. Where as other junglers can't do **** in team fights and have to hide around to get a kill, Thor can at least be useful and throw out long range stuns and hammers.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 14, 2014 9:23am | Report
I don't know why on earth ICEN thinks Artemis is a meta god, but I don't want to know.

For mid lane mages, I say you need mobility, CC, waveclear, damage, and burst, as well as early game presence.

From this, I can say Agni, Janus, kukulkhan, Poseidon, and Ra are meta mid lane mages.

All of these gods have waveclear, amazing ganking ability and burst damage, good mobility, and good CC.

I can also explain why some gods are or aren't in the meta.

Aphrodite may have waveclear, damage, CC, and utility, but the lack of mobility means she's most often seen in the solo lane.

He Bo has damage and mobility, but his waveclear is typically too risky to do anywhere but solo lane. This also applies to Hel.

Eset has fallen out of favor due to her lack of mobility and her comparatively subpar burst due to a utility ultimate.

Nu Wa may not have mobility, but she has a global KS ultimate that is used to snowball, combined with its short cooldown. On top of that, active items in this game are not counterplay. No one will spend 300 on Aegis at the start for the enemy mid laner, and spending Aegis on the enemy mid laner instead of your lane is silly. Due to her utility and lack of counterplay due to her ridiculous MR shred, Nu Wa is meta.

Scylla lacks lane presence and respectable waveclear, making her not in the meta. She is strictly worse than other gods such as Janus, who have her damage and CC and mobility, but better. The only thing she has is her cleanup ultimate, but that's not enough to compensate for how easily she can be outpushed, even in the solo lane.

Zhong Kui isn't meta due to him needing to fit into specific team compositions, against specific team compositions, as well as how he's hard countered by Nemesis. In addition, his lack of mobility and as much burst as the other mages makes him relatively weak. He might be a meta solo laner, however.

I'm honestly disturbed by the amount of burst damage in the game. I can tell you that a full build Agni can 100-0 a squishy but full build Anubis within the span of his stun.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }