Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Unicorn build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Unicorn build 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 22, 2014 8:15pm | Report
So i haven't played much adc before but I was watching a thing on the unicorn build and it was very fascinating to me, A physical build without crits! So I went and played around with it on Anhur (the God it was recommended for and low and behold I did really good! Now playing ADC is still kinda not my ballpark so I looked at what AA based assasin it might work for and I thought Kali... we won 4v5 with me getting over 15 kills and annihilating anyone who crossed my path. there squishies would melt in like 2 to 3 seconds if that and there tank (Geb) would vanish in maybe a second longer... and he built tanky as ****. So long as I was attacking people I was damn near Invincible cause the life steal was ridiculous. I could shred through a phoenix faster than an Apollo and that was just straight backdoor with no minions... I solo'ed the Dag'on FIREGIANT!

In conclusion the Unicorn build on Kali is stupid overpowered and I wanted share my acquired knowledge and see what anyone has to say in response to that

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 22, 2014 8:35pm | Report
Only thing, is while the unicorn build is decent for boxing, most of the game is based around severe burst. And the two kinda balance out on DPS. This would be a much better build if the meta is exceptionally tanky (the build has very high penetration), currently the game has a rather squishy meta - Solo lanes are usually moderately tanky warriors or mages, the mid lane is mage, the jungle is assassin, the solo lane is a squishy hunter and a tank that doesn't have much gold income.

I like the divergent build paths, but it's not necessarily extremely potent over the crit build. It's just kind of which you'd prefer.

Also, crit shreds firegiant better because it CAN be crit, while towers cannot. But even with the towers unable to be crit and having the ability for penetration, on average it'll save you maybe an auto attack or two.

Additionally, junglers rely on unreliability. Basically, if you can't secure a kill with unicorn build, you never will - the dps is the dps. And if someone realizes they can kill you, they will not be afraid. With the crit build, if it fails you can come back and secure a kill in the future because there's always the chance for an extra crit or two.

My opinion on it is it's very even to be honest. The unicorn can be really good if there's multiple healers, but otherwise, just kind of goes even.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 22, 2014 9:25pm | Report
I really enjoy how it makes there support not want to initiate cause I could usually kill him within a second of the stun running out whenever he did. The reason I loved it was the dps against tanks was the same as against the squishies... and the double lifesteal plus invincibillity ult was op

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 22, 2014 9:39pm | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:

I really enjoy how it makes there support not want to initiate cause I could usually kill him within a second of the stun running out whenever he did. The reason I loved it was the dps against tanks was the same as against the squishies... and the double lifesteal plus invincibillity ult was op

Unfortunately focusing down the tank means their Dps' have free damage on you and anyone else doing so. In other words; during a teamfight, you attacking their support is pretty much exactly what they want. Good on splitpush apollo doe. xD

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » December 22, 2014 9:50pm | Report
I made a post regarding the unicorn build on assassins not that long ago. I thought it might really benefit some more ability based assassins since they're not benefiting much from the crit build anyway (example being the new god Awilix with her Feather Step). I could see this build working for Kali quite well. However, I am still wary about what Raventhor said,

Raventhor wrote:

if you can't secure a kill with unicorn build, you never will - the dps is the dps. And if someone realizes they can kill you, they will not be afraid. With the crit build, if it fails you can come back and secure a kill in the future because there's always the chance for an extra crit or two.

Basically, assassins do often rely on getting lucky from time to time with a few extra crits to secure kills in many scenarios. However, almost every crit build focuses on the late game, and there are many assassins whose late games are potent enough to secure kills with the unicorn build consistently.

The whole thing leaves me feeling very wishy washy :S
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » December 22, 2014 11:05pm | Report
I found proxydamage's article in smite central very useful, on the topic of Unicorn vs Crit, here is the link: http://www.smitecentral.com/content/articles/page/professor-proxy/professor-proxy-advanced-class-unicorn-vs-crit

Edit: found a greenevers comment on it :P
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 23, 2014 1:31am | Report
The thing I have with assassins, is many can't choose either build - certain need Hydra's, certain need Fatalis over imp. Sprint, certain need Jotunn's (the % CDR is actually necessary on some, despite Brawler's being stat-based better), which is why it's SO hard to actually talk about either of these with assassins.

I'm curious what item would be best to swap out with each build for an Arena standpoint, since Devo isn't generally useful. I'm sure there's someone who could do immense math on it but arena would never get an article like that for it =/
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 23, 2014 2:40am | Report
And then some ******* comes in with a witchblade and you wish you built crits. :P

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 23, 2014 10:52am | Report
I want to try it on Osiris, think it would be really effective on him... Cause it helps Kali come online much earlier

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }