Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Strategies for Countering Zeus?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Strategies for Countering Zeus? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » December 11, 2013 7:25pm | Report
I'm having a lot of trouble going against Zeus lately, mostly because now that I'm at a higher level, all Zeus players don't necessarily eat glue. Does anyone have any tips or advice for countering Zeus or shutting him down? Thanks!

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 11, 2013 7:51pm | Report
A few things.
1) If you are in any kind of draft pick, choose a god that is a CASTER, not an AUTO ATTACKER. Zeus hard counters people like Loki, Ne Zha, Chronos, Artemis, etc, those that rely on Auto Attacks. People like Fenrir, Tyr**, Thor, etc hit him HARD. His Aegis Shield is useless.

2) VERY good timing with Aegis Amulet. If you trinket his stun, he dies. You don't take damage, aren't stunned, and simply win.

3) If you're an auto attacker, DO NOT ENGAGE until you see that shield. Once it's over engage. If you attack a Zeus with a shield, he's not only taking less damage, but also applying instant charges.

4) If you get 3 charges, get distance. If you're going to get stunned, you can NOT let him stack up charges again quickly.

5) Bulwark of Hope counters him hard. Health, Magic Protection, and a nice low health damage mitigation.

6) Combat Blink counters his ult.

7) Early game Zeus has no waveclear if it's conquest. Push him to the tower.

8) No escapes. If you can avoid engaging 1v1, do it. Team up, and wreck his face.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 11, 2013 9:39pm | Report
Pretty much what RT said, but I have some other stuff:

Enfeebling Curse is pretty effective against him, but that's only if you could afford the active slot.

Anyone who can prevent him to detonating for a decent period of time, like Eset or Thanatos, works well.

If you are a BASIC (ahem) attacking god, you could get Aegis Amulet and try to out-DPS him. If you can blobk his stun, for a few moments, he's pretty much crippled in terms of damage output (especially with the Polynomicon nerf) and a hunter could easily kill him.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 12, 2013 12:37am | Report
Just play it safe and focus in pushing him into tower. And if you can, poke him (lightly), so you can still play it safe but get him frustrated.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 24, 2013 11:43am | Report
Nice tips RavenThor! Very well detailed. I'm taking notes lol.

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }