Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spell crits in smite?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Spell crits in smite? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Timmerman » May 9, 2013 8:40pm | Report
Hi there Smite community!

I am still quite new to smite but handles the gameplay quite well, due to my XXXX (notice 4 didgets) played games in Dota -> HoN -> LoL...
With this said there are several game facts i cant seem to find the info on anywhere!

One of these are spellcrit, which i am highly confused with;
Does it exist? Or why do i see random double amounts of damage from heroes like Zuez with his 3rd ability.. Im sure im not the only one who have gotten suprised with enormous amount of damage that messes up my "should i kill or back off"-ratio.
And if it exists, how does it work?

There are several facts like these im wondering about and cant seem to find info on.. And as the serious gamer i am i want to know everything about a game i play.
But this thread is all about spellcrit though.

WELP.

Timmerman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 9, 2013 10:06pm | Report
Spells can't crit in smite, basic attacks can (you buy items that increase the likelyness and the damage of your crits) ;)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 10, 2013 5:25am | Report

Spells can't crit in smite, basic attacks can (you buy items that increase the likelyness and the damage of your crits) ;)

Well to be 100% correct Ne Zhas Wind Fire Wheels can crit.
But other no spell can crit.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Timmerman » May 10, 2013 12:10pm | Report
Thanks for the quick answers!

Hm! I guess the BIG sized number 1000 damage third skill on zuez is just hitting someone with no Magical protection + me having a lot of Spell dmg..

Does bigger numbers show if u make more dmg? Does the size of the font scale with dmg?

Timmerman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 10, 2013 12:14pm | Report
Timmerman wrote:

Thanks for the quick answers!

Hm! I guess the BIG sized number 1000 damage third skill on zuez is just hitting someone with no Magical protection + me having a lot of Spell dmg..

Does bigger numbers show if u make more dmg? Does the size of the font scale with dmg?

Not entirely sure, but crits do show. There is little blood around them.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Orbmaniac » May 13, 2013 6:20am | Report
since you are talking about zeus number 3 dmg i am guessing you are new/havent experienced zeus to much, zeus 3 can hit for over 1300 dmg when squishy players get 3 stacks and have no protection. in late game ofc.

1 stack = 100% dmg from 3.
2 stacks = 250% dmh from 3.
3 stacks = 400% dmg from 3

a squishy get wrecked if they get 3 stacked.

im just guessing you dident know since the damage confuses you.
IGN: Orbmaniac
Proud member of Smitefire EU.

Orbmaniac

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaden » May 14, 2013 5:23am | Report
seeing 2 dmg numbers can be from items, eg, if you have qin the normal AA dmg shows as well as a separate number for qin, same on other items, also skills like freja will appear more then 1 number.

there is no magic crit cause omfg it would be OP

Kaden

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }