Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sobek, mage, tank, or both

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Sobek, mage, tank, or both 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » December 30, 2012 11:15am | Report
I know that on the god it says that sobek is a tank, but sometimes his abilities are good at ad.

I want to know if i should build him as a tank, mage, or both, despite how i play
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 30, 2012 11:38am | Report
You build Sobek as a tank. Hes almost unkillable if you build him tanky, also you can easily max Magic and Phys damage these days and then still buy Mag-stats, means: If you maxxed all your items you can either go for health if you wanna play as support, or you can go for damage.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 30, 2012 4:30pm | Report
Sobek is pretty bad if you build him for huge AP his abilities just don't scale too well I could see him built semi tank with some magic damage something like this :
Wanguard Reinforced Boots VoidStone Warlock Sash Sover/Gia Rod of Tahuti

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » February 16, 2013 2:01am | Report
When I play Brobek I build him almost as a bruiser, leaning more on the tanky side. I wouldnt recommend building full AP, especially high-level games, but if you go straight tank you will find yourself being useful just for tanking towers, setting up kills, and annoying the enemy team.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanax » February 19, 2013 9:57am | Report
You have to realize going fully tanky is easy with certain items, try this build:

Mark of the Vanguard, Hand of the Gods, Creeping Curse, 3 Health Potions 2 Mana Potions

Reinforced Boots, Mystical Mark, Void Stone, Ethereal Staff, Warlock's Sash/Sovereignty, sell Mark, get something like Gem of Isolation, or Midguardian Mail, even something like Polynomicon or Divine Ruin
Check out my guide on Bakasura,

Bakasura, Eating the Competition

Here's my BBCode General post:

BBCode General

Thanax

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » February 23, 2013 3:20am | Report
But where is the magical prot in that build? As convenient as it would be for the enemy team to be full physical, 9 out of 10 times that wont be the case. And I personally dont like Ethereal Staff, it costs too much and the AP bonus isnt enough to justify buying it for that, and Gauntlet of Thebes gives more health at full stacks.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Djuro » February 26, 2013 12:40pm | Report
Only way in building Sobek in my opinion is tanky. If you build tanky nobody can kill and you can just tail whip and heal yourself and pull enemies and let your team do the rest of the work. Sobek right now is one of the strongest tanks in the game because he has so many ways in staying alive and he can do a lot of damage as well without building him AP or AD. So if you want to play sobek just build him tanky and you will destroy everybody.

And in early game you need to be tanky too if you want to fling your enemies and not die from creeps!

Djuro

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }