Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Poseidon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Poseidon 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 4:51pm | Report
Don't know how to use him. I'm good with physical ADs (except Kong), all the tanks and primary roles, for some reason. Mages just...I mean. Some I get (like Anubis and hebo) others I don't. (like Poseidon)

Yeah. I tried out all the gods. And used each one more than 7 times except Cupid and freya.

Any tips for how to Poseidon duo lane?
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brian123 » February 28, 2013 4:58pm | Report
get the 1st skill first :)

Brian123

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 5:02pm | Report
I meant play style. I tried to play like a Ra but Sobek was giving me a hard time.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » February 28, 2013 5:22pm | Report
Casters are hard vs Sobek (imo).

Just max the first skill first, then second, then third. (Ult every time you get it).
First skill is awesome to clear creeps, poke enemies and keep them on distance (it got a hitback).
Second is good to chase/escape and do better autoattack.
Third is good snare for escape/chase.

Ulti is just a big BOOM with stun in the middle, snare at the outer ring. COmbined with first and maybe even third you should deal heavy dmg+stun.

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 5:44pm | Report
Yeah. I noticed. His ultimate is good. A Thor tried to face me when I had half health. And he failed miserably after getting hit by my autoattacks after using 2, then using my 1 after stacking up passive. Going into ultimate easily killing him in seconds. I accidentally launched my 3 just in case though. But thor's health went down in seconds.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brian123 » February 28, 2013 6:26pm | Report
If you meant by play style, then play passive since Poseidon's skills take a long time to cool down

Brian123

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » February 28, 2013 9:35pm | Report
Thanks to our beloved owners of the site. Poseidon is now here.

Including his four abilities. Along with Release The Kraken!

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 28, 2013 9:58pm | Report
poseidon is actually pretty balanced.
too bad he needs gems because his 3 doesn't slow ;c and his pull is just pathetic

other than that he needs demonic grip and polynomicon for some real power on his 2
just get in very close range and enjoy the shotgun effect 3 hits with every auto attack :D
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » March 1, 2013 5:10am | Report
His passive makes him a big threat in the middle lane. You just keep clearing creep waves with your "1" and your basic attack. This fills the tide meter. Then the next creep wave, you hit again with your "1", which will be more powerful because of your passive. Then use basic attack to clear it, filling your tide meter.

So, you can now kill creep waves faster than your opponent because of your passive damage boost, and your "1". Then you just poke-poke-poke at your opponent with your "1" and your "2". The "2" by the way, is a good escape. Better than Ao Kuang's, because it has a higher speed boost plus your passive has a small speed boost too. Not great like a leap, but decent. As soon as you hit level 5, you'll get your first kill. Just poke-poke-poke, keeping your opponent on the defensive, then hit level 5, pop Kraken, and kill. Basically, I found myself going Ult followed by "1" immediately on stunned / slowed enemies. That could usually outright kill anyone, even at high health (not full health, though, which is why you poke-poke-poke).

And don't forget, your "3" does do a little bit of damage as well as the slow. It isn't a lot, but sometimes it is enough. Placing your "3" and your Ult will take some skill. Learning how fast the cast animation is, how long the delay is, and then predicting where your opponent is trying to go. Heck, ALL of Poseidon's skills require proper aim.

Items? I'm not so sure yet. I've done pure power and had success, and I've done a hybrid/bruiser thing and been OK. I think pure power will win out over defensive builds, but I haven't played enough to see that, yet.

Good luck! Have fun, most importantly.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 1, 2013 8:26am | Report
lets clear some things up

his 1 is strong but the push can be annoying sometimes
his 2 is freaking great and under utalised (polynomicon and demonic grip = way too strong)
and his 3 DOES NOT SLOW IT'S A PULL meaning people's speed will depend on thes position and at same time its way too weak of a pull (has almost no effect) but works great with gem of isolation.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }