Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meta game or just random team strategies?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Meta game or just random team strategies? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 29, 2012 6:06am | Report
So far there is no obvious meta game in smite but it most likely should include 1 jungler at least.

1(1)-1-2 : is one of the most common lane setup so far. The 1 inside the parenthesis symbolizes the jungler.

1(1)-1-1(1) : Could also work but I've never seen it been pulled off successfully so far in solo que.

Are we going to see a solid meta game in the future or are the 5v5 teams only going to use different strategies and lane setups ? Any other suggestions on how to allocate the lanes ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 29, 2012 2:39pm | Report
There is a meta right now.
Pusher + brusier left
Mage or heavy pusher mid
Tank + carry right

Jungling, as the jungle is set right now, is worthless to have a person doing it. You are much better off winning your lane and taking side buffs while you gave blue to someone, usually mid right off the bat.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » October 30, 2012 1:16am | Report
Quoted:

There is a meta right now.
Pusher + brusier left
Mage or heavy pusher mid
Tank + carry right

Jungling, as the jungle is set right now, is worthless to have a person doing it. You are much better off winning your lane and taking side buffs while you gave blue to someone, usually mid right off the bat.

Well you cant jungle like you do it in LoL that's for sure. Junglers in smite are still laning 50-70% of the time, but they make sure to take advantage of the extra gold and exp from the jungle Camps. A successful jungler can stay on par with the midlaner when using this strategy. So not having a jungler in smite is kinda stupid tbh.
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 30, 2012 2:07am | Report
But its not, if done correctly your lane out levels mid lane because of how the buffs are placed. Before the first jungle change this was not true, and when they change it again here soon it may not be true again. For right now tho, simply pushing to a tower with an early kill, taking red green white blue orange, you out level mid and your lane enemy in a silly fashion. It allows the Snowball to start and in this game once a snowball starts its impossible to stop.

Also, there are other gods but for example, Bastet can do level 5 solo gold fury with her cats. Taking it that early is just pure stupid and they really need to fix that. Getting GF that soon is such an advantage early game, and we all know that in high level play of Smite the game is decided in the early game 99% of the time. Something I hope they fix and look into.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flyrom99 » October 30, 2012 2:34pm | Report
In normals there is not really a defined meta because people just want to play their gods and no one else. In ranked there is usually a meta.
If I helped you in anyway by outting suggestions for your guide or making a signature for you could you please rep me.

flyrom99

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }