Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki, and my thoughts on him (for Arena mainly but carries over to conquest)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Loki, and my thoughts on him (for Arena mainly but carries over to conquest) 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TenaciousDeez » November 9, 2012 5:23am | Report
I posted this in the comments section of a Loki guide, but am reposting here for greater visibility (hope that's ok mods)

1. Regarding Vanish:
If you're using vanish to get away after an assassination, the enemy can see what direction you're heading in based off smoke for about the first half second, so you can use this to your advantage to juke. Fake one direction until the smoke animation clears and then go in another direction. (Leveling up while vanished will give away your location as well, so be ware of when exactly your position can be approximated) Also, due to Loki's insanely high burst, you can bait the hell out of people at low HP. As soon as you turn a corner or go around a pillar (in arena) while being chased, vanish and circle around to your enemy and perform the "combo" (more on this later). You will be surprised at how many times you can still kill someone that has 70-100% hp while you are at 25% or below.

2. Decoy (needs confirming, but something I've been speculating on) SRSLY this is speculation
If you're escaping and think you might get killed on the next auto attack, put a decoy on top of yourself whilst running away and it will mess with/absorb your attackers auto attack. Also, it can deceive your enemy's perception of how far you are away and, as you know, they will slow themselves by auto attacking facilitating your escape.

3. Aimed strike and "the combo"
Aimed strike is boss as hell. Not only does it make you hit like a mack truck full of neutron stars, it slows your enemies. Now getting to the combo. How I combo people in arena:

-coming in to gank with vanish:

->do not activate your aimed strike at all if your enemy is backpedaling or walking
sideways. Use your first auto attack to apply the bleed and immediately follow up
with an aimed strike auto attack. What did this do? You get an extra auto attack's
worth of damage during the slow period. If you know you want to stick to your
target and have superior mobility, slip one extra auto attack in between the
vanish-buffed first auto attack and the aimed strike auto attack. Generally,
considering the very high burst of Loki, you will get only 1 aimed strike during
your ganks

-comboing while chasing to kill (and don't need vanish to get out):

->usually I will start off with an auto attack followed by an aimed strike auto
attack, then a regular auto attack, then a vanish auto attack, after this, be
creative. What did this give you? A secure four auto attacks, one of which was
aimed strike buffed, another which was vanish buffed. If you do not have superior
mobility, or fear for missing your second auto attack, use aimed strike for your
first auto attack.

3. Assassinate (i.e. the thing that makes everyone hate your guts)
This is probably my favorite ultimate in the game, because it makes you extremely unpredictable. There are three scenarios for your ultimate:

-Premeditated: You know you want to use it to initiate a kill onto an enemy (usually
squishies with no escape like artemis, anubis, He Bo, Ao Kuang, etc.) Just follow "the combo" after initiating. What helps best with this is keeping track of when your enemy used their cooldowns. Mostly if waiting to gank, the safest time is after they have used their CC. Also, for any god with an escape, you can bait it out just by applying pressure (usually vanishing in and comboing them) so save your ult for after they use their escape.

-Reactive: You are fighting or otherwise trying to displace yourself (During Hades ult for example) Spot the squishiest person and end their lives. It really is that simple.
Especially during Hades ult, when his team is trying to focus on killing everyone in his ult, jump out of it onto a squishy and reassess your situation after the kill. You should have freedom to do as you please.

-ESCAPE!!!: When you really have nothing else left to do besides running away from the enemy. If you can trade an important ult for yours (like Hades if you have no team support or Odin for example) then that is definitely a good trade. If they are desperate enough to use an important ult on you while outnumbering you, just blink out with Assassinate and try not to smirk too damn hard in real life.

TenaciousDeez

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 9, 2012 7:31am | Report
So what's new ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TenaciousDeez » November 9, 2012 8:33am | Report
Is there another Loki post in Theorycrafting? Or are you just trying to say that you know everything already?

TenaciousDeez

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 9, 2012 8:40am | Report
Slappiz is just being himself, never worry he will find himself banned from this site as well as he found himself banned from Moba.

Tho this is all pretty basic loki stuff...after playing solo queue for way to long people should read this. Well done.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Slappiz » November 11, 2012 3:57am | Report
Nah im still good, I've tested all kind of things so I know what will get you banned
Don't get me wrong, I'm just a handsome **********er

Slappiz

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }