Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

countering Ao Kuang? with Anhur?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » countering Ao Kuang? with Anhur? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kewlbuttz » January 27, 2013 4:50pm | Report
I'm completely new to mobas and slowly but surely becoming more competent. I play anhur, a lot, and can handle my lane pretty fine, duo or mid, EXCEPT midding against Ao Kuang. His tornadoes always keep me pushed back REALLY far, and do enough damage to keep me constantly running back and forth, dodging, not getting as many creeps as I could. If I play aggressively early game, it's a little too dangerous, with mixed results.

Just wondering if there's any good counter gods or strategies against Ao.

kewlbuttz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Merkoth » January 28, 2013 6:00am | Report
Hi, my main is Ao Kuang :)

Let's get something out of the way from the start: You can't out-farm Ao and if you let him farm and get stacks (from stuff like Warlock's Sash, for example), you'll have a hard time. So the only solution is to kill him as many times as possible :)

1) Your own mobility. If you pay attention you'll notice that if Ao's tornado doesn't land exactly over your head, you still have a split second to get out without receiving damage. It's a fairly mana hungry skill and has some cooldown too. Also, it's Ao's only semi-direct skill besides Squall, but unless you've built a very squishy Anhur, Squall shouldn't be a problem damage-wise. If you manage to avoid most of his storms, he'll be wasting mana and will be pretty defense-less during cooldowns.

2) HIS mobility. Ao is fairly slow, your moving sands will slow him down a lot and, since he's ****ing squishy(an Anhur surely packs a quite a punch), you can hit very hard if you catch him off-guard. Getting out of the lane and trying some sneak attack from the side might work. Some help from sidelanes ganking can be very effective too.

3) You're ****ing Anhur man! :) Just slow him down, leap to get closer, unload your ult and profit! Unless he's built "tanky", there's no ****ing way he'll survive that.

tl;dr: Bait him into wasting storms and attack him directly.

Merkoth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Avador » January 30, 2013 9:19am | Report
Also, if Ao isn't too feeded ur soul eater or devourer's gloves combined with heartseeker will outheal his tornado dmg.. and as mr. Merkoth mentioned, jump in his face and unleash the fury of your 4 :) Dead Dragon
Sry for The typos, but I'm ón forum from a phone with Danish auto-spelling

Avador

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kewlbuttz » February 1, 2013 5:33pm | Report
Thanks so much, guys! It's stupid, but I always play really meekly against him, and his little bit of DoT really kills me if I'm playing too passively. I'll try being more aggressive!

kewlbuttz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanax » February 3, 2013 1:37am | Report
Killing Ao Kuang is a matter of getting ganks onto him. A hard cc counters him easily as well as walls. If you can get him dead fast enough he can't do anything to stop it.

<-- Amazing Ao.
Check out my guide on Bakasura,

Bakasura, Eating the Competition

Here's my BBCode General post:

BBCode General

Thanax

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 7, 2013 1:58am | Report
Well I was playing an annoying game against a good He Bo player in conquest today. He kept hitting me with his long range water sprouting move (I forgot the name of the special)

I was taking on middle lane since nobody on my team really had any good mid gods I just told them I would try to mid with Anhur. Once I seen He Bo I already knew it was going to be annoyingly hard since he out ranges me with that special of his.

I ended up pushing him back to his tower early like I do against most gods 1v1 after he fell back so far I went back to my base, bought a item then came back to face him. I forgot that he is kind of easy to kill so I decided to go head on when his minion count was down.

Basically I think characters that are squishy you need to rush them and for gods sake make sure you hit them or you might end up dead since Anhur is pretty squishy himself. Basically I let He Bo get comfortable with his range thinking he had more range then me.

Once he had only about 3 minions left I used my jump to get behind him. After surprising him I threw a impale then followed up with my obelisk so he can't run away. From there I just hit him with the basic attacks and killed him. From there I took his tower out and then it was pretty even for a while until late game when I finally took all his towers down.

Basically those characters are always going to be hard, there is no easy way, you just need to choose to take the risk at the right time. Anhur is all about getting them quick kills then getting out so you avoid damage yourself, the last thing you want to do is miss your impale then get that *** stomped.

You really shouldn't be going mid with Anhur because people like Ra can **** you up and make it difficult. To me there is only one option and that is to find the right moment to use all my specials to take them out or at least get a big push. I usually start off with mediation so I can use impale over and over to clear they're minion wave first this way people like RA although better than anhur in mid, will get pushed back until a little bit after early game or when they start to level up/buy things.

So I'd say , JUMP + IMPALE + OBELISK + AUTO ATTACK = DEAD When you get your ULT you can add it

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kewlbuttz » April 2, 2013 8:30pm | Report
I really like mid as Anhur. He's great at controlling a lane against mages or those annoying assassin mids. I've gotten a hang of handling the glass cannon, harassment mage type. Like it was suggested, I'M ****ING ANHUR. I wait until something's on CD, then burst em down at least enough for them to have to recall. A little bit of lifesteal from dev gloves or soul eater really helps, too.

I've never really had much trouble from Ra, really. I just have to get ahead early, which is another reason I like Anhur mid. He gets most powerful early to early-mid game, which helps keep the enemy team's (theoretically) highest levelled player in check.

Anywho, thanks for the suggestions again, guys. Really helped my gameplay.

kewlbuttz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }