Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Boots of Celerity?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Boots of Celerity? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 4, 2013 12:14pm | Report
Soo.. just as a topic of stimulating discussion, are Boots of Celerity even marginally useful for any god? Do they even have any point in the game? I wouldn't have known they existed if I didn't accidentally notice them one day. I guess if you want to be super fast for some reason they might make sense. Mercury because he gets a physical power buff based on movement speed bonuses?

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » December 4, 2013 12:52pm | Report
some say it is usefull for gods that dont have a dash/jump like ares or ymir, it is for the faster rotation.
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 4, 2013 1:12pm | Report
Ymir, if and only if you don't get hit on your way to the enemy, since he's the only viable tank without a gap closer.

Even then, I'd rather have Reinforced Greaves to avoid any CC that could stop me from getting there.

I saw a lot of first day Mercury's overestimating their passive scaling and picking it up. Granted, his slow damage bonus upon mobing combined with the 35% made for a nice initial gank, but it's still useless. His scaling just is NEVER enough to justify building movement speed for the sake of it. I get boots, fatalis (as an AA based assassin, the fact that he's mercury is a sidenote. People like him, ne zha, and bakasura pick it up), and a Golden Bow for the AoE proc on his Made You Look, again the speed is secondary.
Winged Wand, Boots of Celerity, Witchstone, etc are all useless on him.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 4, 2013 7:00pm | Report
Figured. Was just curious about them. Seems like some items could use reworks to make them useful at all.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by artski » December 9, 2013 1:41pm | Report
Yeh only god I find a use for this is ymir. I build max speed max cooldown and team up with a carry and stun wall slow combo and they dead.

artski

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 9, 2013 1:50pm | Report
Ymir, mostly, but I've had some luck on Anubis. (Yes, I'm serious. His passive grants natural penetration and his scalings are good enough that 60 magical power isn't much of a difference).

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }